Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Naughty Nurse

10 Tips to Keep up Fat-Burning While Walking

Here's 10 Ways to Heat Up Your Fat Burner

Do you know how to get the most out of your routine? On a walking work-out, the following ten tips can help you turn up the burn:

1. Keep your arms bent at a 90-degree angle and "pump" them as you walk. It helps you propel yourself forward faster.

2. Lean forward from your ankles, just a bit.

3. Drink ice cold water. Your body has to work harder to heat it up to 98.6 degrees inside of you.

4. Remember good posture. By walking tall and long, your body must work together to keep it straight.

5. Throw some spice in your life. Vary your routine to keep it interesting.

6. Pretend the whole world is watching. When performance counts, you tend to keep it sharp and precise.

7. Take your dog for a walk with you. Not only will it give your pet some exercise as well, but he /she can be great company and help keep you moving!

8. When the dinner bell rings, charge up with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, rather than breads and pastas. Also, choose lean meats as much as possible over other protein choices. And skip the sauces.

9. You know how you work best. Whether communing alone with nature or one on one with a buddy, choose the routine that you will be most likely to stick with.

10. Go off the beaten path. Every so often, take a hike that will challenge you, and give you a varied terrain.

Author Unknown
  • DblDmnGd38

Good info, I was unaware of keeping your water ice cold, I drink it room temp when I do cardio so I don't get cramps. Thanks!

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Good tips, I like number 10.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

Originally posted by liftsiron
        Good tips, I like number 10.
        I need to do that more often!! Although I guess my varied terrain is my 11month old

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

Originally posted by DblDmnGd38
          Good info, I was unaware of keeping your water ice cold, I drink it room temp when I do cardio so I don't get cramps. Thanks!
          I knew about it, but am guilty of not always doing it.

Comment

• rado

Nice post...I always drink my water room temp, well at least I try.

Comment

Working...