Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • house1

size loss

not sure where to put this?

since i have been dieting i have been hitting the cardio--well i feel i am losing leg size by leaps and bounds--

am i doing to much cardio??5 times aweek at 30 to 45 minutes

during the week i am taking in

100 grams carbs
    400 to 450 grams of protein

i need to get my fat intake in check though-- could that be a problem??

on the weekends i carb load--600 to 800 on saturday and half that on sunday--i will be stopping that soon and just running about 300 grams carbs on the weekends total 600 for the weekend

i am down under 265 --have not seen that in a long time--we figure i am going to have to hit 240 to be stage ready-- i hope--just afraid i am going to lose a shit load of muscle getting there though

any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

sincerely
    house1
  • Easto

What type of cardio are you doing?
    Have you thought about giving HIIT a try?
    When are you going cardio, post training? In the am?

House, for someone your size I would try and get a little more protein in. I would shoot for 500grams per day at the least (2grams/ pound of bw).

Does anyone else think you are losing leg size? It may all be in your head!

Comment

• house1

easto, my wife thinks i am crazy about the size loss--i will get some pics posted of my quads shortley

i am doing cardio in the am some days and pm others--i will up my protein intake--

maybe its just the fact that i am nolonger 290 plus anymore --i do feel alot better and am starting to look alot better--so thats a big plus--

thanks easto

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

When your on a strict diet, and doing cardio your bound to lose some size. I think that a major portion of the size lost is shrinking of fat cells. Your legs will also be flat because of glycogen depletetion. I don't think that your doing to much cardio, personally I perfer a lower intensity cardio for a little longer peroid of time. One of the key factors to maintaining muscle size on a calorie restricted diet is to continue to lift as heavy as possible.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• house1

Originally posted by liftsiron
          When your on a strict diet, and doing cardio your bound to lose some size. I think that a major portion of the size lost is shrinking of fat cells. Your legs will also be flat because of glycogen depletetion. I don't think that your doing to much cardio, personally I perfer a lower intensity cardio for a little longer peroid of time. One of the key factors to maintaining muscle size on a calorie restricted diet is to continue to lift as heavy as possible.

thanks lifts

Comment

• DADAWG
            Vet
            • May 2004

i agree with lifts , also are you getting plenty of good fat
            NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

• house1

Originally posted by DADAWG
              , also are you getting plenty of good fat
              this is the one area i need to work on

Comment

• Ski

house,I think 100 grams of carbs all week long is way too low ,and 600-800 is way too high on the re-feed side.

Hiit cardio 5-6 days a week at 20 minutes,increasing to 30 as time goes on as progress dictates.

Try this for a carb cycle:
                Day-1) 200 grams
                Day-2) 150 grams
                Day-3) 100 grams
                Day-4) 175 grams
                Day-5) 250 grams

Just keep repeating this throughout the diet.You may have to tweak it a bit according to your own needs.

I would also do as Easto says and keep protein at 2 grams per pound of bodyweight to retain hard earned muscle.
                Whatever you decide upon,good luck dude!!

Comment

• In-Human

Originally posted by house1
                  easto, my wife thinks i am crazy about the size loss--i will get some pics posted of my quads shortley

i am doing cardio in the am some days and pm others--i will up my protein intake--

maybe its just the fact that i am nolonger 290 plus anymore --i do feel alot better and am starting to look alot better--so thats a big plus--

thanks easto
                  I am gonna have to go with what Easto said, I am well over 290 and I take in 650+ grams of protein a day, and I only train 3 times a week, but my cardio I do 30 minutes four times per week on my off days at a very slow pace.

You know if you drop some BF that its inevitable you will lose some muscle.

I have the same problem as you I always think my thighs are getting smaller, I really think we need to have our heads examined...

Comment

• house1

Originally posted by In-Human
                    I am gonna have to go with what Easto said, I am well over 290 and I take in 650+ grams a day, and I onlt train 3 times a week, but my cardio I do 30 minutes four times per week on my off days at a very slow pace.

You know if you drop some BF that its inevitable you will lose some muscle.

I have the same problem as you I always think my thighs are getting smaller, I really think we need to have our heads examined...

thanks brother

Comment

• house1

One of the key factors to maintaining muscle size on a calorie restricted diet is to continue to lift as heavy as possible.
                      lifts i have upped my weight--i feel more at home now

Comment

• CO-B16
                        Vet
                        • May 2004

bro, i can only do three sessions a week for 30 min. each time or i feel like a skinny b****... maybe knock it back a day or so...never know...
                        THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

i would supplement with plenty and plenty more of your efa's.............eat an avacado a day!

Comment

• masswithclass

What are you doing for cardio? I find that walking uphill on a treadmill at a slower pace, my legs don't shrink. Must be the resistance of the incline on the muscle.

Comment

Working...