X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Good video on lifting technique.

Also sites a study that there is no relationship for testosterone and athletic performance. We have a lot to learn.

The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Deadwood
    VET
    • Dec 2018

I'm extremely skeptical about a study that says testosterone has no relationship to athletic performance. Even if someone drops their testosterone immediately prior to an event, they still reap the benefits of the testosterone they were given in between events. Good for her to enjoy competitive lifting, but until a separate class is created for trans lifters I don't agree she should hold any title or record among the women's classes. If she wants to compete in the men's class, all the power to her.

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

Don't fall for that BS Dakota. There is a relation. Testosterone is the #1 hormone responsible for muscle growth. This is why men tend to be able to add muscle at a much faster rate than women, and are usually larger physically, although that's debatable with today's youth. She's a walking contradiction. Transgender competes in the female class? That means she identifies as a man. Takes male hormones, and competes in the female class? Makes sense. Now you don't need high levels of testosterone to be a good athlete. Women have proved this, but if you started giving all those women testosterone shots I bet you'd see a big difference in their athletic ability. There is a reason male and female classes are separate. Like Deadwood said she could drop the test right before a competition and it will test low. And if she's not on anything which I doubt, some people are just naturally stronger and more athletic than the next person. Doesn't mean there is no correlation based off of a few naturally athletic people who don't need anything. Unless this is what the study means, and it should read "You don't need high levels of testosterone to become a great athlete." But it will increase performance if taken.

Now no 2 people are the same but if there is no correlation, then why all of a sudden does performance increase when people take them. They are called PED's. Why are guys suddenly cranking more home runs than ever when they take something? Why do mma fighters take them? First hand experience testosterone will improve your athletic ability. It's not necessary to achieve great athleticism, but will it increase your ability wherever it may be currently? You bet your ass it will. And it will increase your muscle mass just by taking it. Your body can endure more punishment and heal faster. Higher nitrogen retention means faster healing. That causes improvement in one's ability at a much faster rate. So to say there's no correlation is a bogus claim.

Comment

Working...