Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Supplements
User Name
Password

Old 06-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
choke

Rolling through Pumped Juice

I want to thank Midwestbeast and Andreas Munzer for the opportunity to log one of their supp's.

This is ironic for me because I have avoided using pre-workout supps historically. I've avoided them not because I did not think that they worked; I avoided them because I did not like how they made me feel when they "kicked in", or the crash that came afterwards.

So, at the age of 46, and being fitness guy who's into the weird stuff (kettlebelle's, Bulgarian Bag, Animal Gymnastics, bodyweight training, etc), and also a 35 year martial artist and active grappling competitor; it seemed like a good idea to give these supps another shot.

Enter MR, and the opportunity to log.
And damn, am I glad that I did.

I am four days into my trial run. I've waited a few days so as to make sure that what I've experienced is not a placebo effect.

I start my day with a cup of coffee and a substantial smoothie. Very thick, and filling. I was curious to learn whether or not drinking Pump Juice would cause some explosiveness outside of the service exit.

I drank down the juice before leaving the house, to go to the gym. 15 minute drive to the gym, lazy amount of time to change, and get my head right and ready, and I am about the 35-45 minute point after drinking a very good tasting supp.

What I noticed, was not a foaming at the mouth, explosive energy. What I felt was this sense of ability. A sense of power to do what I needed to do. Now, I am not a powerlifter, bodybuilder, Oly lifter, none of that. My warm up, would deplete most guys workout. I warm up with kettlebelle's, or a Bulgarian bag. And then I use a DUP modality for Squats, dead's, pull up's, or bench. And then I close out with explosive cardio work via kb's or Bulgarian bag.

It is my goal after every workout to be left with only my mind. Physically depleted. What I felt, after using Pump Juice, on every occasion is a sense of well being post workout; and a sense of mental clarity that I've not had. I am exhausted, but I still feel really really good after a workout.

One of the really cool things about Pump Juice is that there is no crash, once it wears off. And it does not feel like your speeding your nipples off while it's working.

The biggest benefit for me personally, is that I also hit the BJJ mats 3-5 times a week. So, I am now able to hit the mats with an energy level that I am not used to having. As opposed to starting at a deficit, that I try to erase with a cup of coffee, I don't feel the need to do that.

Pump Juice is so tolerable that I've considered taking a second dose on the days that I pull double duty. Meaning, gym days and mat days. But I'm going to hold off on doing that for the time being.

For the first time in... ever... I've become a believer in a pre-workout drink.

More to come.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
cane

thanks for getting this up so quick choke. ill be following brother. so far you are doing great
Old 06-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Andreas Munzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
I want to thank Midwestbeast and Andreas Munzer for the opportunity to log one of their supp's.

This is ironic for me because I have avoided using pre-workout supps historically. I've avoided them not because I did not think that they worked; I avoided them because I did not like how they made me feel when they "kicked in", or the crash that came afterwards.

So, at the age of 46, and being fitness guy who's into the weird stuff (kettlebelle's, Bulgarian Bag, Animal Gymnastics, bodyweight training, etc), and also a 35 year martial artist and active grappling competitor; it seemed like a good idea to give these supps another shot.

Enter MR, and the opportunity to log.
And damn, am I glad that I did.

I am four days into my trial run. I've waited a few days so as to make sure that what I've experienced is not a placebo effect.

I start my day with a cup of coffee and a substantial smoothie. Very thick, and filling. I was curious to learn whether or not drinking Pump Juice would cause some explosiveness outside of the service exit.

I drank down the juice before leaving the house, to go to the gym. 15 minute drive to the gym, lazy amount of time to change, and get my head right and ready, and I am about the 35-45 minute point after drinking a very good tasting supp.

What I noticed, was not a foaming at the mouth, explosive energy. What I felt was this sense of ability. A sense of power to do what I needed to do. Now, I am not a powerlifter, bodybuilder, Oly lifter, none of that. My warm up, would deplete most guys workout. I warm up with kettlebelle's, or a Bulgarian bag. And then I use a DUP modality for Squats, dead's, pull up's, or bench. And then I close out with explosive cardio work via kb's or Bulgarian bag.

It is my goal after every workout to be left with only my mind. Physically depleted. What I felt, after using Pump Juice, on every occasion is a sense of well being post workout; and a sense of mental clarity that I've not had. I am exhausted, but I still feel really really good after a workout.

One of the really cool things about Pump Juice is that there is no crash, once it wears off. And it does not feel like your speeding your nipples off while it's working.

The biggest benefit for me personally, is that I also hit the BJJ mats 3-5 times a week. So, I am now able to hit the mats with an energy level that I am not used to having. As opposed to starting at a deficit, that I try to erase with a cup of coffee, I don't feel the need to do that.

