Best things about training after 40...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by bufbiker
    I've found at 59, soon to be sixty, if you've trained for forty plus years your diet can suck but with the right combo of peds you're going to gain anyway.
    Come on now, YOU know gear doesn't mean shit to making gains and it's ALL about diet & nutrition mang! Hell I can put on 2lbs ew of mostly muscle for 20 weeks when eating right, with little or no peds at all.

I know, I know - but couldn't resist! I'm just an old sorry prick with a good memory, just slap me silly boss haha!

Comment

• bufbiker

I don't disagree with that except the peds are mandatory for those and even greater gains, depending on your body type. But CG was talking about being in contest shape. For me contest shape is something like the Michelin man. Also the 35-40 lbs was not all quality that a body builder wants. We both know that.
      And besides my balls are sore already from this tren, mast, prop, win I've been on for nine days now. So don't bust them too hard. I want to lean out like you are, just shorter.

Comment

• clutchitalian
        • Sep 2011

lmao the michelin man!!!!!

Comment

• bufbiker

That's what my wife said I looked like at 270. I just looked at it as a shorter distance to push the weight between my belly and full extension.

Comment

• clutchitalian
            • Sep 2011

lmfao fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• mrhtbd
              • Apr 2015

Michelin

Comment

• MindlessWork
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                Michelin Man, ha! Lately I've become a Dunlop. With recouping my broken leg since February, my extra food has Don-lopped over my belt! Jeesh, there went the 34 waist. Bad time of year for that!
                Don't fret, you'll be rarin to get back into the gym soon enough

Getting old sucks but doesn't mean not being able to enjoy the things we do
                “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• mrhtbd
                  • Apr 2015

One

Comment

• ketsugo
                    Vet
                    • Apr 2016

I been training diligent since I was child. 8-12 hours daily of marital art type since age 5, then age 12 I added weights, from age 12-30+ I trained completely Natty. Then for past 20 somewhat years I began AAS and HGH- I think I am healthier not sicker for it. AAS and Weights to enchance my health and delay aging. I got all my hair, washboard, 29 inch waiste I weigh 215 with 6 % BF just measured, Im stonger now then pre- spine reconstruction and youth ( pre 95) I couldnt do bent rows with 455 plus then - now I rep , tie 100 plate to do wide grip chins, I have to go to gym with 200 lb dumbells or doing rows or presses are wasted. My only complaint is my hair is gray and no matter how many years straight I do HGH it dont work on that LOL.Im single no kids and never date chicks over 30 - So Im good LOL
                    What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
                    Confucius
                    Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

Comment

• MindlessWork
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                      One thing I noticed is my shape hasn't changed much. Years of volume work have served me well.
                      At least you'll be a Goodyear

Keep lifting and don't ever sweat the small stuff!
                      “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Rebel Yell
                        Vet
                        • Sep 2014

LOL I still get Alpha stare downs from 20-30 year old lil phuckers that want you to look at them because they feel they are in competition with you.
                        They have no idea I'm old enough to be their Dad and yet they throw down as if one of them snot noses.
                        I don't miss being young and stupid. I like knowing who I am, where I want to go and what I'm doing and still look young. Also I still get the winks form the waitresses. So to the gym I go.
                        I feel blessed.
                        Faith, Strength and Honor

Comment

• Augerdog
                          Vet
                          • Mar 2014

Military pressing more than 20 somethings are squating

Comment

• Acneman
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2016

i like being old enough to not work out because your shoulders are so fu**ed up that you cant even bench 100lbs and no one cares because you are old

Comment

Working...