Need a new routine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -JP-

Need a new routine

I have interchanged a few routines throughout the years but I really need a new one appreciate any recommendations

currently I am splitting:

Mon - Back/Bi's
    Tues - Shoulders
    Wens - Off
    Thurs - Legs
    Fri - Chest/Tri's

On cyc I usually split:

Mon - Chest/Back
    Tues - Arms/Shoulders
    Wens - Legs
    Thurs - Chest/Back
    Fri - Arms/Shoulders
    Sat - Legs

Thanks JP
  • blupitbull

I like the routine I copied from 2BigFred

Monday-back-calves
    Tuesday-Chest-hamstrings-abs
    Wednesday-Quads-calves
    Thursday-Delts-traps-abs
    Friday-triceps-biceps-calves

Comment

• JrMaFia
      BANNED for being a JETS fan
      • Oct 2007

mon-chest/abs
      tuesday-back/abs
      wensday-legs
      thur-bis/tris/abs
      friday-shoulders/traps/abs
      Saturday-off
      sunday-off

i do 45 minutes of cardio post workout except for the day i train legs. i hit it with alot of sets but i switch teh rep schemes and teh weights i go by pump and feel and burn that is the way arnold trained. Don't concentrate on heaviness but intensity
      Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
      Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
      Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
      Cassidy: Crue!
      Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
      Cassidy: Def Lep!
      Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
      Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
      Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• -JP-

Thanks bro's I am going to try a bunch and see what seems to work the best
        I need some type of shock

Comment

• goin4275
          VET
          • Jan 2007

If im not mistaken bro i think we pretty much are after the same type of physique... Im finding now that i like volume, volume more volume... works best for me... for years i was stuck in arut with trying to do low volume heavy weight.... i opt for super setting alot.. constant movement not much rest, alot of focus on mind muscle conentration

As for your split looks good exept i dont think you need to give shoulders there own day... maybe work shoulders and tris and give chest its own day. jmo

edit
          example today i did shoulder tris... because i work a lot now i dont have a set routine pretty much go as my body tells me.. if im burnt after half an hour i call it quits.... if i feel good sometimes i got 1 1/2- 1 3/4 hours i did something like this today
          military presses supper setted with incline skulls... 4 sets 15-20 reps each seet

CG bench press SS with lateral raises- same

dips supper setted with cable upright rows- same

rear delt cable pulls super setted with rope pushdowns- pretty much no rest in between sets
          than i power walked home fromt he gym back to the crib about 45 minutes! lol!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by goin4275
            If im not mistaken bro i think we pretty much are after the same type of physique... Im finding now that i like volume, volume more volume... works best for me... for years i was stuck in arut with trying to do low volume heavy weight.... i opt for super setting alot.. constant movement not much rest, alot of focus on mind muscle conentration
            Actually i have been doing this very thing for quite some time now high intensity, high reps and supersetting it has worked well and I will continue it just thought maybe a different split could shock the muscles... I 've added different variations of excerises as well

Comment

• JrMaFia
              • Oct 2007

i agree bout the volume training it works best for me also. I also like my schedule because i get the weekend off the recoperate and party and not worry bout training
              Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.

Comment

• goin4275
                VET
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by -JP-
                Actually i have been doing this very thing for quite some time now high intensity, high reps and supersetting it has worked well and I will continue it just thought maybe a different split could shock the muscles... I 've added different variations of excerises as well
                ya like isaid bro i just go on feel... somedays ill go as heavy as possible for 5-6 reps...most of the time its volume... as long as your blastin the muscle to failure, goin all out your doing the job IMO...

Comment

• goin4275
                  VET
                  • Jan 2007

If youve been doing volume for a while and looking for a challenge.. and have the TIME to devot yourself( i know you work a lot) give westside variation i use to follow a shot... Max effort days followed by rep effort days... this was by far my favorite routine... Geez i miss my deadlifting, fuckin lower back

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by goin4275
                    If youve been doing volume for a while and looking for a challenge.. and have the TIME to devot yourself( i know you work a lot) give westside variation i use to follow a shot... Max effort days followed by rep effort days... this was by far my favorite routine... Geez i miss my deadlifting, fuckin lower back
                    Havn't tried this I think I will though sounds interesting... is that all there is to it??? Thanks bro

Comment

• JrMaFia
                      • Oct 2007

yea i do that i switch between weight and volume

Comment

• -JP-

So what do the splits look like? Are you doing a total body workout for max oneday and then high reps the next day? Or is basically one week heavy one week light high rep

Comment

• JrMaFia
                          • Oct 2007

nah i follow my schedule but i hit with volume one week then i hit with weight and low reps

Comment

• goin4275
                            VET
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by -JP-
                            So what do the splits look like? Are you doing a total body workout for max oneday and then high reps the next day? Or is basically one week heavy one week light high rep
                            theres a tonnnn of info on the web about WSBB,,, i followed a variation my split would look like
                            1) max effort push
                            2) rep effort pull
                            3) rep effort push
                            4) max effort pull,
                            REPEAT... while in college and not much responibilty i could really push myself and do two days on one off,, realistically now it be more one on than off
                            My log was on IT in the winter(lol).... basically a max effort day id pick 3 compound movements that constantly revolved ... example... ME push day ( and my reps were 3-6 not the recomended for powerlifters 1-3) i may do Bench press, dips and shoulder presses.... Next ME session i may start off with incline presses, close grip bench and than suspened bench press....Max effort days for pull i always started with a dead variation, than squat movments or leg press or something and than a middle back ,... Rep effort days were all high reps more ISO movements, you get the idea... key is to keep switching movements... and ME days always try to beat yourself.... thats what i did in a nut shell,,, thats when i saw most results in lifting weights.. untill i messed up my back doing bentover rows with 265 a SLIGHT jerk and BAM lower backs never been the same

Comment

• 2BIGFRED
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by blupitbull
                              I like the routine I copied from 2BigFred

Monday-back-calves
                              Tuesday-Chest-hamstrings-abs
                              Wednesday-Quads-calves
                              Thursday-Delts-traps-abs
                              Friday-triceps-biceps-calves
                              Im honored bro