X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeke
    Vet
    • May 2005

Ever heard of these???

Ever heard of these two? this is what I've read. Does anyone know first hand about these two substances?

Synthroid (generic name: Levothyroxine; brand names: Eltroxin / Evotrox / Thyrax / Euthyrox / Levaxin / L-thyroxine / Thyrox / Eutirox / Levoxyl) is a synthetic form of thyroxine (thyroid hormone) intended to replace a hormone that is normally produced by your thyroid gland.

Manufactured since 1955, Synthroid is prescribed to treat hypothyroidism. It offers safe and effective treatment that adds back the thyroxine your thyroid gland cannot make naturally.

Without this hormone, the body cannot function properly, resulting in poor growth, slow speech, lack of energy, weight gain, hair loss, dry thick skin, and increased sensitivity to cold.

Your hypothyroid symptoms should improve within several weeks after starting on Synthroid.

Prednisolone (brand names include: Deltacortril / Deltastab / Prednesol / Orapred / Millipred) is a corticosteroid drug.

Prednisolone is used for the treatment of a wide range of inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as asthma, uveitis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, Bell's palsy, multiple sclerosis, cluster headaches, systemic lupus erythematosus, and Dermatomyositis.

It can also be used as an immunosuppressive drug for organ transplants and in cases of adrenal insufficiency (Addison's).
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by zeke
    Ever heard of these two? this is what I've read. Does anyone know first hand about these two substances?

Synthroid (generic name: Levothyroxine; brand names: Eltroxin / Evotrox / Thyrax / Euthyrox / Levaxin / L-thyroxine / Thyrox / Eutirox / Levoxyl) is a synthetic form of thyroxine (thyroid hormone) intended to replace a hormone that is normally produced by your thyroid gland.

Manufactured since 1955, Synthroid is prescribed to treat hypothyroidism. It offers safe and effective treatment that adds back the thyroxine your thyroid gland cannot make naturally.

Without this hormone, the body cannot function properly, resulting in poor growth, slow speech, lack of energy, weight gain, hair loss, dry thick skin, and increased sensitivity to cold.

Your hypothyroid symptoms should improve within several weeks after starting on Synthroid.

Prednisolone (brand names include: Deltacortril / Deltastab / Prednesol / Orapred / Millipred) is a corticosteroid drug.

Prednisolone is used for the treatment of a wide range of inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as asthma, uveitis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, Bell's palsy, multiple sclerosis, cluster headaches, systemic lupus erythematosus, and Dermatomyositis.

It can also be used as an immunosuppressive drug for organ transplants and in cases of adrenal insufficiency (Addison's).
    Synthroid is T4
    Prednisolone is a synthetic cortisone good for inflammation but bad for muscle and bones if used to long.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• zeke
      Vet
      • May 2005

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Synthroid is T4
      Prednisolone is a synthetic cortisone good for inflammation but bad for muscle and bones if used to long.
      So Prednisolone is basically like Celebrex? Or I guess what I'm asking is Celebrew would be bad for Muscle/bones in long term use. I hope I'm not adding confusion...

Comment

• P. Bateman
        Vet
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by zeke
        So Prednisolone is basically like Celebrex? Or I guess what I'm asking is Celebrew would be bad for Muscle/bones in long term use. I hope I'm not adding confusion...
        Celebrex is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. Prednisolone is a corticosteroid. When we hear the word steroid we tend to think of the anabolic type. Corticosteroids are quite the opposite of anabolic steroids, breaking down tissue as opposed to building it up. Like NSAID's they are used to inhibit the inflammatory response. Usually used to treat auto-immune disorders.
        “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• P. Bateman
          Vet
          • Mar 2009

Here's a good article on NSAID's compliments of HotRocks.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by P. Bateman
            Celebrex is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. Prednisolone is a corticosteroid. When we hear the word steroid we tend to think of the anabolic type. Corticosteroids are quite the opposite of anabolic steroids, breaking down tissue as opposed to building it up. Like NSAID's they are used to inhibit the inflammatory response. Usually used to treat auto-immune disorders.
            Well done sir!!!!
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• black7
              Vet
              • Feb 2007

rep for u bateman...
              Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• zeke
                Vet
                • May 2005

Originally posted by P. Bateman

Good read, thanks bro..........

Comment

Working...