X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 01dragonslayer
    Banned
    • Apr 2018

Pushing Through Pain

Sometimes when I work a body part to hard sometimes I get serious pain in that muscle. I know that sometimes this could be growth happening in the muscle or an injury. I am wondering is it good to keep going even when you are feeling serious pain or should you just rest?

What do you guys normally do?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

It depends on how severe the pain is and if there swelling or not. I don't worry to much about soreness in the muscle, it's joint pain that gives me reason to back off a bit.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
      Banned
      • Apr 2018

Yea....thinking the same...thanks lifts.

Comment

• water43
        Vet
        • Mar 2010

if the pain is in lower back I just finish or try since I ll have trouble just standing and my my back will be screwed for wks
        the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• zillagraybeard
          VET
          • Apr 2019

Same here as far as joint pain goes. Damn getting old sucks!!

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Joint pain blows. Tendinitis sucks as well. I've taken some time off because of it. When carrying a fence post makes your arms feel like they're going to tear is a sign to heal. If you're hurting more than usual after a hard workout relax and don't push it. You're asking to get hurt.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
              • May 2019

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
              Sometimes when I work a body part to hard sometimes I get serious pain in that muscle. I know that sometimes this could be growth happening in the muscle or an injury. I am wondering is it good to keep going even when you are feeling serious pain or should you just rest?

What do you guys normally do?
              When is the pain happening? I presume you've been in the game long enough to distinguish between DOM's and something else, right? If it isn't just DOM's, you might have a strain, which if you try to push threw that you might end up tearing a muscle. Anything that is NOT DOM's, back off dude or you're inviting trouble. Same goes with joint pain - if it hurts, back dafuq off.

Myself, I never train a bodypart if I have DOM's in said muscle. I might hit a couple very light, high rep flushing sets to help move out the lactic acid for quicker recovery, but nothing beyond that.. Stay safe amigo.

p.s - I've always adhered to the motto "No pain, no gain". BUT, that is a good pain, as in the muscle burning usually which occurs from higher rep sets, or long contraction holds. Learn to separate this from more serious issues.
              Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...