Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Peptides and SARMS
User Name
Password

Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
cjc 1295 studies

Growth Horm IGF Res. 2009 Dec;19(6):471-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ghir.2009.03.001. Epub 2009 Apr 21.
Activation of the GH/IGF-1 axis by CJC-1295, a long-acting GHRH analog, results in serum protein profile changes in normal adult subjects.
Sackmann-Sala L, Ding J, Frohman LA, Kopchick JJ.
Source

Department of Biological Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, United States.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

To identify biomarkers of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) action in human serum.
BACKGROUND:

The search for new markers of GH activity has received extensive attention given that the current biomarkers (IGF-1, IGFBP-3 and collagen peptides) show substantial variability in the population, and are not reliably predictive of either the physiologic effects of GH therapy or the detection of GH abuse by athletes. GH releasing hormone (GHRH) is a polypeptide synthesized in the hypothalamus that binds to receptors on pituitary somatotropes to promote the synthesis and release of GH. Serum GH and IGF-1 levels have been shown to increase with administration of GHRH or CJC-1295, a long-acting GHRH analog.
DESIGN:

Sera from 11 healthy young adult men before and one week after CJC-1295 injection were analyzed by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis for proteomic changes. Serum proteins displaying significant changes before and after treatment were subsequently identified using mass spectrometry. In addition, correlations between these proteins and GH or IGF-1 levels were evaluated.
RESULTS:

Two protein spots that displayed decreased intensities after treatment were identified as an apolipoprotein A1 isoform and a transthyretin isoform. Three protein spots upregulated by CJC-1295 treatment included beta-hemoglobin, a C-terminal fragment of albumin, and a mix of an immunoglobulin fragment and another C-terminal albumin fragment. A linear relationship was found between the spot containing immunoglobulin and albumin fragments and IGF-1 levels.
CONCLUSIONS:

Although the molecular mechanisms linking the identified proteins to GH and IGF-1 biological activity remain to be clarified, the results suggest that they represent potential biomarkers of GH and/or IGF-1 action.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PMCID:
PMC2787983
Old 12-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Drug Test Anal. 2010 Nov-Dec;2(11-12):647-50. doi: 10.1002/dta.233. Epub 2010 Dec 10.
Identification of CJC-1295, a growth-hormone-releasing peptide, in an unknown pharmaceutical preparation.
Henninge J, Pepaj M, Hullstein I, Hemmersbach P.
Source

Norwegian Doping Control Laboratory, Oslo University Hospital. john.henninge@h-lab.no
Abstract

Several peptide drugs are being manufactured illicitly, and in some cases they are being made available to the public before entering or completing clinical trials. At the request of Norwegian police and customs authorities, unknown pharmaceutical preparations suspected to contain peptide drugs are regularly subjected to analysis. In 2009, an unknown pharmaceutical preparation was submitted for analysis by liquid chromatography-high resolution tandem mass spectrometry (LC-HRMS/MS). The preparation was found to contain a 29 amino acid peptide with a C-terminal amide function. Based on the interpretation of mass spectrometric data, an amino acid sequence was proposed. The sequence is consistent with a peptide currently marketed under the name CJC-1295. CJC-1295 is a releasing factor for growth hormone and is therefore considered a Prohibited Substance under Section S2 of the WADA Prohibited List. This substance has potential performance-enhancing effects, it is readily available, and there is reason to believe that it is being used within the bodybuilding community.

Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

PMID:
Old 12-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Dec;91(12):4792-7. Epub 2006 Oct 3.
Pulsatile secretion of growth hormone (GH) persists during continuous stimulation by CJC-1295, a long-acting GH-releasing hormone analog.
Ionescu M, Frohman LA.
Source

Section of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Room 517, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA.
Abstract
CONTEXT:

Pulsatile GH secretion is considered important for many of the hormone's physiological effects. Short-term GHRH infusions enhance GH pulsatility and increase IGF-I, but the short GHRH half-life limits its therapeutic use. A synthetic GHRH analog (CJC-1295) that binds permanently to endogenous albumin after injection (half-life = 8 d) stimulates GH and IGF-I secretion in several animal species and in normal human subjects and enhances growth in rats.
OBJECTIVE:

Our objective was to assess GH pulsatility after a single injection of CJC-1295 and determine which GH secretion parameters correlated to the increase in IGF-I production.
METHODS:

GH pulsatility was assessed by 20-min blood sampling during an overnight 12-h period in healthy 20- to 40-yr-old men before and 1 wk after injection of either 60 or 90 microg/kg CJC-1295.
RESULTS:

GH secretion was increased after CJC-1295 administration with preserved pulsatility. The frequency and magnitude of GH secretory pulses were unaltered. However, basal (trough) GH levels were markedly increased (7.5-fold; P < 0.0001) and contributed to an overall increase in GH secretion (mean GH levels, 46%; P < 0.01) and IGF-I levels (45%; P < 0.001). No significant differences were observed between the responses to the two drug doses. The IGF-I increases did not correlate with any parameters of GH secretion.
CONCLUSIONS:

CJC-1295 increased trough and mean GH secretion and IGF-I production with preserved GH pulsatility. The marked enhancement of trough GH levels by continuous GHRH stimulation implicates the importance of this effect on increasing IGF-I. Long-acting GHRH preparations may have clinical utility in patients with intact pituitary GH secretory capability.

PMID:

Free full text
Old 12-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Dec;291(6):E1290-4. Epub 2006 Jul 5.
Once-daily administration of CJC-1295, a long-acting growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) analog, normalizes growth in the GHRH knockout mouse.
Alba M, Fintini D, Sagazio A, Lawrence B, Castaigne JP, Frohman LA, Salvatori R.
Source

Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA.
Abstract

Although the majority of children with isolated growth hormone (GH) deficiency have a good growth response to GH-releasing hormone (GHRH), the use of this therapeutic agent is limited by its very short half-life. Indeed, we have shown that, in mice with GHRH gene ablation (GHRH knockout; GHRHKO), even twice-daily injections of a GHRH analog are unable to normalize growth. CJC-1295 is a synthetic GHRH analog that selectively and covalently binds to endogenous albumin after injection, thereby extending its half-life and duration of action. We report the effects of CJC-1295 administration in GHRHKO animals. Three groups of 1-wk-old GHRHKO mice were treated for 5 wk with 2 microg of CJC-1295 at intervals of 24, 48, and 72 h. Placebo-treated GHRHKO mice and mice heterozygous for the GHRHKO allele served as controls. GHRHKO animals receiving daily doses of CJC-1295 exhibited normal body weight and length. Mice treated every 48 and 72 h reached higher body weight and length than placebo-treated animals, without full growth normalization. Femur and tibia length remained normal in animals treated every 24 and 48 h. Relative lean mass and subcutaneous fat mass were normal in all treated groups. CJC-1295 caused an increase in total pituitary RNA and GH mRNA, suggesting that proliferation of somatotroph cells had occurred, as confirmed by immunohistochemistry images. These findings demonstrate that treatment with once-daily administration of CJC-1295 is able to maintain normal body composition and growth in GHRHKO mice. The same dose is less effective when administered every 48 or 72 h.

PMID:

Free full text
Old 12-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Mar;91(3):799-805. Epub 2005 Dec 13.
Prolonged stimulation of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I secretion by CJC-1295, a long-acting analog of GH-releasing hormone, in healthy adults.
Teichman SL, Neale A, Lawrence B, Gagnon C, Castaigne JP, Frohman LA.
Source

WinPharm Associates, Alamo, CA 94507, USA.
Abstract
CONTEXT:

Therapeutic use of GHRH to enhance GH secretion is limited by its short duration of action.
OBJECTIVE:

The objective of this study was to examine the pharmacokinetic profile, pharmacodynamic effects, and safety of CJC-1295, a long-acting GHRH analog.
DESIGN:

