Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clutchitalian
    • Sep 2011

whey protein......

do any of u bros know where to get whey cheap in bulk?? i was getting biotech 10 lbs for around 75 dollars from allstarhealth.com but they discontinued it. any suggestions????????????
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Costco. that orange cream biotech is the bomb

Comment

• clutchitalian
      • Sep 2011

do u know the price???? the weight?????

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

I don't use whey. Whey is ghey

Comment

• clutchitalian
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Darkness
          I don't use whey. Whey is ghey
          casein???? soy?????

Comment

• Darkness
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by clutchitalian
            casein???? soy?????
            No real food bro. I don't if much of any kind of whey survives digestion and makes it's wAy as proteins to body tissues.

Soy is the devil. Raises estrogen. It's tits and tears in a can.

Why not just use egg whites or eat something. Much better results IMO. Also protein powder is full of fillers that just put a layer of water and gunk under your skin just like all processed foods.

Comment

• b52
              • Oct 2006

do u know the price???? the weight?????
              6 lbs like 48 bucks. they have a bunch of different brands. All good stuff

Comment

• b52
                • Oct 2006

No real food bro. I don't if much of any kind of whey survives digestion and makes it's wAy as proteins to body tissues.

Why not just use egg whites or eat something. Much better results IMO. Also protein powder is full of fillers that just put a layer of water and gunk under your skin just like all processed foods.

There are two sides of the fence on the whole whey matter. While nothing replaces whole foods, There have been countless studies on the beneficial effects of whey protein, post workout. I use protein post workout, and that's it, to replenish my muscles. I also eat a good pwo meal 30-45 minutes later. It has been shown to aid in repair, after intense workouts. Now do you need it? Absolutely not, but it does provide some extra calories. The key word is supplement, not replacement.

Soy is not really the best stuff out there( unless you're a vegan, then idk why the hell you would be on this site) I would stay away from that, but the phytoestrogens contained in soy I believe do not actually convert to estrogen in your body. And if it did the amount is so miniscule it wouldn't do anything. I read something a while back as to why it was a bogus claim. I remember when this was a big thing all over the news, but I think it was blown a little out of proportion because that's what the media does. they don't report facts they report gossip, and whatever get's the ratings up. Soy is so bland anyway.

Now the majority of all your calories( basically all of them) should be coming from whole food sources, like darkness said, but there is nothing wrong with using protein, as long as you're not replacing meals with it. I get it if you're in a pinch, but you should eat whole foods all day everyday. Your body digests these easier because that's what it's been doing for thousands of years, but I use a whey blend with fast, medium and slow release proteins.

Comment

• clutchitalian
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by b52
                  There are two sides of the fence on the whole whey matter. While nothing replaces whole foods, There have been countless studies on the beneficial effects of whey protein, post workout. I use protein post workout, and that's it, to replenish my muscles. I also eat a good pwo meal 30-45 minutes later. It has been shown to aid in repair, after intense workouts. Now do you need it? Absolutely not, but it does provide some extra calories. The key word is supplement, not replacement.

Soy is not really the best stuff out there( unless you're a vegan, then idk why the hell you would be on this site) I would stay away from that, but the phytoestrogens contained in soy I believe do not actually convert to estrogen in your body. And if it did the amount is so miniscule it wouldn't do anything. I read something a while back as to why it was a bogus claim. I remember when this was a big thing all over the news, but I think it was blown a little out of proportion because that's what the media does. they don't report facts they report gossip, and whatever get's the ratings up. Soy is so bland anyway.

Now the majority of all your calories( basically all of them) should be coming from whole food sources, like darkness said, but there is nothing wrong with using protein, as long as you're not replacing meals with it. I get it if you're in a pinch, but you should eat whole foods all day everyday. Your body digests these easier because that's what it's been doing for thousands of years, but I use a whey blend with fast, medium and slow release proteins.
                  i completely agree bro....i cant eat chicken breasts postworkout lol

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                    • Apr 2006

I use truenutrition

Comment

• Magnesium
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2009

Good points. I never really thought of protein powder like I have other processed foods. I've been drinking shakes for years and never really thought about it. Looks like I need to cook up some more of my multi animal ground meat with the fat floated out.

I've also been using the costco stuff. Cytosport with no sugar, my location only has chocolate and vanilla (tastes a bit like movie theater popcorn to me)

Comment

• mw1
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
                        I use truenutrition
                        Trutein is one of my favorites(Lemon Meringue/banana).
                        You can get the USP labs oxy elite Protein for $15 for 2lbs at retailers( they are changing the profile soon)
                        mw@seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Comment

• jkits
                          • Feb 2015

do any of u bros know where to get whey cheap in bulk?? i was getting biotech 10 lbs for around 75 dollars from allstarhealth.com but they discontinued it. any suggestions????????????
                          That's a better deal than I receive. Typically I buy 6.3 lbs of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey from Costco. I know it costs under $60. I believe it's $57

Comment

• jkits
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by b52
                            Costco. that orange cream biotech is the bomb
                            I usually buy mine from Costco also. My choices are either Cytosport or Optimum Nutrition. I wish the location I bought from carried Orange Cream Biotech.

Comment

• John Benz
                              Vet
                              • Jan 2004

Well said. Whey protein is good for post workout, and convenience, but no powdered protein is anabolic as a whole egg!

Comment

Working...