X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willi
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Shovel
    What's your total sodium intake look like? Eggs have 60-70 mg of sodium each. I'd do pasteurized eggs if possible. My limit is 3000mg daily. I never come close to it though. Get your heart checked bud. Just for peace of mind...
    Thanks Shovel. It was checked about 2 months ago and will be again in March. Things have been good. Thank you for helping me.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
      • Apr 2006

Sorry, forgot to reply back here.

Willi, I think most of the problems you are having is due to the gall bladder removal. Usually the liver can generate enough lipase and enzymes on it's own to aid with digestion, but with that many egg yolks, it may be too much. You could always try continuing the eggs, but maybe limit the yolks. Try cooking them too, and see if that helps. I asked this very same question to my food science and chemistry professors (many years ago...lol) on whether cooking the egg helped make it digest and absorb more easily....since it was always debated on the bro-talk boards. While research is limited, they all were pretty conclusive on cooking being the best route for digestion (excluding biotin and food poisoning which are different topics all together but equally important) due to the way the proteins refold while cooking.

If consuming raw, a little extra biotin will help, like mentioned earlier.

I'd start with a lower fat diet and work your way up as toelrated, and with a little time for the liver and GI track to adjust. You may want to do the same with protein as well....though i'm sure it will vary person to person on tolerance so it will take some trial and error.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
        • Apr 2006

Another thing that has helped with my GI health has been by taking regular cheap L-Glutamine. I get mine from TrueNutrition for dirt cheap. You could also look into adding pre/pro-biotics and digestive enzymes to see if they help at all.

Comment

• Shovel
          VET
          • Jul 2011

Oh yeah. My wifey had her gull bladder out and some things tear her up. She'll run to a bathroom lol
          Semper Fi

Comment

• willi
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

yep

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
            Sorry, forgot to reply back here.

Willi, I think most of the problems you are having is due to the gall bladder removal. Usually the liver can generate enough lipase and enzymes on it's own to aid with digestion, but with that many egg yolks, it may be too much. You could always try continuing the eggs, but maybe limit the yolks. Try cooking them too, and see if that helps. I asked this very same question to my food science and chemistry professors (many years ago...lol) on whether cooking the egg helped make it digest and absorb more easily....since it was always debated on the bro-talk boards. While research is limited, they all were pretty conclusive on cooking being the best route for digestion (excluding biotin and food poisoning which are different topics all together but equally important) due to the way the proteins refold while cooking.

If consuming raw, a little extra biotin will help, like mentioned earlier.

I'd start with a lower fat diet and work your way up as toelrated, and with a little time for the liver and GI track to adjust. You may want to do the same with protein as well....though i'm sure it will vary person to person on tolerance so it will take some trial and error.
            Hi BMJ,

Thats probably exactly it. A GI friend said I can expect 6 months to"Normalize" so that puts me around April.
            Have been doing eggs cooked in the morning...no problem. By distension is slowly decreasing. plus a long time ago my bb doc told me I was carb sensitive and they cause me to bloat. He put me on a diet of less than 50gs of carbs a day but wow thats hard to live on...forever.

Thanks for your help brother. I appreciate it!

Comment

• willi
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

bloat

Originally posted by Shovel
              Oh yeah. My wifey had her gull bladder out and some things tear her up. She'll run to a bathroom lol
              Thanks bro. Fortunately I have dont get the runs. I just bloat.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                • Apr 2006

Some people handle carbs better than others, but 50 grams per day is pretty low, pretty much almost a ketogenic diet depending on the rest of the macros. That is fine and will work, but it may or may not be necessary to go to such an extreme...but again, this will vary person to person.

In my opinion, a lot of the bloating that goes on with most of us can come from any food that continues to digest slowly while exiting through the GI tract. For example, many proteins (especially low grade and cheap protein sources) can cause bloating and gas because the longer they travel in the GI tract before getting absorbed, the longer the bacteria in the large intestines/colons etc have time to feed on them and release gases of their own. Same with high fiber foods like vegetables, beans, some fruits, whole grains, etc. A lot of people run off thinking they have some kind of GI disorder, when all they have to do is buy better quality protein sources, cut back on the overall amounts of certain foods, or even add more water to their shakes to help with solubility. That doesn't make these foods bad, it just means that if you have a lot of broccoli or beans or protein for the day, you will probably get gassy and bloated to some degree.

Yea, it's hard to say how things will happen with each person who has their gallbladders removed. Some are fine and others can have issues with certain foods, or rather the amounts of certain foods. Most people though tend to look back afterward and say they feel much better after it is removed (after dealing with a non-optimal output/functioning GB).

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

I drop to 150 grams of carbs when cutting.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• willi
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Thanks

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
                    Some people handle carbs better than others, but 50 grams per day is pretty low, pretty much almost a ketogenic diet depending on the rest of the macros. That is fine and will work, but it may or may not be necessary to go to such an extreme...but again, this will vary person to person.

In my opinion, a lot of the bloating that goes on with most of us can come from any food that continues to digest slowly while exiting through the GI tract. For example, many proteins (especially low grade and cheap protein sources) can cause bloating and gas because the longer they travel in the GI tract before getting absorbed, the longer the bacteria in the large intestines/colons etc have time to feed on them and release gases of their own. Same with high fiber foods like vegetables, beans, some fruits, whole grains, etc. A lot of people run off thinking they have some kind of GI disorder, when all they have to do is buy better quality protein sources, cut back on the overall amounts of certain foods, or even add more water to their shakes to help with solubility. That doesn't make these foods bad, it just means that if you have a lot of broccoli or beans or protein for the day, you will probably get gassy and bloated to some degree.

Yea, it's hard to say how things will happen with each person who has their gallbladders removed. Some are fine and others can have issues with certain foods, or rather the amounts of certain foods. Most people though tend to look back afterward and say they feel much better after it is removed (after dealing with a non-optimal output/functioning GB).
                    Thanks Bro! I appreciate your continued help. I think you are right that it is mostly the fact that I eat so much plus it just takes time to digest. I remember laughing cause my surgeon said it was mesenentary fat!!!!!!!! Willi doesnt have fat! His body was found in a cornfield a few days later.
                    My wife says it may be a tad bit of fat. Anyway, Whatever it is is being dealt with. Ha!

Comment

Working...