irongirl's off season journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpresiv

Congrats on the interview. How is your leg training going??

Comment

• irongirl

Congrats on the interview. How is your leg training going??
      Thanks. You'll be getting a PM tomorrow

Hmmmm....the article is too big to post. Any suggestions as to what I can do so you guys can see it?

Comment

• goes4ever
        • Sep 2004

well I assummed you scanned it, can you break it up into a couple images to reduce size?

Comment

• irongirl

well I assummed you scanned it, can you break it up into a couple images to reduce size?
          Well, I'm pretty much computer illiterate...I'll see what I can figure out.

Comment

• goes4ever
            • Sep 2004

I have faith in ya

Comment

• irongirl

I have faith in ya
              lol..you do, don't you!! You're a doll.

Comment

• PTAaron

Awesome! You're famous

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

wow nice! you should have mentioned this board and said my biggest fan Goes4ever is there!.....lol

thanx for posting it

Comment

• irongirl

wow nice! you should have mentioned this board and said my biggest fan Goes4ever is there!.....lol

thanx for posting it
                    lol....I could have mentioned a ton of things!! But I only got a little space You know I love this place, AND my biggest fan

Comment

• mpresiv

very nice article!!!

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks mpresiv!! The same day that article came out, my interview on the local channel was on- famous for a day...LMAO...anyway, it was good I have to say I wasn't nervous at all and I didn't trip up all over my words! Anyway, they are going to do a couple more interviews to follow my progress leading up to the next show. Cool or what?! I think it's great that they are giving me the opportunity to promote BB, cause it's badly needed here, and to give myself some exposure. That certainly will help when I go to look for some sponsors.

Anyway, I am officially back to normal!! I had retained an incredible amount of water. My feet were unrecognizable- I was just round and puffy all over, ,and felt miserable. So last night was my first day doing anything at the gym since the 28th.

Cardio in the am x 40 minutes on elliptical. 5 min frontwards at level 12, 5 backward at level 10...I alternate like that for the whole time.

Trained after work....

Flat DB bench....45 x 7/4/2

Shoulder press machine....100 x 7/4/2 (apparently the machine itself is 30 lbs already- do you guys include that in your numbers? Or just the weight added?)

Flat bench skullcrushers....60 x 10/ 40 x 10 (Been a looong time since I've did these)

Reverse grip pulldowns....105 x 9/6/4

Rack Deads....200 x 8/5

With deads, I always use straps. My grip ALWAYS gives out, big time, before I do. Last night I never had my straps and my grip did NOT give out. So, is it possible that the straps have something to do with it?

Starting next workout, I'll post properly....last time/this time numbers so you can see my progress.

I was late getting off work, so I didn't have time for the stretching.

I pissed off one of the guys at the gym..LMAO..first I watched his partner do something on the Smith machine...coulda been a shrug or an upright row, but whatever it was he was crucifying it. So, he's the type that doesn't mind at all if I tell him stuff, so I went over and fixed him up. Well, his partner didn't really like that. He didn't say anything to me, but he made comments that I heard, and they were directed toward me. "We're not BB's, just here to have fun" and several other things. I didn't give a fuck. Then later we were chatting, and he said he watched me do flat DB's and said to himself "if she goes up one more level, I want to be the first one to get a smack in"...WTF? ... LMAO...I took it as a compliment for the most part, but, think this guy got a problem with strong women in the gym?? What a fucking asshole!! Imagine if I was really strong- I'm not a beast by no stretch. I can't fucking wait until I'm up to the 50's....I'm making sure he's right next to me.

Sorry for the rant

Comment

• goes4ever
                          • Sep 2004

wow! what a post!........you are a strong woman no doubt, do not let those assholes give you any grief. I am proud of you, keep pumping girl

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks g4e- I love you

Cardio tonight- 20 min elliptical- same as before. At an incline of 20 btw. Then 15 min on stepper, Level 6.

Ab work

Comment

• PTAaron

Nice workout IG!
                              It sounds like the guy was just jealous... don't worry about it, not worth the effort I would definitely take it as a compliment!

Comment

• irongirl

Nice workout IG!
                                It sounds like the guy was just jealous... don't worry about it, not worth the effort I would definitely take it as a compliment!
                                Thank Aaron. Yeah, no doubt he's jealous, but it just blew me away at how pissed he was about it!! He told me a story then about being in a gym in another town, and he was doing an exercise when a woman came in sat next to him and started doing the same thing with more weight. He dropped his DB's and left...LMFAO...what a god damn idiot!!

Anyway.....cardio this mornign. 30 minutes on elliptical- same routine. Will train later this evening before I go to work.

It's unbelievable the difference in me over the past couple days. All the excess water is gone and I actually look good again. And I feel 110% better. I can't wait to weigh myself at work tonight and see what the difference is.

Comment

Working...