Pump Juice is so tolerable that I've considered taking a second dose on the days that I pull double duty. Meaning, gym days and mat days. But I'm going to hold off on doing that for the time being.

For the first time in... ever... I've become a believer in a pre-workout drink.

More to come.
awesome opening thoughts and review here so far happy you are enjoying pje
Old 06-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #4
choke

Thanks guys. Glad to contribute.

Update for 6/22/16
Today was one of those double duty days.
I did a lunch time BJJ class, and hit the gym this evening.
Choosing to hit the PJ either before BJJ, or before the gym was a fun little dilemma.

I opted to forgo taking it before BJJ, and wait for the gym.
Since I am, shall we say, in between professional positions at the moment; I was able to stay after BJJ class and roll for an extra hour. So roughly 2 hours of full speed rolling, post class. I finished up at about 3.

I made it to the gym at about 4:30. I hit the PJ, at about 4. Hit the hot tub, to get warm, and then to the squat rack. As before, a really good sense of ability and confidence to hit the workout.

I did my warm up, 25lb kb swings for 5 minutes. Bulgarian Bag swings, 10 each side. 2 minute Bulgarian Bag cleans. Battle ropes for 5 minutes.

I use a squat belt (from Iron Mind) because I like how it forces the focus to be on quads, and glutes. It also forces me to push from the heels. Most importantly, it spares me, from hitting my back too hard; because I go into dead lifts after my squats and lunges.

For squats, I do 6 working sets, and 1 blow out 20 rep set. 2 of the working sets are lighter weight 10-12 reps; and the remaining 4 are heavier weight 8-10 reps. And the final single set is 20 reps. Rough stuff with that squat belt.

4 sets of lunges with 25-35 lb kettlebelles.

DL's 4 sets, 10-12 reps. And then rack DL's for another 4 sets 8-10 reps.

Typically, I'm baked at this point. But today, I had the juice (pun intended) to throw in some push ups. 3 x 15, very strict form, hands shoulder width apart, about mid-rib. Slow on the way down, pause, burst up. And rounding things out, dips for 3 x 15.

By the end of dips, I was done. Physically done.
And as with the previous days, I had a really cool sense of well being.

I can say for sure, that Pump Juice has absolutely increased my ability and capacity to do work.

This was my first double workout day, using Pump Juice. Wednesday, I'll take the PJ prior to BJJ, and then see how the follow on workout at the gym goes.

After that, I am curious, to double up on Pump Juice on dual workout days.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #5
choke

6/25/16 Log
So after a couple of days off for rest and life reasons, I was able to get back at it. However, I didn't eat as well as I should have. Not that I ate junk, just not in the typical volume.

I got up early, and went to do an open mat roll, with only coffee in my belly. Came back after getting at it for about 2 hours. Then a nice breakfast of eggs and turkey bacon. Beyond that, I managed to have enough going on that I did not eat between breakfast and by the time I got to the gym at 4:30'ish. I had plenty of water, but nothing to eat.

So I was curious to see how my workout was going to go. I drank down the Pump Juice at about 4, prior to leaving for the gym. On an empty stomach.

I wasn't focusing too well today, just because of needing to get a lot done. And I felt pressed to get in and out of the gym. I think that it had more to do with not having eaten properly today. So, I was very curious to see how PJ was going to do.

I got into my warm up, a little bit than I had anticipated. Good sign. A 5 minute kettlebelle swing, followed by 6 minutes of Turkish Get-up's with kb's (3 minutes each side), and some kb cleans/press for 3 minutes. Each exercise separated with a one minute rest.

All things considered, the warm up wasn't too bad. And I had the energy to get to the lifts. I've taken an interested in spending some time specializing on my shoulders. They've been a weak point for me. I screwed my rotator a few years ago via volleyball and not warming up properly. They snap and pop a lot.

So to start today, push presses were on tap. 5 sets, as heavy as I could manage. One minute rep in between sets. Reps 8,6,4,8,6. Not too bad. Still had energy, and a little bit more focus than I had to start.

Cleans next. Same sets and reps. I found myself sweating more than normal. I certainly felt hungry; and I think it was definitely having its effects.

Upright rows: 10,8,6,10,8. Minute rest in between.

I could really tell that I'd done Turkish get-up's. Tired now, but I still had the energy to go on.

High to low, cable crossovers: 5 x 10, minute rest in between.

Time to finish off with push up's. I'm trying to get to the point of being able to do strict one arm push up's. So, for these sets, one hand will be on a medicine ball; forcing focus on the hand thats not on the ball.

All things considered, considering the fact that I was starving; and all I had to go on was Pump Juice. And again, all things considered, I got a pretty damn good amount of work done.

Nothing more than Pump Juice to power me through.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
Andreas Munzer

sounds like pump juice came through for the win
Old 06-28-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Munzer View Post
sounds like pump juice came through for the win
Yea, I have to say; that is an understatement.

