X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeHammer
    Vet
    • Oct 2011

PCT thaughts

here is a post i made on another board just trying to get some discussion going on PCT. Thaught it would be good to see what everyone here thinks aswell.

Here is what i like:

week 1: Aromasin 12.5mg/EOD, Nolvadex; 10mg/day, Formestane; 100mg/day
    week 2: Aromasin 12.5mg/E3D, Nolvadex; 10mg/day, Formestane; 0mg/day
    week 3: Aromasin 12.5mg/E3D, Nolvadex; 10mg/day, Formestane; 100mg/day
    week 4: Aromasin 12.5mg/E4D, Nolvadex; 10mg/day, Formestane; 0mg/day
    week 5: Aromasin 12.5mg/E4D, Nolvadex; 0mg/day, Formestane; 100mg/day
    week 6: Aromasin 12.5mg/E5D, Nolvadex; 0mg/day, Formestane; 0mg/day

Reasoning: Like Haz said the main thing we have to deal with is estrogen: and what better way to deal with it then stoping its formation at the Aromataze enzyme (AE). Aromasin is a steroidal Aromataze Inhibitor (AI) that binds to the AE blocking testosterone from doing so. This means that testosterone cannot be turned into Estrogen by that enzyme. Aromasin is also knows an a suicidal AI- because unlike Arimidex it stays attached to the AE untill it dies. Essentially every AE aromasin binds to is completely useless and no estrogen will be formed from that spot UNTILL the body produces more AE- a period af about 4-6 days from what i have read.

The dosing schedual is more frequent at the begining of PCT because it is to be understood that it is at this early stage the level of estrogen will be highest- especially if arimidex has been used as ON cycle AI. Arimidex is not suicidal in nature and will unbind from the AE after a certain period of time. (i do not know what that time is). This means that after discontinuing use of Arimidex there is a good chance of an estrogen rebound from all the AE's that are now free and because there will likely be alot of synthetic testosterone still floating around (in the case of long esters- not so much short). The Dosage of Aromasin is based on studies that have shown 25mg/day to reduce estrogen upto 95% after 2 weeks of administration. This is much too suppressive so i deemed that half the dose at half (or less) the dosing frequency will do an outstanding job at reducing estrogen to a reasonable range (i do not have a number for this). The dosing schedual gets less and less frequent as PCT goes on to compensate for there being less and less synthetic testosterone still available for aromatization due to its Half-Life.

Another reaons i like aromasin for PCT is because when it is broken down by our bodies one or more of the metabolites formed are believed to have some small androgenic properties. A welcome addition to our own lacking androgens at this point. This is in addition to the fact that Aromasin lowers SHBG and increases IGF levels aswell. All things we could certainly use while our own testosterone slowly recovers. Aroamsin also will not negitavely impact cholesterol levels like non steoridal AI's do.

As a finaly point, because Aromasin is a type 1 Steroidal AI, when used in conjunction with nolvadex there appears to be little or no reduced effectiveness- like that is seen with arimidex and letrozole.There is also no cross-over tolerance experienced when switching between type 1 and type 2 AI's- perfect for switching from arimidex-aromasin when transitioning to PCT

I have included Nolvadex in the PCT MAINLY for its properties at increasing LH's (Leutenizing Hormone) sensitivity to LHRH (Leutenizing Hormone Releasing Hormone). This "upregulation" means for any given amount of LHRH the LH response will be greater and subsequently trigger a larger release of natural testosterone. 20mg has been shown to increase testosterone levels 150%, i chose half that value because Nolvadex is also very liver toxic, and given the effectiveness of Aromasin for restoring natural testosterone the sides outweigh the benifits at anything more then 10mg/day.

On a side note Nolvadex is especially important when HCG has been used either ON cycle or for a blast prior to PCT. As HCG mimicks LH's action in the body, when use is discontinued LH exhibits a weaker response to LHRH. Nolvadex increases this response. If HCG was used ON cycle the PCT protocol i listed would be fine. If HCG is blasted at the end Nolvadex should be started the same day as the first HCG dose and then continue into the PCT protocol (assuming HCG dosing begins 10days before the "full" PCT and lasts those 10 days eg. 1,000iu/day for 10 days) for example: After a test E cycle;

1 week after last pin: 1,000iu HCG/day for 10 days WITH Nolvadex 10mg/day
    Day after last HCG dose begin full PCT protocol as stated at top of page

Formestane is an awesome drug-and is the main ingredient in the drug Lentaron. Firstly it is a potent AI, Non suicidal in nature. Secondly it is very slightly anabolic/androgenic- forming 4hydroxytestosterone as a metabolite, not so much to supress HPTA but enough to help us maintain those gains we tried to so hard to make ON cycle. It also increases IGF 1 levels 26% and is shown to STIMULATE HPTA to a similar amount as a regular clomid dosing schedual. I have only included it at every other week because although it is shown to stimulate HPTA it does still form an anabolic/androgenic hormone in our bodies and that to me means we should go with the less is more approach for PCT. (I would use this product at a higher more frequent dose ON cycle though for sure!)

Thats about it for my views- One thaught i have had to to maintain a more frfequent dosing schedual (and thus blood plasma levels) of aromasin throughout PCT- such as 5mg/day for the duration. The Lower dose shuuld offset the more frequent administration and the more stabel blood plasma levels should allow a lower dose in general to be just as effecetive as opposed to a "burst" every other day or 3rd or 4th etc. This is not proven just a theory of mine.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I'm a straight clomid and nolvadex been working perfect for nearly three decades.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A.B
      VET
      • Jun 2004

Clomid and nova for me as well. Hcg during the cycle twice a week at 500iu and I recover winout any problem. Getting to that age tho where I maybe putting myself on TRT

Comment

• alluprbdy
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

I think most people overkill the pct, but to each there own. HCG and nolva for me. Works like a charm.
        R.I.P. MASSWITHCLASS
        R.I.P. INCREDIBLEHAWK

Comment

• RJH8541
          VET
          • Nov 2003

Best thing for recovery is TIME. SERMs are just a kickstart, each person will recover differently.

That being said, when i was doing PCT, Toremifene was the best IMO. I typically didn't add an AI, but if i did, Aromasin would be the only choice as its suicidal and won't give you a rebound like Adex or Letro.

And HCG blast is also suggested before starting SERMS especially with longer cycles.
          drVJ is hot

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Originally posted by RJH8541
            Best thing for recovery is TIME. SERMs are just a kickstart, each person will recover differently.

That being said, when i was doing PCT, Toremifene was the best IMO. I typically didn't add an AI, but if i did, Aromasin would be the only choice as its suicidal and won't give you a rebound like Adex or Letro.

And HCG blast is also suggested before starting SERMS especially with longer cycles.
            A refreshing post. Someone has been enlightened that there are new generation SERMS such as toremifene that should in all cases replace tamoxifen. Tamoxifene has a laundry list of reasons NOT to take it.

For PCT, I suggest starting with HCG, and using clomid (and maybe Toremifene) with a low dose AI.

Clomid is a stronger estrogen antagonist in the hypothalamus, hence it is the only SERM routinely prescriibed off label for hypogonadism.

the "S" im SERM stands for "selective" as most of you probably know. This basically means that these compounds act AS estrogen in some tissue, while BLOCKING the effects of estro in others. They are not all created equal. Tamoxifene and Toremifene have actions primarily in the breast tissue.

Comment

• -JP-

legit HCG(harder to come by these days) always worked best for me. Both methods during and after have worked however small doses during cyc is better in my opinion. Counterproductive post cyc because of further inhibition of the HPTA .

Comment

• Glycomann

Clomid and nolva on my side too. There are three 8s of recovery. first 8 weeks suck, second 8 weeks are better, third 8 weeks starting to feel human again and can make some natural gains. if all goes well by the end of second 8 weeks your T is in normal range.

Comment

Working...