TomSizeMore's Workout Journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomSizeMore

TomSizeMore's Workout Journal

Just thought I would start a log to see what is going wrong with my program. Presently my streangth is going through the roof, but I'm losing weight. I think mainly because of stress within my life, I am not eating like I'm supposed to.

Present stats:
    weight 265lbs
    bf% around 8%

No workout today. I'm doing Mon, Wed, Friday w/o's and supplementing the following

Test400- 1ml Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
    EQ 400mg/ml 1ml Mon, Wed, Friday, Saturday
    Sust250- Finishing up EOD shots, ran for the last 3 weeks
    Just finished D'bol, ran for last 3 weeks (I get bad gyno off d'bol, can't go long)

An Idea of my daily diet:
    730a.m. Protien shake(50gm powder), Natural peanut butter (3-4tblspn), Oatmeal about 2.5 cups dry, 4 eggs (1 yolk)
    9a.m. 8 eggs (2 yolks) Whole yogurt, bannana, 1 cup strawberries.
    12p.m. Going to try a fatburger today (need calories)
    2p.m. 2 chicken breasts, salad w/ walnuts, turkey breast, carrots, dressing (fatty dressing)
    5p.m. Protien shake (50gm powder)
    Preworkout- Gainer shake 90gm carbs 50gm protien
    PWO- gainer shake 90gm carbs 50gm protien
    1-2hr later- an assload of pasta, sauce, 96%lean beef (2 patties)
    1-3a.m. Protien Shake (50gm powder)

I cannot figure out how in the hell I'm losing weight, I must have the metabolism of a cheetah. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • buffness

how much protein would you say your getting in every day. looks like 50 per meal. at 265 you'll need more. Shit I'm at 200 and taking in 75!

Comment

• TomSizeMore

looks like around 475gm/day. Go more?

Comment

• goes4ever
        • Sep 2004

kick it up to 550-600

Comment

• TomSizeMore

Cool, I'll just add two more protien shakes.

Comment

• future

Add more carbs into your diet. I wouldnt go higher in the protein personally. There is not reason. If you arent making gains with 475 a day then the logic would be to see about your other macros NOT go crazy on the protein.

Comment

• irongirl

I agree with future. I'm glad he said it though

Comment

• goes4ever
                • Sep 2004

you see I am just the opposite, if I am not gaining I would add protien, adding carbs does nothing but add fat on me. At my weight (193) I am eating 400-425g protein, but carbs are lower, this is the only thing I have found to work for me

Comment

• TomSizeMore

I've been trying to restrict my carbs after 4pm. Should I throw this out the window and just go all out?

Comment

• goes4ever
                    • Sep 2004

I do carb cut off after meal 4, I eat 6 meals and make the last two meals all pro/fat

what time do you lift?

Comment

• TomSizeMore

usually around 7pm. I have been taking NO explode pre and post workout also. that has like 90gm of carbs as well. Plus the gainer shakes, There is no way I should be losing weight.

Comment

• future

Originally posted by goes4ever
                        you see I am just the opposite, if I am not gaining I would add protien, adding carbs does nothing but add fat on me. At my weight (193) I am eating 400-425g protein, but carbs are lower, this is the only thing I have found to work for me
                        I can see that. For me, at least in the past, I need plenty of carbs in my diet which is still low for the norm.

The sucky thing about diets is finding what works.

Comment

• future

Originally posted by TomSizeMore
                          usually around 7pm. I have been taking NO explode pre and post workout also. that has like 90gm of carbs as well. Plus the gainer shakes, There is no way I should be losing weight.
                          So if you train around 7 you will still need some good carbs PWO. I would say that you should aim for 50 high glycemic/50 low glycemic after training. Maybe have your PWO with 50 grams of a high glycemic carb THEN have a dinner 45-60 minutes later with the better carbs.

Comment

• goes4ever
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TomSizeMore
                            well after workouts you need carbs for sure, but what about non workout days? a carb cut off would be wise on those days

Comment

• TomSizeMore

That sounds like good advice.

Comment

Working...