I had a crazy Sunday. I slept in, didn't eat a proper breakfast. Didn't have my coffee.

I hit the PJ, and went straight to the gym.
Drove like an idiot because it was a beautiful morning and I had the top down.

I went after a soul crushing kettlebell session, followed by a lung destroying Bulgarian Bag session.

5 minute, alternating single arm kb swings. Then a couple of BJJ specific KB movements. Then 3 minute per side Turkish Get Up's.

Bulgarian Bag started with alternating throws for 3 minutes, x 2.
Then a set of movements that involve high circles, cleans, throws, and push ups for 10 reps each side. 5 sets, shooting for under 5 minutes.

Completely depleted, but after only having had the Pump Juice prior to the workout, I have to say that this stuff rocks.

Monday was a double duty day. BJJ and a work out.
I had the pump juice prior to BJJ, and made it through class and an hour of rolling with no problems. I felt like I could keep on rolling.

Got some work done, and hit the gym for leg day. I downed my Pump Juice 30 minutes prior to stepping on the floor.
Then got to it.

Squat belt for Squats, 8 rep x 4 sets, with one rep out blow out set.
KB Lunges 10 x 4
Front Squats 10 x 4
Stiff Legged DL's 8 x 5 (love the sensation)
Plyo box jumps x3 minutes, 2 sets
Sled Push till failure

So after dosing with Pump Juice twice in one day. I felt awesome when bed time rolled around. I did not feel like I kissed a freight train like I do on most double duty days. Slept like a corpse, and just felt mentally "right", not dragging ass.

Point is, if you have multiple workouts in a day, and they're intense; Pump Juice is not going to screw you up if you use it more than once in a day. I'm going to remain a customer.

I have some lofty competitive grappling goals pending. And I plan on making Pump Juice and the Keto Burn a regular part of my training. Pump Juice definitely increased my capacity to do work, and not suffer for it.

Hell... if the MR guys have a patch, I'd love to buy it and sew it on to my competition gi's and grappling rashguards.

I can keep writing these things, and I'll happily do so if the MR guys would like.

What I can say definitively, is that Pump Juice works, even when life gets in the way of your training. And it doesn't get your out of whack in the process.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #8
cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
Yea, I have to say; that is an understatement.

I had a crazy Sunday. I slept in, didn't eat a proper breakfast. Didn't have my coffee.

I hit the PJ, and went straight to the gym.
Drove like an idiot because it was a beautiful morning and I had the top down.

I went after a soul crushing kettlebell session, followed by a lung destroying Bulgarian Bag session.

5 minute, alternating single arm kb swings. Then a couple of BJJ specific KB movements. Then 3 minute per side Turkish Get Up's.

Bulgarian Bag started with alternating throws for 3 minutes, x 2.
Then a set of movements that involve high circles, cleans, throws, and push ups for 10 reps each side. 5 sets, shooting for under 5 minutes.

Completely depleted, but after only having had the Pump Juice prior to the workout, I have to say that this stuff rocks.

Monday was a double duty day. BJJ and a work out.
I had the pump juice prior to BJJ, and made it through class and an hour of rolling with no problems. I felt like I could keep on rolling.

Got some work done, and hit the gym for leg day. I downed my Pump Juice 30 minutes prior to stepping on the floor.
Then got to it.

Squat belt for Squats, 8 rep x 4 sets, with one rep out blow out set.
KB Lunges 10 x 4
Front Squats 10 x 4
Stiff Legged DL's 8 x 5 (love the sensation)
Plyo box jumps x3 minutes, 2 sets
Sled Push till failure

So after dosing with Pump Juice twice in one day. I felt awesome when bed time rolled around. I did not feel like I kissed a freight train like I do on most double duty days. Slept like a corpse, and just felt mentally "right", not dragging ass.

Point is, if you have multiple workouts in a day, and they're intense; Pump Juice is not going to screw you up if you use it more than once in a day. I'm going to remain a customer.

I have some lofty competitive grappling goals pending. And I plan on making Pump Juice and the Keto Burn a regular part of my training. Pump Juice definitely increased my capacity to do work, and not suffer for it.

Hell... if the MR guys have a patch, I'd love to buy it and sew it on to my competition gi's and grappling rashguards.

I can keep writing these things, and I'll happily do so if the MR guys would like.

What I can say definitively, is that Pump Juice works, even when life gets in the way of your training. And it doesn't get your out of whack in the process.
i answered this on the post you made on our board. thanks for everything brother. you did a hell of a job here
Old 07-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #9
blm
Vet

blm has a spectacular aura aboutblm has a spectacular aura aboutblm has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
i answered this on the post you made on our board. thanks for everything brother. you did a hell of a job here
I have mad respect for his logs.
blm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #10
Andreas Munzer

awesome news here happy pump juice can pull out a win even when your day goes sideways