Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Five of the best muscle building foods possible

Five of the best muscle building foods possible

Ever since Arnold Schwarzenegger burst his way onto TV and movie screens in the late 70’s, it’s probably safe to say that bodybuilding and weight training has been steadily becoming more and more popular with each passing day. Bodybuilding and weight training has been practiced for centuries upon centuries, but until not too long ago, bodybuilders were considered freaks of nature, almost non-human by some people. As time went by and the world began seeing larger than life characters, including Arnold, they began to not only accept bodybuilding, they actually began embracing it and began striving to attain physical perfection when it came to their own bodies. Fast forward to the present day, and there are currently more people following bodybuilding type workout routines than ever before. Building muscle is about much more than just lifting weights, it’s actually a combination of around 30% training, and 70% nutrition. In basic terms, if your diet and nutrition isn’t on point, you won’t make the progress you should be. Here’s a look at five of the best muscle building foods possible.

Lean beef – Some people say that red meat is unhealthy and that it’s bad for you, when in actual fact it’s quite the opposite. Red meat is packed full of vitamins, proteins, and minerals that the body absolutely thrives upon. A few of the minerals most beneficial that are found in red meat include zinc, calcium, and iron. It is also a fantastic source of protein, and if you choose lean cuts, the calorie content will also be low as well.

Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a bodybuilder’s best friend, and for good reason too. Although it contains little carbohydrates, the reason why oatmeal is so beneficial is because it too contains b vitamins and minerals, and it’s a great source of slow releasing carbohydrates. This means that for the next few hours, you get a steady release of nutrients and energy into your body, which in turn will keep the metabolism running effectively, and will fuel your workouts too.

Skinless chicken breasts – Although many bodybuilders are probably sick of the sight of chicken breasts, they still consume it because it is so hugely beneficial for them. It is a great source of protein, and is incredibly lean and low in fat and calories. It’s also versatile and easy to prepare.

Cottage cheese – Cottage cheese is actually a form of casein protein, which is slow digesting and is hugely beneficial from a health and bodybuilding standpoint. If you have to go long periods without eating, when you go to bed, long trips, long days at work etc, casein protein is ideal as you get a steady release of proteins into the body for a number of hours. For the ultimate late night snack to cure your sweet cravings, combine a scoop of whey protein powder with a bowl of cottage cheese, blend well, and enjoy.

Eggs – Eggs are a staple part of many bodybuilders’ breakfasts, and for good reason too. Forget about all of that nonsense about eggs being high in cholesterol because it’s simply not true. In order for eggs to pose any risk of increasing a person’s “bad” cholesterol levels, they would need to be consuming over 30 whole eggs, yolks included, per day. Eggs are a great source of protein, they’re naturally low in calories, and they’re also packed full of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins and vitamin D.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #2
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Like all above but switch oatmeal to white rice. I eat lean beef 3-4 times a day...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:45 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I eat plenty of the five.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
I eat plenty of the five.
You eat cottage cheese plain or you add any additional protein to it? I may add it for pre bed instead drinking milk. Figuring things out with that..
Old 02-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
You eat cottage cheese plain or you add any additional protein to it? I may add it for pre bed instead drinking milk. Figuring things out with that..
I can't stand eating plain cottage cheese. I need to add some sort of flavor to it....whey, fruit,...something.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #6
tank100
VET

tank100 is on a distinguished road
My favorite post w/o meal, 10 eggs 1 cup oatmeal
tank100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Magnesium
Vet

Magnesium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I sometimes add just a topping of cereal to plain cottage cheese if I'm in the mood for sweets or something. Other times it is something like blueberries. On a few occasions I've added chocolate protein powder to make a sort of ice cream/pudding type mixture that was pretty decent.

I like the rest of the list, eggs are probably one of the best protein sources out there, they naturally have damn near everything you could want in a food source.
Magnesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
Big B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
I sometimes add just a topping of cereal to plain cottage cheese if I'm in the mood for sweets or something. Other times it is something like blueberries. On a few occasions I've added chocolate protein powder to make a sort of ice cream/pudding type mixture that was pretty decent.

I like the rest of the list, eggs are probably one of the best protein sources out there, they naturally have damn near everything you could want in a food source.
And easily digestible too...
Old 08-19-2019, 05:33 AM   #9
Shinobi
Vet

Shinobi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I mix few packs of splenda + cinnamon + 1 tbs peannut butter or some roasted almonds. Its my favorite snack/dessert before bedtime.
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #10
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
I eat cottage cheese plain - love it. About 3/4 cup, with a handful of cashews on the side makes for a nice protein/healthy fat snack before going to sleep.
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #11
Thate
Vet

Thate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the rough
I used to put cottage cheese in every shake until I kept finding plastic pieces in it.

I made the switch to plain greek yogurt
Thate is offline   Reply With Quote