Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 05-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
Bicepts101
VET

Bicepts101 will become famous soon enough
Whats you method with carbs?

So it has taken me a very long time to put diet before steroids. Honestly, terrible way to go, but i learned my lesson. Took about 15 years of exercise before i started considering a regimin for diet.

So im only about 1 year into anything you could call serious in regards to diet. Been taking baby steps for about 5.

So i was interested in what everyone does when it comes to bread and pasta simple sugars etc. Specifically on holidays, bbqs, special events. For example yesterday for mothers day i grilled for my mother in law cause thats what she wanted.

We had
Steak
Burgers
Hot dogs
Sausage
Salad pickles
Pasta salad all that.

So i have a rule of thumb to just completly avoid all the bread, pasta, sugar( no dessert but had blueberries).

Anyone else stat strong in front of the crowd, (honestly) and avoid putting a bun on the burger/dog etc?

I ate all the meat with salad and corn. I alway feel so proud that i didnt give in. Its getting so easy honestly.

Truefully what did you do yesterday with your food decisions? I had 3 spoonfuls of pasta salad. Thats my confession..do you have one?
Bicepts101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
krustus
VET

krustus will become famous soon enoughkrustus will become famous soon enough
i personally don't avoid carbs... if i can hit my calorie and protein goals daily i can reach my goal bodyfat without too much hassle..

i will say i have never dieted down for a contest ..and i do believe there may be some benefits for most to do lower carb at those low bodyfat levels..

last summer with basically an IIFYM approach i got to pretty lean levels...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krustus oct 19 2016.jpg (57.7 KB, 30 views)
krustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I stay fairly lean on moderate carbs. When I see some extra fat creeping up I lower carbs to 100 grams for a week or two.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
I am learning that I do much better low carbs. I just returned to my pre surgery weight last week. I am actually doing really well on low carbs this time. I usually hate it. I was lucky yesterday though. The meal was Corn Beef and Cabbage so just avoided the potatoes. While everyone was making chocolate covered strawberries for dessert, I ate a couple of plain ones. Stay away from the processed meats though. Lots of them are made with plenty of sugar in them.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
Bicepts101
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustus View Post
i personally don't avoid carbs... if i can hit my calorie and protein goals daily i can reach my goal bodyfat without too much hassle..

i will say i have never dieted down for a contest ..and i do believe there may be some benefits for most to do lower carb at those low bodyfat levels..

last summer with basically an IIFYM approach i got to pretty lean levels...
Lookin good my friend? Do you run gh?
Old 05-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #6
Bicepts101
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I am learning that I do much better low carbs. I just returned to my pre surgery weight last week. I am actually doing really well on low carbs this time. I usually hate it. I was lucky yesterday though. The meal was Corn Beef and Cabbage so just avoided the potatoes. While everyone was making chocolate covered strawberries for dessert, I ate a couple of plain ones. Stay away from the processed meats though. Lots of them are made with plenty of sugar in them.
I dont eat processed meat more then once every 2 weeks about. If i do i shoot for stuff with out sugar if possible. I dont eat lunch meat.

Whats everyone take on cheese. I refuse to give up cheese. I gave up milk and whey protein but i wont give up cheese. Fuck breads mothers and fuck refined sugar mom also. Found a solid bbq sauce that is sugar free.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
like others said, I do better on low carbs, while protein is always high...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #8
Dawgpound_Hank

I'm so used to eating the same stuff that I stopped looking at it as a diet many years ago and look at it as a lifestyle. I pretty much live on chicken breasts, ground turkey, eggs, broccoli, asparagus. My carbs usually are in 2 meals ed - first is breakfast which is a bowl of bran cereal with banana and/or strawberries, topped with honey Gotta get that big fiber meal in for digestive health.. My next carb meal is post w.o which will have some rice or potatoe in it. The rest of my meals are chicken/turkey with broccoli or asparagus only. I like all those foods so I don't feel like it's "work" by any means. I do indulge a couple times ew when going out to eat, but most of the time it's on point.

I stay fairly lean with decent lines doing the above. Obviously if I was cutting to do a show, I would tweak it.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #9
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
I'm so used to eating the same stuff that I stopped looking at it as a diet many years ago and look at it as a lifestyle. I pretty much live on chicken breasts, ground turkey, eggs, broccoli, asparagus.
Nailed it DPH. I think that is why I am more successful with it now. Just an attitude of lifestyle vs the chore of a type of diet. Long term verses a cutting goal. Psychologically it makes it easier. Also if you go off for a meal or 2 no big deal the goal is long term.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #10
Bicepts101
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Nailed it DPH. I think that is why I am more successful with it now. Just an attitude of lifestyle vs the chore of a type of diet. Long term verses a cutting goal. Psychologically it makes it easier. Also if you go off for a meal or 2 no big deal the goal is long term.
Yes i agree i have the same mind set. I dont plan falling back at all. But during the winter i may just take in more cals and a little more carbs.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #11
GFKINGKONG
VET

GFKINGKONG has a spectacular aura aboutGFKINGKONG has a spectacular aura about
Until dieting I can't say I "watch" my carbs. I try to have my base meals with "X" amount of protein and carbs, but if out I'll chow down on a double bacon cheeseburger or plow some chinese or sushi. When I was 19 and started BB I was carrying around a tub of chicken breasts and tub of old fashion oats. 1-1.5 chicken, 4 dry scoops of oatmeal washed down with water 7 times a day lol. Later on in years the same but a more safe approach(I carried that damn tub everywhere often times with no refrigeration) so as not to get salmonella. No matter what age you start if you have had any number of years on a "regimented" eating system I think for the most part unless you are trying to break the barrier your body as set for weight or lose weight there's no real need to "diet". I will still never comprehend how some of the guys like Steve Kuklo and Justin were able to get in 5-700g of carbs a day for days in a row. I always had a hard time getting food in to grow and carbs made me feel even more uncomfortable and bloated when I tried to go anything above a max of 60g of carbs per meal 5 days a week.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #12
Bicepts101
VET

I thinknwe are taking the word diet a little to literally. Im just trying to discuss how you choose to eat your carbs, timing etc.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #13
GFKINGKONG
VET

GFKINGKONG has a spectacular aura aboutGFKINGKONG has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepts101 View Post
I thinknwe are taking the word diet a little to literally. Im just trying to discuss how you choose to eat your carbs, timing etc.
Lol. It’s in our nature to dissect everything to much! As far as timing I do an egg beater and a can of pears in water PW an hour later Eggs and whole wheat toast(grain) then start my meals for the day every 2.5 hours. I cant say I “time” my intake any. I use everything from special K bars, granola bars, wild rice, white rice and just eat after my protein.

Last edited by GFKINGKONG; 06-07-2018 at 12:48 PM..
GFKINGKONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #14
legaljuicer
VET

legaljuicer is on a distinguished road
I take my carbs in before 5pm. low carb days 150 and high carb days 400
Old 06-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
When I try to limit my carbs, I consume mostly rice cake (tomato basil) as my source of carbs, besides pre workout where I have a cup of oats...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote