Clear All
  • bufbiker

Deads and shoulders today.
    Dead Lift - 405x15, 585x10, 760x1, 770x1, 775x1
    Standing Military Press - 405x3, 405x2, 455x1
    Bent Over Rows - 405x8, 405x8, 405x8

Comment

• bufbiker

I hurt all over this morning. I wanted to call in sick to work but forced myself to get up.
      Old age ain't for sissies!

Comment

• bufbiker

Worked arms. Pretty much vanity more than any benefit.

Comment

• bufbiker

2 weeks out now. Squat training today. Debating as to whether I shoud go max or just get a few reps in.

Comment

• bufbiker

Trained squats today.
            Squats - several warm-up sets, 585x10, 675x5, 765x1, 775x1, 780x1
            Then did some calf raises.
            Home eating now then a little nap and I'll be ready to go for a few more hours before I drop.

Comment

• bufbiker

Less than two weeks out.
              Trained bench this afternoon.
              Flat - warm-ups, 525x1, 555x2 (not legal power reps, but clean and controlled), 555x1 (legal rep)
              Incline - 405x10, 445x8, Stopped here due to left shoulder feeling off.

Hired a trainer/coach/spotter a couple of weeks ago. Should have done this a while back. Just the thought that someone is there if I have problems gives me more confodence.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by ozzy69
                your lifts are freaking insane for someone your age--you have a solid 20 years on me and cant lift that--i think i have a new hero to look up to here
                Shit those lifts are sick for any age - raw at that. I'm betting at 5'7 and 280, he only has to bend his arms about 2 inches for the bar to touch his chest on bench.lol

Comment

• bufbiker

3". I actually use a much more narrow grip than your average power lifter. For some reason I have more strength a bit closer in.

Comment

• Jumperz
                    Vet
                    • Sep 2011

I your spotter comfortable doing this for you? I guess you didn't choose any old personal trainer hey? Does he hand out any advice to you? By the sounds of it e should be paying you!

Comment

• bufbiker

He watches my form, yells out lift after the bar has been on my chest long enough for flat bench. That really threw me off at my last comp. Having someone yell lift.
                      He also keeps me honest on my squats making sure my butt gets below my knees.
                      The bro is not a personal trainer but he is a world class power lifter in the 220lb class from my area. He has held a few record lifts in the past for his weight class.

Trained shoulders today but only did 5 sets of 10 reps at 405lbs then stopped due to back pain. I think I might have strained my back slightly yesterday doing flat bench.

Comment

• bufbiker

7 days out and I've got the flu!
                        High fever, coughing, sneezing, stripped throat, runny nose, coughing brown crap up.
                        If I don't get better in time I may be out my entry fee.
                        I am so bummed.
                        We'll have to see how the week goes before I decide what to do.

Comment

• hay bailer
                          VET
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by bufbiker
                          7 days out and I've got the flu!
                          High fever, coughing, sneezing, stripped throat, runny nose, coughing brown crap up.
                          If I don't get better in time I may be out my entry fee.
                          I am so bummed.
                          We'll have to see how the week goes before I decide what to do.
                          damn it man i hope you feel better in time for the meet just take it easy for a couple days to let your body heal.

Comment

• bufbiker

I went to work this morning. Puked in the bosses garbage can and was forced to go to the Dr or get fired (in a nice way).
                            I've got pneumonia. So the comp is out. I'm bummed big time and out several hundred bucks I paid to my bud to help me train.
                            I told him not to worry about a refund because a promise is a promise and he needs the money more than I do.
                            At least now I've got some antibiotics.
                            Dr looked at my chest x-rays and said if I was anyone else he would admit me to the hospital but since I never do what he wants me to he gave me a few shots, some prescriptions and sent me home to die! (His words not mine).
                            But I'm pretty sure I'll make it this time!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Bump!

WTF ever happened to this guy?

Back then he was the age I am now, benching over 500 RAW, pulling 700, db curls with 85's! I might as well take up croquet or sewing.

One strong ol' bastud - too bad he ain't still around.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                                • Oct 2017

Ooooohhhh! This was the one you were talking about. I think I've got another one in here for the Pan Am meet at the Red Lion in
                                Denver a year before or after this one. Yeah, this was a freaking ball buster. I put the work in, paid the dues.Then the freaking flu hit me and turned to pneumonia. Probably pushing myself like that caught up to me. At least I made the meet first.
                                Age happened brother. I had to decide if I would rather be able to stand up straight and walk for the rest of my life, or if I would be content in a wheel chair. Ozzy was instrumental in helping me think it all through. The hormones had my brain all foggy and froggy.
                                I think I could still hit over 500 on the bench, but my lower back hurts if I go much over 405 any more, which is still more than 90% of the young guys I see at the gym.
                                But I'm a freaking senior citizen, and grandpa. And I've got lots of women to keep happy! Yeah, I'd forgotten completely about this one.
                                Thanks for digging it up DP.
                                Last edited by Roughrydr; 03-04-2019, 08:05 AM.
                                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...