Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Supplements
User Name
Password

Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #16
Rocky07

what is the best way to go about doing this?...drop the Glutamine, pick up BCAA?...take both? i mean am i gonna benefit any physically from taking glutamine pills? or am i wasting time
Old 01-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #17
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky07 View Post
what is the best way to go about doing this?...drop the Glutamine, pick up BCAA?...take both? i mean am i gonna benefit any physically from taking glutamine pills? or am i wasting time
BCAA's are superior imo, but it can't hurt to take both.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
Rocky07

guess ill be makin another trip to Vitamin Shoppe lol
Old 01-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #19
MuscleMessiah

MuscleMessiah is on a distinguished road
I used to take glutamine routinely, but I felt it didn't benefit me at all so I stick to what I can feel and see work like the bcaa s and good ol' food. I feel I get glutamine from some of my pre workout sups and proteins that if there is a benefit that I'm getting it anyway but I'm not gonna waste money on it anymore... thats a good read Lifts

...The same thing we do everyday Pinky..
MuscleMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #20
Hawaiianpride.

not worthless but doesn't provide what many labels claim.

leucine ftw.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #21
Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible is on a distinguished road
so carbs > glutamine at stopping excercise induced cortisol and immune depression.

Also what BCAA are you talking about taking pre and PWO Lifts, just straight isolate or what?
Mr Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #22
Rocky07

Mr. Incredible....i have nooooo idea lol...i have never taken glutamine b4 until now and didnt know what bcaa was until Lifts said something about it.

what would u recommend i do here? im just lookin for some dietary supplements that promote fat loss and lean muscle gain that actually do work. im taking the glutamine peptide that i bought just for the sake of not wasting it but i havent bought any bcaa yet...was gonna buy it tomorrow when i get off work
Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #23
Aldrich

Thanks for sharing the info about the glutamine and the all post is based on the research and true saying one.... Thanks for acknowledging the community about the glutamine and have some more please if you have any of this kind........ Thanks in advance.....
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #24
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
I only use glutamine for intestinal and immune health only.

BMJ
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #25
Mr Incredible

I always thought of it as more an imune system bolster than anything
Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
GetBigger

imo you get all the bcaa's and glutamine thro a proper diet and there is no need for supplementation.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #27
Mr Incredible

Evan Centopani dissagrees though;

see about 3min onwards in the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enxdv...embedded#at=15
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Declan

Hi all,
very nice and informational posts about the supplements,
please keep sharing and posting here guys,
thanks !!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #29
strongarm
Vet

strongarm is on a distinguished road
Glutamine is still good for other things with health, like for your gut and stress. So i woudlnt knock it out altogether.
strongarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #30
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongarm View Post
Glutamine is still good for other things with health, like for your gut and stress. So i woudlnt knock it out altogether.
I'm in agreement with you, I personally feel it has benefits, I just reposted a thread to garner debate.