X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicken_hawk
    VET
    • May 2018

It's on like Donkey Kong... Opening a gym

For background and pics see my previous post : http://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37106

For an update read on. Originally, I was going to take my limited savings and help my buddy open a serious athetes gym. Since then he has a very timid personality making us realize he could never be the face of the company. His procrastination has placed him in more of a financial bind and desperate.

So, I am going to own the company. I will bring the start up and he will bring the his equipment. We have met with the accountant and talked it over with a few business minds and they are down with the idea.

In a nutshell we are looking at places near a major hwy 70 which runs across the state and country. We will be centrally located to over 300k. We will be geared to the serious lifter of any shape and size. People who are fed up with commercial gyms. Membership will be 65 a month with vet, first responder, school and couple discounts.

Oops wife is calling,
    Hawk
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I always wanted to be a gym owner. Good luck with everything.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Good luck Hawk!

Comment

• Big B
        Banned
        • Jan 2016

Awesome, brother! I'll be anxious to see the finished product...

Comment

• chicken_hawk
          VET
          • May 2018

We looked at a few places and made an offer on 4k in a very slow shopping center but with an ideal location. It used to be a hot spot 15yrs ago until they built a mall and every new chain moved across town. However, the street is slammed with traffic, fast food, 2 groceries and mom n pops. But, the franchises are near the mall for double the rent. 5 mins from major east west hwy. And around 10 from major north south hwy.

We would have some build out and demo since the price is so dam low the aren't willing to do any but exterior is in great shape as is the parking lot. So we are waiting patiently for a response.

Hawk

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

Congrats. Good luck. My dream life, owning a gym.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• mrhtbd
              • Apr 2015

There's nothing like a hardcore gym! Some of the best I've known started in the basements of old buildings, where if I got dizzy after sets of squats I would stumble across the room because the floor wasn't level! Good stuff! Sounds like you guys have a good plan!

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                VET
                • May 2018

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                There's nothing like a hardcore gym! Some of the best I've known started in the basements of old buildings, where if I got dizzy after sets of squats I would stumble across the room because the floor wasn't level! Good stuff! Sounds like you guys have a good plan!

Thanks brother! We have looked at a few places in some dead strip malls for a low price. We have one offer in and are waiting to hear back. Here's to hoping.

Hawk

If you're ever in KC you'll have to stop by.

Comment

• legaljuicer
                  VET
                  • May 2005

Very cool
                  Being a Ninja and working in the shadows to be a Beast next year

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                    VET
                    • May 2018

Originally posted by legaljuicer
                    Very cool
                    Thanks, we should here back on our first space early next week. Lot's to do after that.

Comment

Working...