• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Domenic963

I had half of something long typed out,
    but it's not worth it.
    Agree to disagree.

Men/Women are not created equal.
    What works for one doesn't work for another.

That's all I'll contribute.

Chrissy I hope you tune up your routine & diet and you do drop some weight.
    Being fat is miserable.

Comment

• chrissy

OK so I've started running on the treadmill, Walk for 2 mins and run for 3mins, this is very hard for me and my heart rate is 175 doing this. I can push myself for 45 mins doing this. I do it 3x a week and the other 2 days I am on the crosstrainer and I keep my heart rate at about 170 for the whole 45 mins.

I do belong to a gym it opens at 6am. I try to get outside now thats its nicer out there, walks with the family in the evening etc.

I am sticking to Salmon, tuna ,chicken and cottage cheese for protein.

Complex Carbs are brown rice and fiber one( I love this crap) and Oatmeal in the morning.

I have also increased my H20 intake to 14(8oz) glasses.

All of this worked 2 years ago when I lost 60lbs....I'm just fustrated its not working again.

I am also going to get my Thyroid checked soon because my mom just found out she has a thyroid disorder, and I am going to get checked for diabetes just to be on the safe side.

I am using the gym and all this cardio for stress management more than anything.... I am an emotional eater and I have a ton of stress at home this is why I do great for a while and then boom...I'll gain it all back plus 20 more pounds! I want it to end and I need a better stress management system. I wish I wouldn't get crazy cravings all the time, but I do.

Thank you for all your help, I'll give it a whirl and see how it work for me. I'm ready to try anything!!

Comment

• Balanced1

Chrissy you are getting all the right advice, and I too was 200lbs and hormones can play a role in your weight; two things i read, you are stressed; stress releases cortisol - when you have high cortisol; fat stores around mid section...2nd thing thryoid, yes do indeed check it, drs may say normal is between 1-5 but to really be normal and lose weight 1-2 is best range so ask for copy for your records; also check your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone and dhea levels...as you age, they decrease and you may not have enough hormones or if you are on pill it can affect your weight....so Chrissy, don't give up, it took me 5 yrs to reach my goal of 120, the first I was eating right, but again, I was not eating enough protein, so definitely take everyone's advice on that, continue to exercise including weight training, and I was always told to warm up on treadmill for 5 mins then do weight training, then do cardio at the end..I may be wrong on that...walking with the family is great but not enough to increase metabolism..just my opinion...but at least you are moving. If will come off, but do check out those concerns and rule that out and don't give up!!! YOU CAN DO IT.
        Connie Allen, CNC

Comment

• Thate
          Vet
          • Mar 2007

getting your heartrate up to 170 is kind of high Chrissy! Keep it at 130 for 45 minutes straight imo.

Comment

• meateater

Originally posted by chrissy
            ok so from what I've read...increase lean protein, cut carbs and cardio a little and start lifting weights.......
            correct

Comment

• Sadie

hun if your heart rate is that high slow down.. cardio does get easier but try to stay around 125-135.. high intensity is not muscle friendly especially for long periods of time and i would think that is stressful on your body as well.. looks like you are on the right track though keep us up on how the progress goes

Comment

• chrissy

Thanks Everyone, I'll keep you posted on whats going on. I take all the advice here and put it to good use!!

Comment

• black7
                  Vet
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by -JP-
                  And I only see cardio in your routine weight training is one of the most effective tools for weight loss. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.
                  marry me
                  Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• black7
                    Vet
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Domenic963
                    I'm absolutely NOT a firm believer that:

"weight training is one of the most effective tools for weight loss. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn."

All I do is fucking lift hard and yea I may never do cardio but my diet is clean enough that I should not be as fat as I am (yes I'm bitter).

I don't know my percentage but it's not me being nitpicky.
                    I'm 5'10'' 325lbs (on cycle 4 weeks in) with a flabby belly but Hulk shoulders and back, tree trunk legs and pretty large arms (to the normal human).

I think for a 260 lb woman, that's bad advice to the extent that you said:

"the weight will fly off"

Weight doesn't fly off. Especially if an obese woman is weight training. IMO
                    It doesn't HURT .. but FLYING off is definitely extreme.

Fat people shouldn't touch weights until they get some mounds of flesh off their body.

And I'm not sayin this to be mean,
                    I'm sayin this bc I see trainers get these huge, fat, amateur clients on fucking lat pulldown,
                    pulling down 65lbs .. FOR WHAT??????????

What is THAT going to do?????? Seriously.
                    ME I used to weigh 330 lbs... now i am 220 lbs... know what got me there? weight training! i am sorry i have to disagree with ya... i got b4 and after pics i am sure everyone seen on here plenty of times...
                    Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• chrissy

Thanks everyone, I've added weight training into my routine

Comment

Working...