Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 02-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Signs of Good Digestion

I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “you are what you eat,” but I’d like to take the sentiment one step further to claim you are what you absorb.

Digestion is the complex process by which your body reduces the food you eat into individual nutrients in order to build tissue, supply energy, and destroy pathogens (among other things). Your ability to process food and eliminate wastes is the single most important determinant of good health.
Luckily, our bodies provide us with physical cues when systems are out of balance. Obvious signs of digestive distress include gas, bloating, cramping, constipation, and diarrhea. However, freedom from these symptoms doesn’t necessarily signify good digestion. It’s quite possible that while you don’t suffer from acute digestive distress, you still may not be absorbing available nutrition from the food you eat.

The checklist below outlines what you experience when your digestive system is working smoothly.

You have regular, easy bowel movements – one to three well-formed, light brown, not overly foul smelling stools daily.

You pass gas less than 20 times per day and it is not painful or overly foul smelling.

You have pleasant breath and body odor.

You have sufficient stores of nutrients like iron and B12. There are many causes for anemia and other nutrient deficiencies, but if you eat a nourishing diet and don’t experience blood loss and still suffer from anemia, chances are you’re not properly absorbing certain nutrients from the food you eat.

You have a moderate and regular appetite. You’re hungry upon rising and at regularly scheduled mealtimes without insatiable hunger in between. You feel satisfied after eating a meal and can tolerate mildly spiced foods.

You don’t experience digestive symptoms such as gas, bloating, indigestion, burning, acid reflux, or lethargy and heaviness after eating.
You experience overall good health with a strong immune system, clear complexion, good circulation, adequate energy and good mental clarity.

Even with good digestion you will most likely experience some of these things occasionally, but it’s the regular or chronic occurrence of these symptoms that may indicate an imbalance. One of the most important things we can do for our health is to learn to listen to these sometimes subtle cues and use them to determine which foods make us feel nourished and which foods make us feel drained. A particular diet may not be suitable for all people, and it may not even be suitable for an individual for his or her entire life.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #2
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
I poop
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #3
theprince
Banned

theprince is on a distinguished road
Nice! We'll let this thing grow a bit I think it could help a lot of people out because in my experience, even people with bad digestion have mistakenly thought they had good digestion. Many problems arise from the gut!

Also, according to one of the books I'm reading by Dr. Jensen, even if you go to the bathroom once a day you still can be clinically defined as constipated. It's about toxin elimination and many people have years worth of old grime and sludge in their bowel thats causes not only constipation but it can be a source of rheumatoid arthritis as well!

Ask me how do get rid of it...

Nice thread..
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
theprince
Banned

theprince is on a distinguished road
Here's a natural cure/support for anyone who deals with chronic gas that causes pain and pressure in your abdomen or bowels.

Upon rising take:
1-2 grams of Ginger Root (2-4 capsules if Nature's Way brand) ($6!!!)
Lemon Juice (organic and raw) mixed with some water. Chug
Magnesium Citrate 400 mg (usually about one pill if capped)
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
When I would force feed to bulk I would get majorly contipated and it would end up being counter productive cause then I wouldn’t be able to eat for at least a week until my bowels were empty again. I would even drink tha magnesium citrate and nothing!! That’s what they use at the hospital. But yeah it got that bad. I was taking probiotics, digestive enzymes and stool sifters like candy. Didn’t help. You know what helped? Greens! The best stuff I found is made by 1stphorm. Not only do I go to the bathroom every day now but I can eat more cause my digestion is working better. I have made a lot of progress mass wise just by drinking a glass of Greens every day! Who would have thought veggies would help me grow muscle? Not me.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote