Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Peak-Muscle > News and Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Freezerdude

Whiplash a Bad way to start a week

So like the title says what a shitty week it's been so far, there's been several things that has made it real shitty but this kinda sticks in my craw a little more than the other shitty things my so called good buddies pulled on me so far this week..lol, Well I was coming home from taking the wife to work since we're having vehicle troubles and ar down to 1 right now and it's raining pretty good, I have wipers on intermittent so I look down to turn wippers over to high and as I laid my eyes back on the windshield all I seen was brake lights and airbags!! It happened so fast I didn't even have time to touch the brakes!! Well I got out of the blazer and walked away without a scratch.. but holy shit the next morning (tue) and this morning (wed)it's all I can do to type this, due to forearm pain,backache,headache, and a stiff neck from hell!!! I would guess this is what's called whiplash? Never had it but it sure sounds like it.. I know one thing it hurt like hell!
Even though I rear ended the tractor trailor I wasn't ticketed because a car had came over on the truck switching lanes this is why the big rig was all but stopped and I had the cruise set on almost 70.. I've from 0 to 70 many,many times but this is the first time I went from 70 to 0 in a couple seconds!! I was really lucky and I've thanked God several times daily ever since that I was alone and didn't have any of my girls with me or it's highly likely one of them would have been killed or hurt badly! Ok vent over..

blazer crash.jpg
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Things could have been much worse. I'm glad you were not badly injured Freezer!
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
You've had a rough week my friend, but thank God you're alive. Find a good (with referrals) chiropractor and you should recover quickly.

You're in my prayers...and the kids as well. Get well soon!
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
willi
Banned

willi is just really nicewilli is just really nicewilli is just really nicewilli is just really nice
Sorry to hear that Freezerdude. Thats a shocking story.

I had a friend who rearended a stopped car on the freeway and he was doing 70ish.

Thank God you survived.

Get well.
willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Take care bro.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Number-LL
Vet

Number-LL is a jewel in the roughNumber-LL is a jewel in the roughNumber-LL is a jewel in the roughNumber-LL is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear. I hope you have a fast recovery.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.
Number-LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
just glad your all right old friend and i very glad the kids werent with you
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
Freezerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz View Post
You've had a rough week my friend, but thank God you're alive. Find a good (with referrals) chiropractor and you should recover quickly.

You're in my prayers...and the kids as well. Get well soon!
Man O Man your not kidding rough is putting it mildly! But it could always be worse.. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers my friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy69 View Post
just glad your all right old friend and i very glad the kids werent with you
Me to Ozzy old buddy it could have really been bad, I had just dropped the wife off at work,, Man If my girls would have been with me it would have been terrible. Thank God they weren't!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
storman230
VET

storman230 is on a distinguished road
thats shitty freeze, im glad your alright bro
storman230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
~R~F~G~
Vet

~R~F~G~ will become famous soon enough
That ICC bar on the truck is unforgiving Bro. Glad you're able to tell the story. Being a trucker I've seen too many times a car do what you did and no on was able to walk away. That's a pretty good crash test on a blazer. I'd be getting a new one just like it.
~R~F~G~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
juced_porkchop
Vet

juced_porkchop will become famous soon enough
I Was also in a car accident, I was rear ended and felt ok that day, the next 3 days where ALOT of pain from whip lash. then months later spinal issues. 6 yrs later now and my back is in pain daily + migraines and anxiety from the stress/issues.

Just because you walked away does NOT mean your fine.
You should go to doc and get xrays and then in a few months get xrays again (MRI's)

Hope you are ok.
Atleast I got a medical MJ card out of it.... :-/ I dont even like the stuff anymore most of time but im in so much pain.... and pain pills and/or xanax is not something I want to take for life.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
Dude you are a lucky man...
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote