Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Supplements
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
choke

Rolling through Pumped Juice

I want to thank Midwestbeast and Andreas Munzer for the opportunity to log one of their supp's.

This is ironic for me because I have avoided using pre-workout supps historically. I've avoided them not because I did not think that they worked; I avoided them because I did not like how they made me feel when they "kicked in", or the crash that came afterwards.

So, at the age of 46, and being fitness guy who's into the weird stuff (kettlebelle's, Bulgarian Bag, Animal Gymnastics, bodyweight training, etc), and also a 35 year martial artist and active grappling competitor; it seemed like a good idea to give these supps another shot.

Enter MR, and the opportunity to log.
And damn, am I glad that I did.

I am four days into my trial run. I've waited a few days so as to make sure that what I've experienced is not a placebo effect.

I start my day with a cup of coffee and a substantial smoothie. Very thick, and filling. I was curious to learn whether or not drinking Pump Juice would cause some explosiveness outside of the service exit.

I drank down the juice before leaving the house, to go to the gym. 15 minute drive to the gym, lazy amount of time to change, and get my head right and ready, and I am about the 35-45 minute point after drinking a very good tasting supp.

What I noticed, was not a foaming at the mouth, explosive energy. What I felt was this sense of ability. A sense of power to do what I needed to do. Now, I am not a powerlifter, bodybuilder, Oly lifter, none of that. My warm up, would deplete most guys workout. I warm up with kettlebelle's, or a Bulgarian bag. And then I use a DUP modality for Squats, dead's, pull up's, or bench. And then I close out with explosive cardio work via kb's or Bulgarian bag.

It is my goal after every workout to be left with only my mind. Physically depleted. What I felt, after using Pump Juice, on every occasion is a sense of well being post workout; and a sense of mental clarity that I've not had. I am exhausted, but I still feel really really good after a workout.

One of the really cool things about Pump Juice is that there is no crash, once it wears off. And it does not feel like your speeding your nipples off while it's working.

The biggest benefit for me personally, is that I also hit the BJJ mats 3-5 times a week. So, I am now able to hit the mats with an energy level that I am not used to having. As opposed to starting at a deficit, that I try to erase with a cup of coffee, I don't feel the need to do that.

Pump Juice is so tolerable that I've considered taking a second dose on the days that I pull double duty. Meaning, gym days and mat days. But I'm going to hold off on doing that for the time being.

For the first time in... ever... I've become a believer in a pre-workout drink.

More to come.