Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cabo Jo
    Vet
    • Aug 2011

Thanks for making me feel like a weak pussy,lol.Good luck in the comp bb your a strong mofo.

Comment

• bufbiker

28 years of training will either make or break you. I've been blessed with natural strength. I used to compete naturally against guys who were juicing. They always beat me but only by a few pounds. this time around it's more for fun than for anything else. Don't care if I win. i just want to push myself to the brink and see how far I can take it.

Comment

• bufbiker

Did modified back and sholder training.
        Modified in that all I am doing are one rep sets.
        Standing Military press (using squat rack) 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 365x1, 365x1
        Dead Lifts - 545x1, 585x1, 625x1, 625x1, 625x1
        Also did some side laterals and front raises and reverse flies. I couldn't stand it so had to do more.

Comment

• bufbiker

Rest day. Back and hams sore.
          Did Christmas shopping this evening. Spent $700 and still haven't bought the wife anything shiney.

Comment

• bufbiker

No work out today. Back still a bit sore. Maybe from work, not working out. Not sure which, but I'll make it up tomorrow.
            Went out and ate a 32oz porter house steak to aid in recovery.

Comment

• Darkness
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bufbiker
              Did modified back and sholder training.
              Modified in that all I am doing are one rep sets.
              Standing Military press (using squat rack) 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 365x1, 365x1
              Dead Lifts - 545x1, 585x1, 625x1, 625x1, 625x1
              Also did some side laterals and front raises and reverse flies. I couldn't stand it so had to do more.

Comment

• bufbiker

I tried the 405 a month ago and couldn't get it up. So my strength is definately improving. Not sure if it's the routine or the t-bol though to be honest. Probably a little bit of both.

Comment

• BikerTrash
                  Vet
                  • Aug 2011

My god.....I been watching this thread and it just hit me ,,,You ARE one STRONG ass Old man ,,,lol.......And the stats are crazy awesome ,5'7" and at your weight WOW.....
                  Your an Ol dude that even this young cat wouldnt cross......
                  Awesome weights your moving around and those numbers gets only solid respect to you .
                  Keep on hittin that shit , your going to do great in your PL meet.

Comment

• Shovel
                    VET
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BikerTrash
                    My god.....I been watching this thread and it just hit me ,,,You ARE one STRONG ass Old man ,,,lol.......And the stats are crazy awesome ,5'7" and at your weight WOW.....
                    Your an Ol dude that even this young cat wouldnt cross......
                    Awesome weights your moving around and those numbers gets only solid respect to you .
                    Keep on hittin that shit , your going to do great in your PL meet.
                    Buffy has had an interesting life. I'm proud to have become acquainted with the man. (nohomo)
                    Semper Fi

Comment

• bufbiker

Thanks Shovel. Much respect back to you brother.

Did arm work out today. Nothing to do with training, more for vanity. I can't stand the arms less than 20".

Olympic Bar curls/super-setted with skull crushers
                      175x10/12, 175x10/12, 185x10/12, 185x10/123, 175x10/12

Then did some wrist curls then some hammer grip wrist curls.
                      Trying to improve my grip on dead lift.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I can't stand the arms less than 20".
                        Hahaha...preach on brutha.

Comment

• bufbiker

Been slacking over the Christmas holiday's. Still have my grandkids at the house, so not sure if I'll get any training done today. Also a nasty looking day outside.
                          Hopefully I'll get a few reps in though at some point today.

Comment

• bufbiker

Hit the weights finally agin today. Kept volume light but weight increased 5lbs.
                            Did warm-ups, then did - 505x1, 525x1, 530x1, 525x1, 505x1, then did 455x8 power pushes resting bar for a count of two on my chest.

My wife has been wanting me to start wearing a belt when I lift due to my belly button turning inside out. My guts are trying to jump out of my belly button. I tried belt today but kept cramping in my obliques and abs. So finally just took it off.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

My wife has been wanting me to start wearing a belt when I lift due to my belly button turning inside out. My guts are trying to jump out of my belly button. I tried belt today but kept cramping in my obliques and abs. So finally just took it off.
                              Did you ever have a hernia before? Sounds like one might be on the brink. I'd play it safe and wear the belt dude - not worth the risk.

Comment

• bufbiker

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                                Did you ever have a hernia before? Sounds like one might be on the brink. I'd play it safe and wear the belt dude - not worth the risk.
                                I think I have the beginnings of one around the belly button for sure. If I wind up having to get surgery I want to wait until after this meet. I don't think it's an immediate threat.

On a different note, I don't think I'm maxxing out yet. My reasoning is that when I do max out I usually can't lift that same weight again on the next set. But being that I hit 530 then hit 525 I'm thinking my max may be more in the 550'ish range.
                                i need to start training in the gym so I can get some spotters. I just hate every one stopping what they are doing to watch me do a lift, which is what usually happens.

Comment

Working...