Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > HGH, IGF-1, Insulin and Thyroid
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
How to use insulin safely

Please read carefully!!!!!

Insulin is the most anabolic hormone you can take. On the other hand its also one of the most dangerous for two reasons availability and ignorance. I will be the first to tell you that every time I have been hypoglycemic (when blood sugar drops to dangerous levels) its has been as a result of something I did wrong. Used responsibility and with respect for the potential sides it is quite safe and extremely effective. That being said we'll start off with what you are going to need.

Equipment:
There are several types of insulin out there but for our purposes we are only interested in two. The first being my favorite Humulin R and the other being a bit newer to the body building community Humalog.

Humulin R is the most widely used and time tested insulin in our arsenal. It has a max duration of 4hrs and its peak can been seen around 2hrs after injection. This becomes particularly important when planning out you meals for the day so keep the timetables in mind.

Humalog is a bit newer but some feel just as effective and a bit safer. Humalog has a max duration of 2hrs and its peak can be seen around 1hr after injection. When selecting to use one or the other keep in mind your schedule, meals, and physical activity for the day as it will all play a role. One other point that needs mentioning is that Humulin R is available over the counter at pretty much every pharmacy in the country for about $25 for 10ml (which will last you a very long time) and Humalog is available only through a prescription or over the black market for a price about double that of Humulin R. When approaching a pharmacist keep in mind that its a lot more convincing if you buy the needles at the same time you get the insulin. This way they are less likely to refuse to sell it to you which they have been known to do from time to time. If this should happen just continue on to the next pharmacy and despite what they tell you "you dont need a prescription" it might be their store policy to see one but legally it is not required and if you make enough of a fuss you will get what you need.

The next thing you will need is the actual needles for injection. These are not the same type that you would use for anabolics or other androgens. The type of needles you will need are U100 insulin needles. That is exactly what you need to say when are trying to buy them. A box of 100 will usually run about $15-$25 and again will last you quite a while.

NOTE: Be fore warned now, using a syringe labeled with cc/ml or anything other than u100 is potentially fatal. The difference between the amount of insulin used for our purpose and that which will kill you is less than 1/2 a cc.

The next two things I think you will need and I highly recommend having on you is a wrist watch with a chronograph (stopwatch) and glucose tabs and/or a can of soda. First I'll explain the wrist watch. The stop watch is to be started immediately after the injection and monitored periodically to keep track of what is in your body and how long it is active. This can also be used to determine whether or not you are feeling side effects or simply just nerves from the fear that follows using for the first time. For instance I always use Humulin R which we know has a duration of 4 hours and a peak at 2 hours. This means that the greatest effects will be felt somewhere between 1-1/2 to 2 hours after injection and then they will steadily lessen till it is no longer active 4 hours after injection. When you use a stopwatch you have an accurate record of when you felt the effects which will become more important as you get more experienced using insulin. The glucose tabs are your safety net. If you are feeling hypo (hypoglycemic) these tabs will return your blood sugar levels to a safe range where you can get some food. They are available at all pharmacies for about $1.00. I have also used a soda. Soda is high in simple carbs which act quickly when blood sugar is low and allow you to get to a safe range where you can get some food in you. Now that we've covered all the equipment needed to safely use insulin we'll move on to dosage diet and scheduling.

Dosage diet and scheduling:
Whenever you start insulin its always wise to start at a lower dose and taper up over the first couple of days of use. Insulin is still new in our community and there is a potential for becoming diabetic so don't take chances start small more is not better where insulin is concerned more is simply more fat and more dangerous. This is a schedule I use when just starting insulin:

day1: 5iu's post workout
day2: 6iu's post workout
day3: 7iu's post workout
day4: 8iu's post workout
day5: 9iu's post workout
day6: 10iu's post workout
day7: same as day 6

This concludes week once from here on out this is how I proceed. If I am going to be increasing my dose even further.

day8-10: 10iu's morning, 10iu's post workout
day11-14: 10iu's morning, 10iu's noon, 10iu's post workout
day15 and on: increase post workout dose till I start to feel symptoms of hypoglycemia and then back the dose down accordingly. NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR ADVANCED USERS, DON'T EXCEED THE DAY 7 DOSE TILL YOU GET SOME TIME UNDER YOUR BELT. I AM NOT KIDDING YOU WILL DIE!!!

Your diet will depend on the amount of slin you take per injection. The rule is 10 grams of carbs per IU of insulin. Therefore if you take 10iu's at an injection you need 100 grams of carbs. This is a bit overkill the actual figure is about 5-7 grams but its best to stick with the 10 rule while starting out. I feel that the best most accurate way to consume the proper amount of carbs after an injection is through MRP's or other shakes. The amounts of carbs on these are far more accurate than those you will find on the back of a bread bag. My meals are usually layed out like this:

7am: 10iu's insulin, shake
9am: shake
12pm: 10iu's insulin, lunch
2pm: shake
4pm: shake
6pm: workout
7pm: 10iu's insulin, shake, higher in carbs than others
9pm: dinner
11pm: safe for bed

If you'll notice there is a method to the madness above. After taking your first injection if insulin you will need a shake immediately. After this you are good for the next 2 hrs till the insulin peaks. Once you hit the 2hr mark you will need more carbs either another shake or a meal with sufficient carbs. After you have cleared the 4hr mark you will be clear from danger. Now this is all based on using Humulin R. If you are using Humalog you will need to take your first meal after injection and another "1hr" after. Then after the 2hr mark you will be safe. My shakes are made up of 1/2 pack of MetRX (berry) and 2 scoops GNC brand weight gainer (vanilla) and 16oz of whole milk. This shake has a caloric value of about 800 cals and around 50grams of protein and 150+grams of carbs. This is a good meal for those starting out. As you progress though you will want to decrease the carbs and eliminate the fat completely to maximize lean mass gains and minimize water and fat retention but for the purposes of starting out simply taking T3 will offset any fat gained. One thing to keep in mind is that T3 will reduce your sensitivity to insulin allowing you to take a higher dose but again save this till you get some more time in.

Side effects and procedures:
After injection and starting your stopwatch your first task is to get some carbs in. Next the first sides you will feel is tired. This is normal and is to be expected. You will usually feel this somewhere between 15-30 minutes after your injection. The key here is not to sleep, if you sleep you wont feel further more dangerous sides and therefore you wont be able to save your ass. The next thing you need to do is have another meal/shake at the 2hr mark. If you miss this just get it in as soon as possible. If you delay long enough you will start to feel hypo around 3 to 3-1/2 hours after injection. When this happens you will feel a sort of numbness that I can only relate to ephedrine. After this you will start to get some shakes in your hands followed by a cold sweat. Once you get to this point you are full blown hypo, the next thing that will follow will be a bit of tunnel vision and this is as far as I’ve been after this its all textbook I imagine coma will follow shortly after passing out. When you get the symptoms listed above don’t hesitate. Get some soda/glucose tabs followed by a meal or shake. One other fact I neglected to mention is that a mix of carbs is necessary when consuming a meal. Simple carbs are used to quickly and complex don’t kick in fast enough. A good mix is the way to go
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
I've had great success using insulin and hgh together. The two seem to kick everything into high gear.
This should be a sticky.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #3
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Dragon are you the author? If not, who is?

Good read and I like how they stress how dangerous messing with slin can be. I think when running slin, especially in higher amounts and/or several times a day, it is a good idea to notify a close one - wife, good friend, whateva - that you are running it and to inform them of what can happen, and how to help you if you do go hypo to a point that you can't help yourself.

I don't like all those shakes in the feeding times. I only seen 2 actual food meals listed, which isn't necessary as long as you are eating the right foods/quick carbs. Shakes do however make for being convenient, but end of the day I would prefer 4 food meals, with 2 shakes opposed to the opposite.

I experimented with slin 2x - both back in '05. I ran R, and after starting low (3 iu post-w.o), I gradually built up to 15 iu post-w.o over the course of 4 weeks. I never did go hypo, but I was super safe about it. I started at the 10g carbs per iu, but as the article stated, it's overkill for most, and eventually worked down to 5g carbs per iu with no hypo sides. I never did get the results that many see - maybe a lil smoother/fatter.

Funny thing is the ONLY time I have ever went hypo was when NOT running slin. I was using Cell Tech. I took 2 scoops at work, and about an hour later I was out on the floor and BOOM, it hit sudden and was obvious af. Immediately started sweating profusely as if it was 120 degrees outside, but it was a cold sweat. Also got dizzy, and hands started shaking like crazy. I didn't have any idea what was happening since I wasn't running slin, and it was before I even knew about slin, so I didn't even know what hypo was. I just went and took a break, and chugged down a large bottle of water. The hypo affects only lasted for about 5 mins total, and went away. I can't explain why it happened, but all I can guess is that being 2 scoops of that stuff has 75g of dextrose, along with 200mg ALA, when the sugar buzz ran off, my blood sugar levels must have plummeted - I dunno, just guessing. Maybe the ALA with it played a role since I think it makes one more sensitive to slin - all I know is that is the only time I ever experienced going hypo, and it was pretty scary when ya don't have any clue of wtf is going on.

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 10-17-2019 at 11:14 PM..
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Very good article.

I have never had the balls to go there. It is a bit late for me now. I don't see and titles in my future.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post
Dragon are you the author? If not, who is?

Good read and I like how they stress how dangerous messing with slin can be. I think when running slin, especially in higher amounts and/or several times a day, it is a good idea to notify a close one - wife, good friend, whateva - that you are running it and to inform them of what can happen, and how to help you if you do go hypo to a point that you can't help yourself.

I don't like all those shakes in the feeding times. I only seen 2 actual food meals listed, which isn't necessary as long as you are eating the right foods/quick carbs. Shakes do however make for being convenient, but end of the day I would prefer 4 food meals, with 2 shakes opposed to the opposite.

I experimented with slin 2x - both back in '05. I ran R, and after starting low (3 iu post-w.o), I gradually built up to 15 iu post-w.o over the course of 4 weeks. I never did go hypo, but I was super safe about it. I started at the 10g carbs per iu, but as the article stated, it's overkill for most, and eventually worked down to 5g carbs per iu with no hypo sides. I never did get the results that many see - maybe a lil smoother/fatter.

Funny thing is the ONLY time I have ever went hypo was when NOT running slin. I was using Cell Tech. I took 2 scoops at work, and about an hour later I was out on the floor and BOOM, it hit sudden and was obvious af. Immediately started sweating profusely as if it was 120 degrees outside, but it was a cold sweat. Also got dizzy, and hands started shaking like crazy. I didn't have any idea what was happening since I wasn't running slin, and it was before I even knew about slin, so I didn't even know what hypo was. I just went and took a break, and chugged down a large bottle of water. The hypo affects only lasted for about 5 mins total, and went away. I can't explain why it happened, but all I can guess is that being 2 scoops of that stuff has 75g of dextrose, along with 200mg ALA, when the sugar buzz ran off, my blood sugar levels must have plummeted - I dunno, just guessing. Maybe the ALA with it played a role since I think it makes one more sensitive to slin - all I know is that is the only time I ever experienced going hypo, and it was pretty scary when ya don't have any clue of wtf is going on.

Unfortunately I am not. I found this article on another site but could not find any references. I thought it would be great for educating insulin users and those who want to try cycling insulin.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote