X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • water43
    Vet
    • Mar 2010

omega 3 fish oil best times

I always try to eat my fish oil gel caps [omega 3] but when is the best times a day ? b4 wo ?am pm
    the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by water43
    I always try to eat my fish oil gel caps [omega 3] but when is the best times a day ? b4 wo ?am pm
    I don't use it but I would assume mornings with your vitamin if you take one. I really don't see the benefit of taking something like that pre workout at all. Usually things taken pre workout start working very quickly and are not active long, hence why you take them pre workout like igf.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Latest studies I've seen said to not take it - or any anti-inflam - after working out bcoz inflammation is part of the natural recovery process. How true that is I dunno. Having said that, I've always taken mine before I go to sleep.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I use krill oil have in the early morning half in the afternoon.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• water43
          Vet
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by liftsiron
          I use krill oil have in the early morning half in the afternoon.
          is krill oil that superior ? I know it cost more so just wondering....I might have to swich
          the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by water43
            is krill oil that superior ? I know it cost more so just wondering....I might have to swich
            IMO it is. You dose with a lot less to.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Q-BaLL
              VET
              • Apr 2004

I've always used it in the am.

Comment

• AlphaOmega
                VET
                • Mar 2018

I would split it. Main dose after your workout. Therory behind this is to get nutrients in your system as fast as possible. I usually save my biggest doses for post workout and it has ALWAYS served me well. You digest them faster and are able to absorb more because your metabolism is at a peak trying to replenish. If your trying to she'd weight I would wait a hour after training to consume anything big. Little protein in a drink is ok. Doing this makes your body feed on the fat/stored nutrients. I had my wife do this and she lost 2 dress sizes in 2 months. What works for on person doesn't mean it works for everyone though. Hope it helps a little!

AO
                The only limit in anything you do in life is yourself.

Comment

• Thundergod
                  VET
                  • Mar 2018

I read an article a few years ago that talked about the benefits of taking fish oil before bed. I don’t remember the specifics of the article, but talking to my doctor who practices “functional” medicine, and he’s a bodybuilder, said that he recommends taking fish oil at night. I’ll have to get more detail when I see him again.

Comment

• Pheedno
                    VET
                    • Mar 2018

In the grand scheme of things I suspect it doesn't make leaps and bounds difference with timing. Just like with cardio, weight training, or anything that relies on consistency. Even though there is surely optimization, the best time to take fish oil or any supplement is whenever you'll remember and is the most convenient for consistency.

Comment

Working...