Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > MMA Talk
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #16
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
If RR wins a rematch its because she figured out how to defend herself...she got beat up before the kick
I sure hope she plans her sweet revenge soo
Old 11-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #17
A1food4u

Does anyone see this as a matter of coaching? I think HH's corner had her prepared, a good game plan. She stayed away and moved well, keeping the pace accelerated so that by the time RR got that first clinch they were both pretty sweaty, that had to help HH escape. And the calm demeanor of RR's coach telling her to keep doing what she was doing? I thought that was sooooo wrong..... even if HH escapes, if you press inside you gotta believe RR would have taken less punches... I scratched my head through the hole thing... why box with a boxer with a reach advantage by staying in her wheelhouse????
Old 11-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #18
Trapology

Trapology will become famous soon enoughTrapology will become famous soon enough
Yeah its the coaching. But it also has to do with how limited rousey really is

People say she had a bad game plan but her game plan was executed perfectly and it failed. All 12 girls she rushed into a clinch got a take down and finished them for the most part. That doesnt work when if nothing else the person youre fighting has footwork 100x better then you

Rousey needs to learn other take downs and much better head and foot movement
Old 11-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #19
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigbo View Post
Yeah its the coaching. But it also has to do with how limited rousey really is

People say she had a bad game plan but her game plan was executed perfectly and it failed. All 12 girls she rushed into a clinch got a take down and finished them for the most part. That doesnt work when if nothing else the person youre fighting has footwork 100x better then you

Rousey needs to learn other take downs and much better head and foot movement
Good observation and I am sure she will learn from this so that the same mistakes won't be made. Also Ronda allowed her cockiness to cloud her judgment to boot.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #20
Trapology

Trapology will become famous soon enoughTrapology will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
Good observation and I am sure she will learn from this so that the same mistakes won't be made. Also Ronda allowed her cockiness to cloud her judgment to boot.
Yeah but at the same time its the job of the people around you to keep you humble, you can act like an ass in public all you want but the people on the gym have to at least keep your training grounded
Old 11-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #21
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
If you look at some of her previous fights, the opponents did well when they pressured her on the stand-up and moved around. As soon as they stopped their feet movement, she took them down or landed a big punch on them. Even the ones who planned on keeping it standing, they eventually left their game plan and she took advantage of them. HH kept to her plan and she learned to defend the takedown and she also is physically fit and strong to add on to everything else.

I think HH was prepared for the fight, but I think she will be even better the next time they fight, regardless of how better prepared RR is...IMO, HH will be even stronger in the rematch, the question mark will be what RR will bring and learn from in this first fight.

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 11-20-2015 at 10:33 PM..
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:35 PM   #22
Glycomann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_LL_H7L_Tg
Old 11-21-2015, 01:18 AM   #23
Trapology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
which part am i paying attention too? its 2 hours long
Old 11-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #24
blm
Vet

blm has a spectacular aura aboutblm has a spectacular aura aboutblm has a spectacular aura about
Lmao @ the mental midget comparing Rouseys defeat to the falling of the World Trade Center.
blm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #25
Glycomann

Quote:
which part am i paying attention too? its 2 hours long
Use you preferences. If you think it's useful, entertaining or informative to listen to Rogan and White then listen. If not then don't. What combat sports do you do?
Old 11-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #26
Trapology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Use you preferences. If you think it's useful, entertaining or informative to listen to Rogan and White then listen. If not then don't. What combat sports do you do?
O ok my bad youre just positing it to post it. i though there was a certain part about the rousey fight since you posted it in this thread

both boxing and mma
Old 11-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #27
beast
Vet

beast is just really nicebeast is just really nicebeast is just really nicebeast is just really nice
I don't think she deserves an immediate rematch. She had nothing for Holly. I think she should work back up the ranks line they all do unless it's a 5 round war and a tough decision.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:49 AM   #28
Scott21
VET

Scott21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Her coach is an idiot but there arnt many coaches who could help rousey. She needs to revamp her entire game.

The judo throw is easily defended as holm showed but none of the other girls had camps who cared to really help them. Holm is the first real fighter she fought who was competent to be patient and execute a game plan and it showed

I've known her Coach for 17 years, he was a kid who was a great kick boxer. He never had any MMA experience that I recall so I don't know how he got into coaching her. She had absolutely no idea how to fight a southpaw, you cannot square up with a southpaw who has a great straight left cross, that was a grave mistake, her, and her coach should have caught.
Scott21 is offline   Reply With Quote