The how to get motivated AKA the cheerleader thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

The how to get motivated AKA the cheerleader thread.

Chooch's thread "motivated" me to start a new thread to combat that dreaded plague that can get us all from time to time..... burn out or just lack of motivation.

I wanted EVERYONE to chime in and motivate each other. Tell us how you motivate yourself and tell us what to do on the thread to motivate each other.

Personally for me getting back on a board was probably the single best asset to keep me motivated after the first few months of self motivation to get back to the iron. It has been about a 2 1/2 year return to the lifestyle for me after a long layoff or intermittent training.

This board is a huge asset as a motivation tool if we just use it. Take time out from your busy life for yourself. Take time to check in on the board at least two times a day and instead of just a check to see if there is a new post, look up the old threads. View the vids, look at the members pix. Spend a 15 to 20 minute stretch and you are surely going to get some motivation rubbed off on you.

Come on Brothers, step up. Get Chooch and Beef fired up along with everyone else that hits this thread. You will be graded on this.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

My motivation is to stay as physically fit as possible as I get older.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
      Banned
      • Apr 2018

My motivation is seeing results.

Comment

• reps
        Vet
        • Oct 2007

Strength speed power for as long as I can. Live longer

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

Mine will return once the BS calms down. For me it's all mental. My brain function is at max capacity with other crap if that makes sense. If I can't focus it's not worth doing. I don't half ass anything. It's either all or nothing. So a few months isn't the worst thing but once I can free up some mental space I'm full throttle.

My motivation is usually all vanity so i can't say it's the best sounding but it's a damn good motivator when you look in the mirror.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

I just love it. No motivation needed. I love the burn, the pain, the pump, seeing a muscle better developed than last month. The iron is in my blood.
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Roughrydr
              • Oct 2017

You're all a bunch of girlie men pussies. Get your panties out of a wad, strap up like a man and get your pencil necked, twig armed, chicken legged lazy ass off the couch, throw away the potatoes chips, you can DVR oprah you pussy, and get to the gym like a real freaking man. And if that doesnt work, think about all the twenty something guys your old lady works with, who are checking out her rack and her ass, telling her how hot she is while you lay on the couch eating pretzel crumbs out of your belly button. Bunch of effen snowflakes afraid to freaking sweat. You disgust me. What's more you disgust yourself. Get off your ass and into the gym dumbass.
              Last edited by Roughrydr; 08-08-2019, 06:16 AM.
              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

How was that for motivation? Personally the females half naked is enough motivation for me. I love my little cheering section when at the gym. Ooo you're so strong. You're so big. Is everything that big? Lol. I live the gym.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                  You're all a bunch of girlie men pussies. Get your panties out of a wad, strap up like a man and get your pencil necked, twig armed, chicken legged lazy ass off the couch, throw away the potatoes chips, you can DVR oprah you pussy, and get to the gym like a real freaking man. And if that doesnt work, think about all the twenty something guys your old lady works with, who are checking out her rack and her ass, telling her how hot she is while you lay on the couch eating pretzel crumbs out of your belly button. Bunch of effen snowflakes afraid to freaking sweat. You disgust me. What's more you disgust yourself. Get off your ass and into the gym dumbass.
                  Love it.

Comment

• reps
                    Vet
                    • Oct 2007

Fucking epic! Lmao

Comment

• Dakota
                      VET
                      • Feb 2017

Funny one!

Never get burn out Ruff?
                      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                        • Oct 2017

I bust my ass at work almost every day. So obviously at my age there are days I just dont have anything left in the tank. So instead of pushing myself to the point of burn out I'll skip a day. I've been lifting weights since I was 12. My dad was a football coach so he would drag me to the weight room. That's 51 years. But I've bee training hard core since '84. That's 35 years. My body is so well developed at this stage in life a day or two here and there wont kill me and helps me not get burnt out.
                        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Glycomann

It's like Sargent Slaughter just arrived.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

Just Slaughter. I never got to sergeant of arms. Lol
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...