The study design was two randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, ascending dose trials with durations of 28 and 49 d.
SETTING:

The study was performed at two investigational sites.
PARTICIPANTS:

Healthy subjects, ages 21-61 yr, were studied.
INTERVENTIONS:

CJC-1295 or placebo was administered sc in one of four ascending single doses in the first study and in two or three weekly or biweekly doses in the second study.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:

The main outcome measures were peak concentrations and area under the curve of GH and IGF-I; standard pharmacokinetic parameters were used for CJC-1295.
RESULTS:

After a single injection of CJC-1295, there were dose-dependent increases in mean plasma GH concentrations by 2- to 10-fold for 6 d or more and in mean plasma IGF-I concentrations by 1.5- to 3-fold for 9-11 d. The estimated half-life of CJC-1295 was 5.8-8.1 d. After multiple CJC-1295 doses, mean IGF-I levels remained above baseline for up to 28 d. No serious adverse reactions were reported.
CONCLUSIONS:

Subcutaneous administration of CJC-1295 resulted in sustained, dose-dependent increases in GH and IGF-I levels in healthy adults and was safe and relatively well tolerated, particularly at doses of 30 or 60 microg/kg. There was evidence of a cumulative effect after multiple doses. These data support the potential utility of CJC-1295 as a therapeutic agent.

PMID:
Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
liftsiron
Administrator

Endocrinology. 2005 Jul;146(7):3052-8. Epub 2005 Apr 7.
Human growth hormone-releasing factor (hGRF)1-29-albumin bioconjugates activate the GRF receptor on the anterior pituitary in rats: identification of CJC-1295 as a long-lasting GRF analog.
Jetté L, Léger R, Thibaudeau K, Benquet C, Robitaille M, Pellerin I, Paradis V, van Wyk P, Pham K, Bridon DP.
Source

Department of Research, ConjuChem Inc., 225 President-Kennedy Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X 3Y8.
Abstract

In vivo bioconjugation to the free thiol on Cys34 of serum albumin by a strategically placed reactive group on a bioactive peptide is a useful tool to extend plasma half-life. Three maleimido derivates of human GH-releasing factor (hGRF)(1-29) were synthesized and bioconjugated to human serum albumin ex vivo. All three human serum albumin conjugates showed enhanced in vitro stability against dipeptidylpeptidase-IV and were bioactive in a GH secretion assay in cultured rat anterior pituitary cells. When the maleimido derivatives were individually administered sc to normal male Sprague Dawley rats, an acute secretion of GH was measured in plasma. The best compound, CJC-1295, showed a 4-fold increase in GH area under the curve over a 2-h period compared with hGRF(1-29). CJC-1295, a tetrasubstituted form of hGRF(1-29) with an added N epsilon-3-maleimidopropionamide derivative of lysine at the C terminus, was selected for further pharmacokinetic evaluation, where it was found to be present in plasma beyond 72 h. A Western blot analysis of the plasma of a rat injected with CJC-1295 showed the presence of a CJC-1295 immunoreactive species on the band corresponding to serum albumin, appearing after 15 min and remaining in circulation beyond 24 h. These results led to the identification of CJC-1295 as a stable and active hGRF(1-29) analog with an extended plasma half-life.

PMID:
Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
basskiller
Administrator

Location: My personality is who I am, My attitude is who you are
basskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to behold
I borrowed these for another thread.. Very informative and I believe others can benefit from them
basskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #8
midevil

midevil is on a distinguished road
excellent read and will have to reread to absorb the information. I used allot of peptides a few years ago and liked them.

I have a stash in my freezer and need to revisit the benefits.

Thanks for posting.
midevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by midevil View Post
excellent read and will have to reread to absorb the information. I used allot of peptides a few years ago and liked them.

I have a stash in my freezer and need to revisit the benefits.

Thanks for posting.
or send them my way...

CJC dac, as I always have said, good stuff!
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote