Skulls log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt76
    • May 2007

good looking workout. Better bump up the weight for that set of 20. That way you don't have to do anything after your squats But i'm a huge fan of 1-2exercise workouts

Comment

• skullsmasher

Originally posted by Matt76
      good looking workout. Better bump up the weight for that set of 20. That way you don't have to do anything after your squats But i'm a huge fan of 1-2exercise workouts

Eh, it was OK thanks man. Ill bump the weight when my weak ass can handle it. What do you think of 5 sets of squats, then maybe 1-2 sets of the others? I dunno, as long as I keep lifting and keeping track I suppose. I am just so injury ridden and accident prone right now, its almost depressing.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Ill be goin to the doctor for my shoulder, back and knee sometime now that I have insurance, god I cant wait to take care of these obstacles.

Comment

• irongirl

Just be careful you don't hurt yourself further, whatever you do!!

I hate 20 rep squats!!!! They're brutal.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Originally posted by irongirl
            Just be careful you don't hurt yourself further, whatever you do!!

I hate 20 rep squats!!!! They're brutal.

I try, thats why my WOs are so light now. I just hate not lifting though. If I dont lift, or do somekind of activity I feel like a panzy.

Comment

• TomSizeMore

20 rep squats are all I grow on. Anything lower and I just get leaner legs.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Fri

My back was tweakde when I woke up, due to the position I was in while sleeping i guess. Doesnt help that my girl, my kid and me all sleep in a full ( Im not sure but the thing is small). Took some ibuprofen and iced it. Felt like it'd be alright.

Warmup
                stretch
                laterals 5x25, 25, 20

DB BP
                20eax20
                30eax16, 12, 8

Pulldowns
                80x18, 90x10, 8

Upright rows
                65x8, 6, 45x12

DB Shouler press
                20eax16, 14, 12

Shrugs
                30eax18, 17, 14

BB curls
                65x15, 12, 8

Tri PDs
                50x15, 60x10, 8

BB wrist curls
                65x18, 14, 12

Comment

• mpresiv

Your workout looks similar to what dorian yates use to do. Are those one set for every exercise??

Comment

• skullsmasher

well you might say so, my rest periods differ so one might call them rest-pauses or something. I personally dont like long rest periods ie more than 2 minutes at the most.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Gotta write down my logbook entries.

I have been in a lot more pain than usual from this shoulder of mine. I ordered a whole roll of the green and grey thera-bands. hopefully I will get em soon. I liked using the bands when i cant lift and to warm up. they also seemed to be helping, until they broke.

I have appts to see a chiro (Back isnt my main concern but, might as well check it out with my new ins) and an ortho in the next coupple weeks. I hope to god I can get back to being able to lift like I used to.
                      I got a new log that I write everything down in. 225 pages, every page can hold probly 4 days worth of lifting info, my goal is to use all of the pages.

Comment

• Q-BaLL
                        VET
                        • Apr 2004

how did ya hurt your shoulder?

Comment

• skullsmasher

I have dislocated my right shoulder 6 times, last of which was 3 years ago. I seem to have an impingement/Bursitis in my left now and it is giving me more problems then my right by far.

I dont know when exactly I hurt em, maybe in a car accident, maybe from doing behind the neck shoulder presses/flat barbell benching too heavy.

Comment

• skullsmasher

I also had a compressed disc in L-4/L-5 which rarely gives me problems.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Ive been stickin to the saem routine, jus lgihter weight. tryin to be as careful as possible with my shoulder. Thses thera-bands are great! I have an increaed ROM and less pain when lifting, which I am assuming is because I have been warming up with rotator cuff exercises and doin like 3-8 sets with these almost every day. When I do em it makes my shoulder feel much better for some reason. I can feel it in the joint as opposed to the delts. I can feel em gettin worked and it feels really good. I will definately keep using these. I have also just stuck to DBs with whatever ROM feels good. I have been almost abel to go back to a full ROM sometimes.

Went to one chiropractor who was a friggin joke, he said I nee dto drink more green tea and take 2g vit c............TO FIX MY BACK!!??? They might help to an extent but, I didnt buy it. So I talked to a few other people on other boards and found a chiro that does more hands on type wor. I have an appt with him tomorrow. also have a appt for a ortho on the 7th to evaluate my shoulder(s)

Comment

• irongirl

I hear ya about the shoulder problem. I am dealing with an impingement right now and it has me fucked. I can't lift. It causes a lot of pain at times and is just dowright ANNOYING. I am having physio and massage. Good luck with it!

Comment

Working...