Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #16
Big D
VET

Big D is on a distinguished road
I have my program and music on my phone. So to some it may look like im messing around with my phone.
Reality is, my squat rack and deadlift area is always open...lol
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #17
Dawgpound_Hank

Honestly I've never had an issue. I think it's pathetic on their part though to play on their phone 5-10 mins between so-called "sets" and think they are making progress. But when I need to use a piece of equipment, I just walk over and say the obvious - "You done?". 90% of the time it's "Oh yeah man my bad" or "Oh sorry just one more set", and they will do it & finito. I guess being small has some perks.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:34 AM   #18
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Honestly I've never had an issue. I think it's pathetic on their part though to play on their phone 5-10 mins between so-called "sets" and think they are making progress. But when I need to use a piece of equipment, I just walk over and say the obvious - "You done?". 90% of the time it's "Oh yeah man my bad" or "Oh sorry just one more set", and they will do it & finito. I guess being small has some perks.
True... Well, let me take that back, VERY true...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #19
ajaymehta10

ajaymehta10 is on a distinguished road
When you are in the gym concentrate on your exercise. Try to use less cell phone at that time.
ajaymehta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:15 AM   #20
ajaymehta10

ajaymehta10 is on a distinguished road
You can take a phone when you are going to the gym but you shouldn't use too much it. Yo should pick emergency call only.
ajaymehta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:25 AM   #21
Chooch
VET

Chooch will become famous soon enoughChooch will become famous soon enough
Guilty. lol. But I have a wife and family/friends in law enforcement. God forbid something ever happened to one of them and I didn’t know because I didn’t want to take my phone in the gym. I use it for pandora and emergency calls, but I gotta admit it makes it way to easy to piss around lol
Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #22
TommyD

TommyD will become famous soon enough
Never take mine on the floor, stays in my bag in my locker.

The other day a guy on cable rows heard his phone ding for a text message, dropped the weights from his chest with a huge slam, picked up his phone and kept the bench from floating away for far too long. I've been a gym rat long before ANY personal device was invented so I am used to not having buds jammed in my ears and have to laugh at all the people sitting on machines with their noses buried in their phones. Pathetic really.
TommyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #23
USNCTT
VET

USNCTT is a jewel in the roughUSNCTT is a jewel in the roughUSNCTT is a jewel in the rough
I'm on my phone between sets. Either messing with the music or texting. But I'm never just sitting on a machine doing it. And it's literally the duration of my rest and that's it
USNCTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #24
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-C View Post
I have my phone in the gym. Play music and keep track of my lifts that way. I use to use good old pen and paper but since I have been back. I have been just keeping it in my notes on my phone. However I do not answer texts or phone calls by putting it into airplane mode when I am training.
Didn't think of that one. Thanks...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #25
ironaddict51
VET

ironaddict51 is on a distinguished road
I leave my cell in car unless i'm taking pics. Too much distraction. I stay in the moment and focused on my sets. Stay in the zone. Mp3 headphones blocks out all noise. Having distractions breaks the mind-muscle connection. The guys in the gym fiddling with their phones are only working out their thumbs.
ironaddict51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #26
hrpiii3
VET

hrpiii3 is on a distinguished road
I must be one of the few that does not take my phone into the gym at all, and never have. When I am oncall for work, I will take my pager, and leave my phone in my truck. And the people I train, I make them do the same. If you are here to workout, workout, if you want to play on your phone, do it on your time.
hrpiii3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #27
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
Recently I started at a new gym on a military training post and it’s such a shame to be an old Army vet and see nothing but young recruits sitting on weight machines and benches with their heads buried in their cell phones.
If I ever brought my phone into the gym I would take picture of the countless Basic Training and AIT students with more interest in texting and shit than actually working out.
Call me old school, but what moron let recruits have cell phones in the first place?
Drill Instructor orders his recruits to spend 2hrs in the gym but let’s them all bring their cell phones and doesn’t even go with his own troops. So they all sit on the equipment and do nothing.
Amazing how low the standards have fallen.
Wow! That is disheartening. What the hell is happening to our society?

Today I went to use a machine and a guy and a girl were (oddly) squatting behind it to avoid glare and watch videos together. I asked "are you using this?" and the said "no we will be done here in a few, like 10 minutes or so". Already having my fill with cell phones everywhere I sternly let them know I was not going to wait 10 minutes while they watched videos together. The scowl I got from both of them as they got up and left was unbelievable.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #28
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Very frustrating! I usually will try to be polite and ask if I can work in some sets with them. They usually know at that point they been hogging it and just say I’m done and move along. But other times I will just ask how many sets you have left so they know I’m waiting.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote