Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

MOTS-c: A promising mitochondrial-derived peptide for therapeutic exploitation

Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2023; 14: 1120533.
    Published online 2023 Jan 25. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2023.1120533
    PMCID: PMC9905433
    PMID: 36761202
    Yuejun Zheng, 1 , 2 Zilin Wei,corresponding author 1 , * and Tianhui Wangcorresponding author 1 , 2 , *
    Author information Article notes Copyright and License information PMC Disclaimer
    Go to:
    Abstract

Mitochondrial ORF of the 12S rRNA Type-C (MOTS-c) is a mitochondrial-derived peptide composed of 16 amino acids encoded by the 12S rRNA region of the mitochondrial genome. The MOTS-c protein is transferred to the nucleus during metabolic stress and directs the expression of nuclear genes to promote cell balance. Different tissues co-expressed the protein with mitochondria, and plasma also contained the protein, but its level decreased with age. In addition, MOTS-c has been shown to improve glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle, which indicates its benefits for diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and aging. Nevertheless, MOTS-c has been used less frequently in disease treatment, and no effective method of applying MOTS-c in the clinic has been developed. Throughout this paper, we discussed the discovery and physiological function of mitochondrial-derived polypeptide MOTS-c, and the application of MOTS-c in the treatment of various diseases, such as aging, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, and inflammation. To provide additional ideas for future research and development, we tapped into the molecular mechanisms and therapeutic potentials of MOTS-c to improve diseases and combined the technology with synthetic biology in order to offer a new approach to its development and application.
    Keywords: MOTS-c, mitochondrial-derived peptide, therapeutic exploitation, synthetic biology, endocrine
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle
  • MindlessWork
    • Aug 2011

This sounds like a promising peptide for older people too.
    “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by MindlessWork
      This sounds like a promising peptide for older people too.
      I’m going to study it. I’m thinking of trying it as it’s available on steroids and peptides sites.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• MindlessWork
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by liftsiron
        I’m going to study it. I’m thinking of trying it as it’s available on steroids and peptides sites.
        Nice, perhaps I might look into this as well.
        “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• juggaknott2011
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by liftsiron
          Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2023; 14: 1120533.
          Published online 2023 Jan 25. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2023.1120533
          PMCID: PMC9905433
          PMID: 36761202
          Yuejun Zheng, 1 , 2 Zilin Wei,corresponding author 1 , * and Tianhui Wangcorresponding author 1 , 2 , *
          Author information Article notes Copyright and License information PMC Disclaimer
          Go to:
          Abstract

Mitochondrial ORF of the 12S rRNA Type-C (MOTS-c) is a mitochondrial-derived peptide composed of 16 amino acids encoded by the 12S rRNA region of the mitochondrial genome. The MOTS-c protein is transferred to the nucleus during metabolic stress and directs the expression of nuclear genes to promote cell balance. Different tissues co-expressed the protein with mitochondria, and plasma also contained the protein, but its level decreased with age. In addition, MOTS-c has been shown to improve glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle, which indicates its benefits for diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and aging. Nevertheless, MOTS-c has been used less frequently in disease treatment, and no effective method of applying MOTS-c in the clinic has been developed. Throughout this paper, we discussed the discovery and physiological function of mitochondrial-derived polypeptide MOTS-c, and the application of MOTS-c in the treatment of various diseases, such as aging, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, and inflammation. To provide additional ideas for future research and development, we tapped into the molecular mechanisms and therapeutic potentials of MOTS-c to improve diseases and combined the technology with synthetic biology in order to offer a new approach to its development and application.
          Keywords: MOTS-c, mitochondrial-derived peptide, therapeutic exploitation, synthetic biology, endocrine
          I keep hearing a lot of good things about this product

"We lift each other up ! We are a force alone but as a family we're unstoppable ! We build muscles and memories "

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• akajavman1
            VET
            • Sep 2022

Vigorous Steve had a good video on this if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Working...