Nikhi's Cutting Log-Excalibur Show

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikhi19

Originally posted by ironmaidn
    It's all good girl - you keep going! I was taught as you are doing each rep, really squeeze the muscle you are working as if posing on stage. You may already know this, but it will help "squeeze" out excess water in the muscle.
    Very important during this time of training. U keep rock'n:headbange
    Thank you so much for the tip! I do try to squeeze each muscle and hold the contraction for a second or two as I'm lifting and I try to really focus on the muscle I'm working on so that I get a good brain-muscle connection. I will really work on this!

I've noticed reduced bloating since I've been watching my salt and cutting out wheat products. Amazing what a change in diet will do.

Alas, my damn scale is unreliable! I've weighed myself every morning since Sunday and it has said: 142lbs, 16.2% BF which I know is total crap. I weighed in this AM and now it says 142lbs, 17.2%BF. Sure, I gained 1% BF overnight. :bsflag:Not bloody likely!

So I don't know what to do to measure my BF and weight since this darn thing can't be trusted. How do I get a reliable reading so that I know what progress I'm making during the cut? ARGHH!! :triggerha

Comment

• RaptorMkII

Does your brother know how to measure BF% with calipers? thats probably the best way apart from a water tank

Comment

• nikhi19

I'm not sure if he does or not....but I'll have to ask him. If only there was a tank that I could get to during the week! The nearest one is in Santa Monica, but they charge an arm and a leg and aren't open on weekends. Blah.

Comment

• Squatch

Have a trainer at your gym do a caliper test weekly. Try using someone who knows the proper way, and have them use the 7 site method. It's a better representative sample than three or five.

Comment

• nikhi19

Thursday, October 4th, 2007-BACK/CALVES/ CARDIO AM
            30min Cardio Jog in AM

PM:
            10min treadmill warmup

Cable Row
            1 x 15 x 90 warm up set
            3 x 8 x 120
            Low Back Extension
            3 x 15 x 245
            Lat Pull Down
            1 x 12 x 105
            2 x 10 x 110 (I increased here…woot!)
            Iso Lateral Low Row
            3 x 10 x 55 (each arm individually)
            Seated Calf Press
            2 x 20 x 360
            1 x 15 x 360
            1 x 25 x 270
            Soleus Raises
            1 x 12 x 100
            2 x 10 x 110
            Standing Calves
            3 x 12 x 185

I’m feeling tired today and dragging ass. I feel motivated and yet I fluctuate between feeling like I’m shrinking into a waif and then being a cow and not losing any bodyfat. Oh the trials and tribulations of a Figures athlete!

Comment

• SarahPT
              AE Female Member
              • Sep 2007

Yes, that does sound like the typical trials and tribulations of competing in figure! You are very consistent. Good job!
              Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• nikhi19

Thanks Sarah!

I got over 8hrs of sleep last night and boy did I need it! I was so wiped yesterday. But I feel refreshed now and ready to hit shoulders tonight!

Comment

• nikhi19

Friday, October 5th, 2007- SHOULDERS
                  10min treadmill warmup

Shoulder Press Machine
                  1 x 15 x 30 warm up set (each arm)
                  3 x 10 x 50 (each arm)
                  DB Shoulder Press
                  3 x 8 x 35
                  IsoLateral Shoulder Press
                  3 x 10 x 70
                  Shrugs
                  3 x 12 x 230
                  Upright Cable Row
                  1 x 10 x 47.5
                  2 x 10 x 50
                  Reverse Flys
                  3 x 10 x 90

Got 8hrs of sleep last night, so I felt good tonight for my workout. Tomorrow is cardio only (no weights) with 2 sessions, one in the AM and one in the PM. Let’s rawk this!

Comment

• nikhi19

Saturday, October 6th, 2007-2 CARDIO SESSIONS

6:10a- 30min jog (504)
                    7:05p- 30min jog (503)
                    PLUS- walk to Target from Mazda & walk around Downtown LA

This was the last official day of my first week of cutting training/eating and I did it! Each day is a victory. Each hour is a victory. Each meal, each completed session is a victory. Each minute of cardio is a victory. Every baby step at a time is a step forward. Just keep going! Only 7 more weeks!

