X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mrhtbd
    Ah, the Smith, 220lbs on the lat pulldown stack.
    Hit it for 10x10 behind-the-neck pulldown back in 2004, those were the days.
    Don't have access to one now, but I loved the set-up for dips and low cable pulley as well.
    Bench ing with it always felt a but cramped, not my line.
    I think that you have the wrong machine in mind.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• BikerTrash
      Vet
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by liftsiron
      I think that you have the wrong machine in mind.
      Lol ,,Getting older plays hell with the memory .......

Comment

• baby1
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BikerTrash
        Lol ,,Getting older plays hell with the memory .......
        Lol! Isn't that the truth!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Oh shite, I was writing about the Nautalis machine, whoa. Too many things on my mind lately.
          Actually, though, I use the Smith machine every shoulder workout. I like the one with the slight incline off-center.
          I put a bench perpendicular to the bar, and straddle it.
          I only put 70-75 lbs on the bar, because the one in our gym has a lot of drag and that's enough for me to get 6x12 which I now superset with leg presses.
          I grab the bar with the outsides of my hands against the collars, as wide as I can go, and do behind-the-neck presses.
          I roll my elbows forward at the bottom and press up and back. I sit with the incline going up towards my back. Going up and forward always put stress on my lumbar.
          Doing Smith presses up and back like these over the years has helped with my shoulder width, but more importantly, helped to increase the up and backward rotation of my rotary cuffs.
          Standing with thumbs together arms over-head, I can move my hands about 8" behind my head without bending with my back.
          Years ago I read that shoulder cuff injuries ranked in the top three of bio-mechanical injuries related with aging.
          This is generally due to a dislocation, like, someone is falling and grabs for something and the shoulder is hyperextended and dislocates.
          In addition to maintaining my shoulder flexibility, I just love having my wings spread like a giant Pheonix.
          One of my quirks.

Comment

• bufbiker

I only use it for seate military presses, and then only if I want to go 405 or more. I prefer free weights being as the Smith doesn't allow for natural movement, everything is straight up and down.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Originally posted by bufbiker
              I only use it for seate military presses, and then only if I want to go 405 or more. I prefer free weights being as the Smith doesn't allow for natural movement, everything is straight up and down.
              Animal!

Comment

• bufbiker

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                Animal!
                That's usually only one to two reps.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Must be your aerobic day!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Thats all?? Pussy!

Comment

• bufbiker

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                      Thats all?? Pussy!
                      Yeah I know. Right?

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Yeah I know. Right?
                        Considering that your military is my INCLINE , hell yeah!lol Much respect brutha - that military would impress the best of them at any age - not to mention doing that at 55. Fucking unreal, sick, insane, etc.

Comment

• bufbiker

To be honest I'm stronger than I've ever been and look better than I've ever looked at this advanced age. Like a bottle of fine wine, I'm just getting better with age!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Damn, bro, didn't know you were older than me (3 yrs) somehting to look forward to for sure, tho I doubt I'll ever do a 405 military press, gotta be real.

Comment

• Freezerdude

That is Impressive! Like the man said at any age but 55 shit the bed!!!

Comment

• bufbiker

Better living through chemistry. But most of the strength is god-given to be fair. In prison they called me cock-strong. Just have the natural strength I guess.

Comment

Working...