Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Having one of those days

Sucks. It was beautiful out today too. 61 degrees. Took the dog for a good walk. I'm just so damn beat, I can't get out of my own way. Was gonna hit chest and bi's today, but then I took a nap instead. I'm thinking cuz I hit back and tris a little extra hard last night I'm just feeling the lethargy today from it. I hate when I feel so out of it I blow off my workout. It's probably better to wait a day than half ass it. Then I'll be more upset with myself.
  • gotgame
    Vet
    • Jan 2019

100mg caffeine. a bronkaid or two. crank volume up in headphones. stop being lazy...jk lol.

i havent worked out in a week. been sick...then feeling better but OD'd on levaquin and prednisone lol. the gym will alway be there. get some rest, try not to eat too much ice cream and get some rest.

alternatively if i know i wouldnt get a good workout in but still wanna go i just go to cardio while watching a movie on my phone for 60 min. treadmill keeps you at pace so u cant slack off, better then watching a movie at home, good for your health and you feel less guilty.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I NEVER force a workout. I learned that years ago. If ya can't give 100% do as you did, then kill it when you DO go.

Btw, why would you hit chest & bi's the immediate day after hitting back & tris? Makes no sense bro. Assuming you killed it (as you should), your chest workout will suffer bcoz your tris are taxed. Same with bis - back puts a hurtin on bis - bi workout will suffer. Don't believe me? Then change it up and put a day or 2 between those workouts, and take note of the diff in your #'s.

basics 101:

never hit tris or delts the day before chest & vice versa

never hit bis the day before back & vice versa

always put as much space in between legs & back days since they are the 2 most taxing workouts (or should be if doing it right )

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Btw some guys will hit bis the day after back or tris the day after chest. I've been guilty of that too. BUT, you do NOT want to do the opposite, ie, hitting the smaller muscle in the chain the day before the larger, ie, tris before chest,tris before delts, delts before chest, bis before back. I also don't ever hit chest the day before delts, bcoz it will hamper your delt workout being the anterior delt is used so much during chest work.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by gotgame
          100mg caffeine. a bronkaid or two. crank volume up in headphones. stop being lazy...jk lol.
          That right there (minus the headphones), along with a baby aspirin, was my pre-workout for pretty much the mid-late 80's & all of the 90's. Too old for all that ephedrine now haha.

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
            I NEVER force a workout. I learned that years ago. If ya can't give 100% do as you did, then kill it when you DO go.

Btw, why would you hit chest & bi's the immediate day after hitting back & tris? Makes no sense bro. Assuming you killed it (as you should), your chest workout will suffer bcoz your tris are taxed. Same with bis - back puts a hurtin on bis - bi workout will suffer. Don't believe me? Then change it up and put a day or 2 between those workouts, and take note of the diff in your #'s.

basics 101:

never hit tris or delts the day before chest & vice versa

never hit bis the day before back & vice versa

always put as much space in between legs & back days since they are the 2 most taxing workouts (or should be if doing it right )

I usually always take a day or two between these as back and tri's is at the end of my weekly rotation, but being in Florida for my father, had me taking days off I usually don't and training on off days. So that's why. I usually don't do them back to back.

Also gotgame, caffeine and I don't agree. I developed a sensitivity to it and it throws my heart rhythm off. Had an ekg done. Docs weren't too concerned but I was definitely sensitive to it and it would show up on the monitor, so I stopped drinking anything caffeinated.

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Good reminder to listen to your body. My cycle has been going so well that I have over done it. My last to workouts sucked. My shoulders hurt like a bitch yesterday. Maybe I need to just take a couple days to work on some small body parts and crush my abs a little. Hit the cardio and just let the rest of my body heal for a few days. You can overtrain even while cycling.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

I've been weight training maybe longer than you've been alive. Not being an ass.
                But I've been relatively injury free over the last 40 years or so. I learned through training too much, that you will make better gains, see better results by doing less. Much like Dorian Yates preached all those years.
                I've found that you will look better, be stronger and last longer, not to mention get greater benefit from your training time if you are well tested and your body healed up from the previous session.
                I'm not talking about a little soreness. Im talking about when you have no energy, cant sleep, want to sleep all the time, etc.
                Yiu will not lose all your gains in one day. Skip the gym and screw your wife, then call your girlfriends and schedule them one after the other. It does wonders for the body.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Big B
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

That's what it feels like when in middle of a dnp cycle...

Comment

Working...