X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Glycomann
    As far as grain crops you still had cross pollination through natural processes, which added genetic diversity even under conditions of selective breeding. Monsanto actually relies on this to remove non-conformist farmers from the market.

My point is we don't know what's around the next bend. Nature could through a high speed breaking ball that man hasn't prepared for. Nature through her billions of years experience has prepared for this as best as she can. I just don't think it's possible to prepare as well as nature has. Genetic diversity is a force that drives survival as some segment of a species is genetically better prepared for a stress or many stresses over time.. as in millennia or longer. We don't even trust corporate to provide us safe drugs kids toys. I can't trust them with my food supply knowing how the government/lobbying process works.

I haven't looked at it for a long time but look at Monsanto's actions in Argentina and the soybean industry in the 90s. You will see Monsanto's strategy for elimination of genetic diversity and dominance of major global food crops at play.
    I agree with what your saying, but I don't think nature ever intended a human population of seven billion.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by liftsiron
      I agree with what your saying, but I don't think nature ever intended a human population of seven billion.
      I absolutely agree. Thanks to Fritz Haber.

Comment

• Jester
        VET
        • May 2004

Originally posted by liftsiron
        LINK <-- click this

Comment

• hay bailer
          VET
          • Jul 2011

im sorry but I feel that a lot of the GMO hysteria is generated for marketing ploys. Just like the " no transfat" shit you used to see on every label now its "gluten free" or even the fact that they put the protein content on everything now on the label. Like the other day im at wallmart and I see on a PB label....now with 7g protein per serving....duh!! what the fuck are they talking about pb always has had 7 grams of protein....come on man.

Comment

• hay bailer
            VET
            • Jul 2011

people are such suckers for this crap

Comment

• b52
              • Oct 2006

I could sit here with a bowl of popcorn while reading this thread. Most likely a gmo. But on a serious note, while both sides have good points, the problems people are having nowadays I believe are what is put on the crops. Fertililizers, pesticides etc. Some of the stuff they spray on wheat for early harvest is just messed up. It's these in-organic materials, is what I believe the issues come from.

Comment

Working...