It's sugar, not fat, that causes heart attacks.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetBigger

Originally posted by tobyonekinobi
    Im with Glycomann on this. My wife is a naturalist so im fortunate that its ready to eat and dont have to wory about to much. We spend the money on the better quality foods for our family and have reaped the health benefits. We avoid wheat and soy and anything processed. I have a 9 year old son who has not been to the doctor for sickness in two years. We have been for the concussions for fallin out of a tree but not sickness. Hes in a public school system with strep and flu and everything else. My wife is working with a 12 year old little girl with Rhumetoid Arthritis. They were about to give her shots that will make her infertile. She put the family on a food plan and the girl ran so much this weekend without pain her muscles were sore. She told her mom that she had never felt that. Food is powerful stuff
    thats great man, i hope she continues to benefit.

Comment

• GetBigger

has everyone seen this? maybe the first change in 20 years.

Comment

• tobyonekinobi
        Vet
        • Feb 2014

I inboxed you t1d hit me back

Comment

• Shinobi
          Vet
          • Mar 2010

Some studies say that sucralose aka Splenda are worst to our health than sugar. Im addicted to Splenda :-/ and I cant live without Diet Coke!!!

How bad is sugar compared to honey?

How could we bulk up or have a cheat day/meal without sugar?!?!

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Shinobi
            Some studies say that sucralose aka Splenda are worst to our health than sugar. Im addicted to Splenda :-/ and I cant live without Diet Coke!!!

How bad is sugar compared to honey?

How could we bulk up or have a cheat day/meal without sugar?!?!
            Most of the studies that say that splenda is worse than sugar are funded by the sugar industry. Honey is just liquid sugar, not healthy at all.
            It doesn't hurt to have a cheat meal or foods containing sugar, just use in moderation.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Augerdog
              Vet
              • Mar 2014

High blood sugar makes your blood vessels thicken hence increasing ones BP. I have just started researching about the truth of cholesterol. I'm reading Cholesterol Myth. I goes be back to when the Atkins diet first started and why it worked. I know it's slightly off the sugar topic but it's tied in to the high BP topic

Comment

• Shinobi
                Vet
                • Mar 2010

A friend posted an article on facebook about a family that spent 1 year without eating sugar: http://www.everydayhealth.com/column...and-adventure/

I think the author of the article over exagerate when she says that after eating a slice of pie:
                "Not only did I not enjoy my slice of pie, I couldn’t even finish it. It tasted sickly sweet to my now sensitive palate. It actually made my teeth hurt. My head began to pound and my heart began to race; I felt awful.
                It took a good hour lying on the couch holding my head before I began to recover."

Comment

Working...