Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
jrod

jrod will become famous soon enough
Hair loss

My wife tells me I have more than the usual amount of hair loss. Has anyone tried minoxidil? What results?
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Yeah it’s good but you gotta commit for life. It’s slowed mine down. Not bald but receding hairline
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Hell just roll with it. I have a full head of hair and now bald is cool. That is messed up.

Personally I think it looks a lot worse when a guy tries to make a go off poor looking thin hair that going with the shaved look.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #4
Thate
Vet

Thate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
now bald is cool..
it's not for everyone but there is plenty of pussy to be had with a shaved head
Thate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #5
jrod

I’d have to shave it to see how it looks. I guess if I can see through my hair and see the scalp, it’s probably time. Just not there yet.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:56 AM   #6
gotgame
Vet

gotgame is a jewel in the roughgotgame is a jewel in the roughgotgame is a jewel in the roughgotgame is a jewel in the rough
I was norwood 3 by about age 25. Started actively trying to beat hairloss at around age 31. Now in my late 30's im norwood 1.5 and no longer appear to be thinning. i was losing a ton of hair daily before.

I take an overkill approach but with hairloss sometimes you have to.

I use the following with very good success

minox 30%/retin-a, finasteride, progesterone, topical steroid mix as a compounded cream nightly.

minox 10% ( tugain) on days when i work from home in the morning

Compounded dutasteride roll on topical liquid I use on vertex and top of head about 3x a week.

Oral dutasteride..ehh... maybe 1 cap every week sometime every two weeks.

Nizoral 2% shampoo 3x a week

once a week straight 0.1% retin A on hairline in front. No minox combo that night.

I started noticing results within a month where basically my hairloss just stopped and itchy scalp stopped. Took about 4-5 months to start noticing some results and a year to go to a norwood 2ish. Been improving a little bit every year and not losing any more hair but i still wanted a bit of a better hairline so had a hair transplant just to refine the frontal hairline and thus now its a norwood 1.5 ( 2 before the transplant) and looks better then when i was 20

Last edited by gotgame; 07-10-2019 at 01:02 AM..
gotgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #7
theprince
Banned

theprince is on a distinguished road
Ahh its always the itchy scalp that is commonly associated with massive shedding/hair loss. Hint hint what does this tell you guys?

There's a biological change in the body not completely related to DHT that causes the hair to fall out. Or first shrink the follicles and it is a misconception that DHT is the primary follicle shrinking agent when there are plenty of other non hormonal things that can cause this

gotgame: pretty solid protocol, I like the minodoxil and Nizoral 2% those worked for me along with Regenepure DR. The KEY with the Nizoral is to first acquire the 2% which is script only. Fucking bullshit but whatever.

Next is to rub massage and almost scratch that shit into your scalp and let it SIT for a minimum of 5 minutes and ideally 10 minutes, 3x weekly. The key is letting it sit. Also taking magnesium will help with any hair loss issue and with this you're off to a good start.
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #8
jrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprince View Post
Ahh its always the itchy scalp that is commonly associated with massive shedding/hair loss. Hint hint what does this tell you guys?

There's a biological change in the body not completely related to DHT that causes the hair to fall out. Or first shrink the follicles and it is a misconception that DHT is the primary follicle shrinking agent when there are plenty of other non hormonal things that can cause this

gotgame: pretty solid protocol, I like the minodoxil and Nizoral 2% those worked for me along with Regenepure DR. The KEY with the Nizoral is to first acquire the 2% which is script only. Fucking bullshit but whatever.

Next is to rub massage and almost scratch that shit into your scalp and let it SIT for a minimum of 5 minutes and ideally 10 minutes, 3x weekly. The key is letting it sit. Also taking magnesium will help with any hair loss issue and with this you're off to a good start.
The nizoral from the store isn’t effective? Does a pcp prescribe that?
Old 07-17-2019, 10:52 PM   #9
gotgame
Vet

gotgame is a jewel in the roughgotgame is a jewel in the roughgotgame is a jewel in the roughgotgame is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by warreng View Post
Where do you get topical dutasteride? Oral finasteride and dutasteride scare the heck out of me. But I'd do a topical preparation. Also, where do you find nizoral 2%? I used to get it from this one site a long time ago but it's hard to find anymore.
i contacted a local compounding pharmacy and told them how i wanted it dissolved. I get nizoral from walgreens with a script. The dutasteride also requires a script.

When i was taking oral duta daily it hit my libido quite a bit. Topical minimally decreases it but shedding has stopped. Some may say ohhh its over 500 daltons or whatever...500 isnt set in stone...some molecules will still pass and maybe thats even better so they get trapped near depth of hair follicles rather then simply traversing into blood stream.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #10
gotgame
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
The nizoral from the store isn’t effective? Does a pcp prescribe that?
2% is much better from the studies ive seen. 2% alone seems to improve hair quality even in non dht sensitive hairs.