Sunday, October 7th, 2007- BICEPS/CALVES/ CARDIO

10min treadmill warmup

Bicep Curl Machine
                    1 x 12 x 90
                    3 x 8 x 105
                    Dirty 21s
                    3 x 21 x 40
                    Hammer Curls
                    3 x 10 x 25 (went down in weight here by 5lbs. Not happy about this)
                    1 x 15 x 20 (for burn)
                    Seated Horizontal Calf
                    3 x 20 x 360
                    1 x 25 x 270 (getting stronger)
                    Soleus Raises
                    3 x 12 x 120
                    Standing Calves
                    2 x 12 x 180
                    1 x 10 x 195

30min Elliptical Cardio

Comment

• nikhi19

Took 7wks out Progress Pics tonight. I weighed in at 138.8 today which is 3.2lbs of weight loss since I started cutting last week. Not too shabby!

I attached the photos to this post!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Yettamae

Looking good girl! Keep up the hard work! Congrats on surviving your first week of cutting. 7 more weeks to go! Eye of the Tiger!

Comment

• nikhi19

Originally posted by Yettamae
                          Looking good girl! Keep up the hard work! Congrats on surviving your first week of cutting. 7 more weeks to go! Eye of the Tiger!
                          Thanks Yetta! Did your quad cuts come in pretty quickly or did they show up last? I have a feeling mine are going to be the last thing to come in and it makes me sad.

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by nikhi19
                            Thanks Yetta! Did your quad cuts come in pretty quickly or did they show up last? I have a feeling mine are going to be the last thing to come in and it makes me sad.
                            The legs will be the last thing. Where you holding the most fat and water will be the last to come in. I started seeing my upper body and back, then abs, and legs last. The last 2-3 weeks I was holding alot of water in my legs, but they slowly went down closer to show time. I used a topical cream this time around, too opposed to my very first show. Which may have helped some. I did the prepration H cream thing 3 days out. You don't want to see the cuts in your quads too early, you might be too straited by the time you start peak week. For figure they wants some cuts, not total sepration. IFBB pro figure likes a more shredded look, opposed to NPC that wants you just a tad softer. If that makes any sense. It depends on the show some NPC shows all the girls are shredded and some are soft shows. You just have try and be right down the middle.

Comment

• ironmaidn

LOOKING GOOD GIRL! Right on target! You got a beautiful smile too that will win those judges over no doubt!:headbange

Comment

• nikhi19

Originally posted by Yettamae
                                The legs will be the last thing. Where you holding the most fat and water will be the last to come in. I started seeing my upper body and back, then abs, and legs last. The last 2-3 weeks I was holding alot of water in my legs, but they slowly went down closer to show time. I used a topical cream this time around, too opposed to my very first show. Which may have helped some. I did the prepration H cream thing 3 days out. You don't want to see the cuts in your quads too early, you might be too straited by the time you start peak week. For figure they wants some cuts, not total sepration. IFBB pro figure likes a more shredded look, opposed to NPC that wants you just a tad softer. If that makes any sense. It depends on the show some NPC shows all the girls are shredded and some are soft shows. You just have try and be right down the middle.
                                Thanks for the tip! I have lost about 2.5lbs since I began cutting and I can see a difference in my booty! I want to get ripped but I'm so afraid of getting too skinny and looking like a waif! Hopefully that won't happen, I'm taking so much freakin Glutamine it's retarded!

When all is said and done I want to spend a good 3-4 months packing my muscle back on. I like having my arms look ripped and big, but hopefully I will be able to stay lean (not as lean as I'm gonna be for the show, but lean enough) and still add that muscle.

7 more weeks! Woo Hoo!!

LOOKING GOOD GIRL! Right on target! You got a beautiful smile too that will win those judges over no doubt!:headbange
                                Thank you so much! I'm really getting excited! I'm almost done with my 1pc suit, the 2pc is all blinged out and I have my bling bracelet, ring and earrings. I'm ready to rock it!!

Comment

Working...