X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CTri17
    Vet
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Tatyana
    Cool, you have the right sort of shape for figure!

You already have great development on your arms and legs, small waist, looking good.

I have a couple of suggestions

1. Take all your progress pics as quarter turns (you need to work on these, cause they are not as sharp as they would need to be on stage). I find these immensely difficult in figure.

2. Also find out what compulsories you need to do for your comp, I am not sure what they have the girls do for the NPC.

3. You also want to develop a few of your own poses that really show off your best bodyparts for 'free posing' part.

4. Start looking for music for your routine.

This was the advice that was given to me when I wanted to compete and said 'should I do figure or physique?'. I was told just to train hard and see how my body turns out.

Now, I can actually do either category, it does depend on the federation, however falliing between the classes does really suck for a few feddies as I am too muscular for figure in the UKBFF (and maybe the NAC), yet as I am nattie, possibly not big enough for physique.

As you are developing your body, you can do one of two things

1. Just train and develop your physique to the max, how you want it to be

2. Structure your training so it will 'fit' with what the judges are looking for in a certain feddie.

From what I can tell, the NPC likes figure girls with fairly small arms and capped shoulders, really tight buns, fairly smooth yet sweeps on the quads without deep striations.

I think we will have to start a posing section, it is the most difficult thing about a comp, you could have your body looking the BOMB, but if you don't present it in a sleek and professional matter, you are not going to win.

x
    x
    x

T
    Thanks for all the words of wisdom, I havent even learned posing yet, so my pictures are haphazard right now. But I can see how it is the most difficult part!
    *Christina*

Comment

• nikhi19

Originally posted by Tatyana
      Cool, you have the right sort of shape for figure!

You already have great development on your arms and legs, small waist, looking good.

I have a couple of suggestions

1. Take all your progress pics as quarter turns (you need to work on these, cause they are not as sharp as they would need to be on stage). I find these immensely difficult in figure.

2. Also find out what compulsories you need to do for your comp, I am not sure what they have the girls do for the NPC.

3. You also want to develop a few of your own poses that really show off your best bodyparts for 'free posing' part.

4. Start looking for music for your routine.

This was the advice that was given to me when I wanted to compete and said 'should I do figure or physique?'. I was told just to train hard and see how my body turns out.

From what I can tell, the NPC likes figure girls with fairly small arms and capped shoulders, really tight buns, fairly smooth yet sweeps on the quads without deep striations.

I think we will have to start a posing section, it is the most difficult thing about a comp, you could have your body looking the BOMB, but if you don't present it in a sleek and professional matter, you are not going to win.

T
      Great info Tatyana, but I must correct you on a couple of NPC things:

NPC doesn't require music or "free posing" for the figures round. Only Fitness and Bodybuilding have these rounds. All she'll have to do on stage for Figures is her 1/4 turns in the group comparison rounds (2pc and 1pc) and her "model turns" during individual presentation. There is no personal music on these rounds....just whatever music is playing in the background. The model turns are traditionally 3 poses (Right side, Back, Left side).

Other federations and organizations have different rules, requirements and extras to the shows, but the NPC does not. For more information on rules go to www.musclecontest.com or www.npcnewsonline.com.

Depending on the show, and the competition will determine what the judges are looking for in Figures girls. But going by the NPC competition guidelines they want "A small degree of muscularity with separation is desired with NO VISIBLE STRIATIONS". So you shouldn't train for striations as they will mark you down for that. Some shows are softer and some shows are harder...so talk to your contest promoter to find out what kind of show the one you signed up for usually turns out to be.

Comment

• CTri17
        Vet
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by nikhi19
        Great info Tatyana, but I must correct you on a couple of NPC things:

NPC doesn't require music or "free posing" for the figures round. Only Fitness and Bodybuilding have these rounds. All she'll have to do on stage for Figures is her 1/4 turns in the group comparison rounds (2pc and 1pc) and her "model turns" during individual presentation. There is no personal music on these rounds....just whatever music is playing in the background. The model turns are traditionally 3 poses (Right side, Back, Left side).

Other federations and organizations have different rules, requirements and extras to the shows, but the NPC does not. For more information on rules go to www.musclecontest.com or www.npcnewsonline.com.

Depending on the show, and the competition will determine what the judges are looking for in Figures girls. But going by the NPC competition guidelines they want "A small degree of muscularity with separation is desired with NO VISIBLE STRIATIONS". So you shouldn't train for striations as they will mark you down for that. Some shows are softer and some shows are harder...so talk to your contest promoter to find out what kind of show the one you signed up for usually turns out to be.

Thanks nikhi!
        *Christina*

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

I LOVE this thread..cant get enough of it..new pics please..

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

pic#2 ..complete ownage..check out CT's shoulder development compare to the other cutie.

Comment

• CTri17
              Vet
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by OLYMPIAN
              I LOVE this thread..cant get enough of it..new pics please..
              dont worry there will be more
              *Christina*

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

nice...im still waiting for the nudes u promised..

Comment

• CTri17
                  Vet
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by OLYMPIAN
                  nice...im still waiting for the nudes u promised..
                  whatever you big liar...I never promised that!
                  *Christina*

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

hahahahahahaha!!! ..where's your sense of humor???..

Comment

Working...