Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-24-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up 1980 Mr O - contestants give their take

This is great stuff. Bodybuilding historian John Hansen interviews Roy Duval, Zane, Coe, Callender, Dickerson, Samir, Roger Walker and more about the contest. Nobody had Arnold even close to winning - most say 5th or 6th. One judge from Wales kept telling Arnold to hit the required mandatory pose correctly (side tricep shot instead of side bicep shot) or he would be disqualified. Arnold didn't listen, the judge told him he was disqualified and get off the stage. Arnold stayed put. The judge was fired and sent back to Wales. Very interesting stuff about the whole show, placings, argument with Mentzer, a cortisone shot Arnold took 1 month out due to RC issues that killed his shape, ABC video footage not broadcasted due to a booing crowd & controversy, and more - good stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqlFUq_QWI
Old 07-28-2020, 02:58 AM   #2
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really nice
I remember it and how controversial it was - Mentzer scores a perfect 300 but loses to Arnold - it never made sense

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Yeah complete BS. Good interview though. I’m halfway through it and it’s good to his take on it and the behind the scenes drama
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #4
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Been back at work and haven't had much time these last couple weeks but I would like to see the interview. I may get a chance in the next day or two. Personally, I think Arnold knew he was going to do it prior to the contest.
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
I remember it and how controversial it was - Mentzer scores a perfect 300 but loses to Arnold - it never made sense
Yeah but he scored that 300 in a previous contest - believe the Universe, not at the 80 O. Not justifying Arnie, just sayin'.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:53 PM   #6
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Is that the one where Mentzer was about to beat Arnold up?

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:19 AM   #7
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
Is that the one where Mentzer was about to beat Arnold up?
I've fallen asleep twice trying to watch it Being back at work is kicking my ass.

I did see enough that Mentzer was ready to scrap and started to or drew his hand back. It looked like Arnie was sitting down at the time.

I'm gonna give it a third shot here shortly
Old 08-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #8
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
https://youtu.be/OvdQRJdiWNk.

Ran across this doing laundry.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #9
HDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDH View Post
Been back at work and haven't had much time these last couple weeks but I would like to see the interview. I may get a chance in the next day or two. Personally, I think Arnold knew he was going to do it prior to the contest.
When I read Arnold's book, he made it sound like he did it on a whim and the others were mad because he won. He didn't mention he was not in usual comp shape.

I never did finish watching it
Old 08-03-2020, 06:42 AM   #10
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
Guys we know this shit is fixed....you guys act all surprised.....it’s fixed at the lowest level why wouldn’t it be fixed at the top level.
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:07 AM   #11
HDH

No one is surprised, just interested.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #12
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDH View Post
No one is surprised, just interested.