X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SarahPT
    AE Female Member
    • Sep 2007

9/30

I posted in the endurance section, but I'll post here too. I did my last hard run before my race. 13 miles. It wasn't a fast run, but I pushed a bit towards the end because I can't help it! Finished in 2:08:28. I was pleased with that. My pace was pretty even the whole time and the weather was perfect.

All I've got the rest of the week is 2 easy 3 milers. Otherwise just resting.
    Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• SarahPT
      AE Female Member
      • Sep 2007

10/2

Just did an easy 3 miler. It can be hard to actually go really easy. But I did. I always want to just sprint the end!!

Bill comes back from Alaska tomorrow. I have to pick him up at the bus station sometime in the afternoon.

Gotta get some caffeine in me now or else I'll take an inadvetent nap.
      Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

Comment

• KitKat

Originally posted by SarahPT
        10/2

Just did an easy 3 miler. It can be hard to actually go really easy. But I did. I always want to just sprint the end!!
        It can be VERY difficult. Nice job holding back

Comment

• SarahPT
          AE Female Member
          • Sep 2007

Thanks Kat.

Ugh, I wanted a nice relaxing week before race time but oooooohhh no. There had to be a big emergency that I'm not going to get in to. Yesterday was hell-stess day.

This morning I have a physical, then I have a couple new clients coming, so I have to make the gym all perfect. I've got to get my last run in as well.

I did find another half marathon I want to do. It's in February. Actually, I registered yesterday. So I'm going to change my training schedule just a bit. I'll do that later and post it.

Comment

• SarahPT
            AE Female Member
            • Sep 2007

10/4

Did my last run--3 miles real easy. Man was it unbelievably hot!

Here's my new schedule:

-Half marathon this Sunday
            -Next week mostly rest, run a 5k Sunday just for fun
            -Start mass building-ish the following week. It will be lift 3 days a week, run 3 days a week.
            -Stop that around the first week of December. Running will increase to 5 days a week (slowly increase though) and lifting will be cut back to 1-2 days a week
            -10 miler on Feb 10
            -Half marathon on Feb 24, at which time I will be running in the 30 and over category!

Comment

• TheWICKED

all this cardio is giving me a headache... :eviltongu

Comment

• KitKat

Nice goal plan!

Comment

• SarahPT
                  AE Female Member
                  • Sep 2007

Ryan, I'm sure the headache is because you know you can't keep up with meeeee!!

Thanks Kat! I'm pretty happy with my plan.

Ok, next 2 days I have to actually try to take it easySomething I don't do well. Sit still? What is that?

I have to get up at 4am Sunday. That's inhumane! So I started getting up earlier today to get used to it. I'm going to have to go to bed rediculously early Saturday.

Comment

• TheWICKED

Ryan, I'm sure the headache is because you know you can't keep up with meeeee!!

Thanks Kat! I'm pretty happy with my plan.

Ok, next 2 days I have to actually try to take it easySomething I don't do well. Sit still? What is that?

I have to get up at 4am Sunday. That's inhumane! So I started getting up earlier today to get used to it. I'm going to have to go to bed rediculously early Saturday.

Are we still talking about cardio!? :eviltongu :hahaha:

Comment

• SarahPT
                      AE Female Member
                      • Sep 2007

Yeah somehow I KNEW you would say that!

So I feel likie shit today. Tired and achy and like I got hit by a truck. Great, 14 hours til race time and I feel like complete crap. I may have messed up taking my meds last night and taken and extra pill. That would make me feel really tired, but I would think it would have worn off by now. Ugh, I had better feel fine in the morning!!!!

Going to make a big pot of brown rice pasta and go to bed nice and early...like 7pm lol.

Comment

• ironmaidn

10/4

Did my last run--3 miles real easy. Man was it unbelievably hot!

Here's my new schedule:

-Half marathon this Sunday
                        -Next week mostly rest, run a 5k Sunday just for fun
                        -Start mass building-ish the following week. It will be lift 3 days a week, run 3 days a week.
                        -Stop that around the first week of December. Running will increase to 5 days a week (slowly increase though) and lifting will be cut back to 1-2 days a week
                        -10 miler on Feb 10
                        -Half marathon on Feb 24, at which time I will be running in the 30 and over category!
                        HALF MARATHON DAY TOMORROW! :headbange WOW! Please let us know how you do and post some pics. Good luck, but I doubt you will need it!

Comment

• SarahPT
                          AE Female Member
                          • Sep 2007

Thanks girly!!

For anyone who didn't see my race report it's in the endurance training section along with a bunch of pics.

I am so sore today. Oof! I had the biggest ice cream ever yesterday. So good. Today and tomorrow will be total rest days. I may do some light yoga Wednesday and try a run on Thursday. Weights start up next week!

Comment

• SarahPT
                            AE Female Member
                            • Sep 2007

I think yesterday was actually the laziest day I have had all year. I was just sore and tired and it was rainy out...I did cacth up on some stuff on the computer, but that was about it.

Today I have to get my butt moving. I'll go out and distribute some more newsletters, and I also have 2 new clients to do assessments on. And...clean the gym, train a couple other people I think? Better check my schedule.

Thank goodness I'm less sore today. My legs are still feeling it from the race though. I had a drink before bed last night and slept like a log.

Comment

• SarahPT
                              AE Female Member
                              • Sep 2007

10/12

This morning I did a 3 mile easy run. I had energy and wanted to fly, but I held back a bit. I did the first 2 miles easy and cranked it up on the last one. I'still planning to do a 5k in the morning. Yeehaw!!! Then Sunday I start weight training again...

Comment

• laurie

sometimes rest is needed and u come back stronger. its ok to take a break now and then hun.

Comment

Working...