X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDUB
    Vet
    • Apr 2012

you know your getting old when....

You have a great freaking back workout.....eat a great stir fry.. perfect...life is good

And then go take a poop and hurt your back twisting to wipe your ass.....jesus...I can't have shit...one injury after another, im ok just hate tweaking things so much now and it will not let me lift heavy like in the past, ...yes im old, lol

i'm posting this around cause in one way I thought it was funny, but also wanted some insight from others....

Dub
    sigpic
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

Lmfao I feel your pain

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Sounds like a bitch.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• millenium girl
        • Apr 2006

I twist my back when getting out of bed or putting my shoes on in the morning
        Don't forget to join
        http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
        http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

The 45s still call my name. They whisper " we are lonely, stack a couple more of our pals on the bar with us". "Wimp, the bar isn't even sagging" " I bet if you really put you mind to it, you could DESTROY your old best bench"

I am drawn to the plate rack. My hands hover over 45s. 45s feel SO good in your hands. Heavy makes you grow right? Then reality slaps me in the face. You are one serious injury away from perpetually watching daytime TV with a remote glued to your hand.

I'm good, 250 makes for a nice work out. Light weights, high reps right old guy?
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• choke

Aaahhh.... the ole rucksack back attack cramps...
            I know you remember it JDUB. When ya got that 120 alice on ya, and you have to twist and turn around to yell at joe to f'ing hurra the fuck up. Calling em legs, and REMF's.

I know those pains too.
            I think that I stretch now, as much, if not more than than actual workout.
            And it's paying off.

Comment

• JDUB
              Vet
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by choke
              Aaahhh.... the ole rucksack back attack cramps...
              I know you remember it JDUB. When ya got that 120 alice on ya, and you have to twist and turn around to yell at joe to f'ing hurra the fuck up. Calling em legs, and REMF's.

I know those pains too.
              I think that I stretch now, as much, if not more than than actual workout.
              And it's paying off.
              Yep I know exactly....lol..

you know I don't stretch really except before doing chest, I had a partial tear in my right pec once..fucking was black and blue for a 3 weeks...

Thanks brother I may need to look into that..
              Last edited by JDUB; 05-24-2017, 09:10 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by JDUB
                Yep I know exactly....lol..

you know I don't stretch really except before doing chest, I had a partial tear in my right pec once..fucking was black and blue for a 3 weeks...

Thanks brother I may need to look into that..
                Being 46, and still training, I had to make some drastic changes. I may get shot for treason for saying the following; however...
                I've resorted to doing mostly bodyweight workouts, calisthenic type, stretching; with cardio coming from doing BJJ and Muay Thai sparring. And I've never felt physically better, I have to say.

I've attached a link to a specific stretching program that I think that you will find useful. Hell... anyone can hit the link. it goes to one of my Dropbox folders. There is a PDF and a Zip file with an 18 minute stretching session. You'll feel amazing afterwards.

*ETA: it may take a few minutes from the time of this posting for the video to have been uploaded. So if it is not there, try again in a little while. It's a large file.

Comment

• JDUB
                  Vet
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by choke
                  Being 46, and still training, I had to make some drastic changes. I may get shot for treason for saying the following; however...
                  I've resorted to doing mostly bodyweight workouts, calisthenic type, stretching; with cardio coming from doing BJJ and Muay Thai sparring. And I've never felt physically better, I have to say.

I've attached a link to a specific stretching program that I think that you will find useful. Hell... anyone can hit the link. it goes to one of my Dropbox folders. There is a PDF and a Zip file with an 18 minute stretching session. You'll feel amazing afterwards.

*ETA: it may take a few minutes from the time of this posting for the video to have been uploaded. So if it is not there, try again in a little while. It's a large file.
                  Im 46 as well....thanks for the link, im going to give it a try when I get back from vacation WED...

thanks again.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Birdman
                    Vet
                    • Jan 2016

Yah, I scored myself a back spasm putting on my socks one morning.

-Birdman
                    "You going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Fuck aging - I still kill everything like I did when I was 25!

BUT ........... due to past injuries, no more barbell squats, no more flat barbell benches, and no deads over 405, and I never go under 6 reps - usually in the 8-12 range on compounds and 12-15 on isolations. I still go relatively heavy for my age on other basics like leg press, hacks, barbell rows, t-bar rows, incline press, military press, press behind neck, flat, incline & overhead db presses. Just avoid any exercise that causes pain & kill it is what I do.

Comment

• water43
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2010

amen brutha ,I try to kill it as well but have my limitations......but every now and then I feel good and spunky so I hit the deads until I feel that familiar pinch in my back or hip but squats hmmm.... well that's really hard on my hips/back but screw it I might attempt some but real slo/light
                        the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

Working...