X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe0690
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

Would you allow your children to do steroids

Just a topic of discussion would you guys let your children use steroids if so at what age 18?20?25? If so under what conditions athlete? Very high leagues in sporting? Gym rat, olympics?

I’m just curious
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

After age 18, you no longer have any say what you're kids do. I would do my best to insure that they have the proper knowledge to make an educated decision.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

I would discourage it. They're hard to step away from. It's kind of like Dorian says. It's like smoking. You can probably do them for a year and probably no lasting effects. Do them for 10 years and you might get aways with it. Do them for 20 years and well there's probably going to be some damage.

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

I agree with both lifts and Glyco. Wife and I just had this discussion about our daughter who is now exposed to people using PEDs and she has the “more disease”. She is qualified to be a model of various varieties but thinks she’s ugly. She wants to use a coach who’s a decent amateur competitor. She’s gonna run into a decision sooner rather than later.

It’s a fine line. I would rather she not. But when the time comes, do I want her to be educated by her mother and I, or some phuck tard blowd up kid in the gym? There enough furry women with deep voices where we train, another isnt necessary. It’s something to monitor closely. She knows I’m on trt and her mother on HRT.

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

Only if they were an extreme top level athlete. Not to be the faster sprinter in High School. It would also but under a Dr. supervision and at the lowest effective dosage possible.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Deadwood
            VET
            • Dec 2018

Oh man this just got deep. At least 25 but preferably 30. I wouldn't encourage it, but I know I made my mind up by 25 that I would cycle some day and started at 30. You don't want to get in the way of the next Arnold do you?

Comment

• Chooch
              VET
              • Oct 2009

At least 20 years here off and on, the wife uses, and I’d still prefer my kid didn’t. Although if she got serious into training and wanted to compete I’d be ecstatic since now she’s a lazy turd lol. If she went that far I guess I’d expect it, otherwise I’d prefer she didn’t.

Comment

• b52
                • Oct 2006

I don't have kids yet but honestly I wouldn't want them to be stuck in the mindset that I am. In a way it's a prison of vanity. I'm happier this way but I wish I didn't care so much about it. I think people should hit the gym and if they see an endo down the road I don't see an issue with that. But to be happy without any of this is what I would truly want for one of my kids.

Comment

• theprince
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2015

Short answer (I have a very young son),

Not until he's old enough to physically hold his own against me/full developed/can live on his own if he wanted/educated on it for at least a couple years prior to starting

These were basically all the metrics I met when I started and I researched them for almost 4 years before I took my first shot because of how interested I was and how passionate about bodybuilding I was.

I think children should never ever do anabolic steroids (obviously extremely rare cases in hospitals with mutations/diseases exempt) and when they're done growing they kinda no longer children (still my son lol) but I would respect him enough to educate him deeply on the subject then ask him his decision and that he not keep anything a secret from me.

Just my point of view

Comment

• theprince
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by b52
                    I don't have kids yet but honestly I wouldn't want them to be stuck in the mindset that I am. In a way it's a prison of vanity. I'm happier this way but I wish I didn't care so much about it. I think people should hit the gym and if they see an endo down the road I don't see an issue with that. But to be happy without any of this is what I would truly want for one of my kids.
                    My man, I totally hear you on that vanity thing. I have made it my goal every single day (even using affirmations and listening to dr. robert anthony, etc.) to retract myself from the vanities and futility of this world and root myself well, in my self. Doing so has led to joy I've never really experienced before.

It's pretty hard, you have to accept that beliefs and values you've held all your life may be erroneous and habits are hard to change but I find staying present and being aware that I'm more than just my body, I'm the thinker behind the thoughts, has really helped me. A few months back actually, I had been completely off cycle for almost 6 months and lost over 20 pounds and I really didn't think of it in anyway except that I was using my talent in other places instead of dominantly at the gym, and when the time comes to refocus on the gym, my body will respond like it always does.

It helps to think of other great qualities you possess, how much you actually have to be grateful for in life, and goals you set.....direct yourself in a sense. Otherwise people and events direct my life for me. And I stopped that over a year ago.

Jmho.

Prince

Comment

• Ripitup
                      VET
                      • Nov 2018

My son came to me the other day, 15yo, and asked me about creatine. He asked if I had any he could use. I told him that I had some in the cabinet that I don't use anymore and I let him try it. My son plays sports and he is very lean. If there was such thing as 12-pack abs he would have them. He asked one day when I was training him in the gym..."dad I've got the lean thing down pat but how do I get the muscle size?" I wanted to cringe. I told him that he needs to eat more and eat right and that in due time you will be able to build muscle. I didn't even go into a discussion on hormones because that way over his head. My wife wasn't overly thrilled that he started the creatine. It's not the creatine that she was so concerned with, it's that creatine shows that he is interested and could lead him down the path to steroids down the road. Again, he is only 15yo but you and I both know that you about every single one of us tried/used creatine prior to and/or concurrently with testosterone and other steroids.

Long story short, I hope my kid never messes with steroids.

I ran 200-300mg/wk or Test Cyp and 350-400mg/wk of Tren Ace this past summer. I was finally injury free and able to have my training and diet spot on. I looked ridiculously good. I set the bar so high this past summer that now I am unhappy with my abs and my appearance even though I still have fully visible nice abs. Of course in my head I knew it wasn't something that I could hold year round but I still want to chase that look. Today, I could take off my shirt anywhere at any beach, pool, or whatever and probably look better than all if not most of the people around me by far...yet I am still not happy with my appearance and feel like I'm not lean enough.

I guess as b52 put it...prison of vanity.

Comment

• b52
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by theprince
                        My man, I totally hear you on that vanity thing. I have made it my goal every single day (even using affirmations and listening to dr. robert anthony, etc.) to retract myself from the vanities and futility of this world and root myself well, in my self. Doing so has led to joy I've never really experienced before.

It's pretty hard, you have to accept that beliefs and values you've held all your life may be erroneous and habits are hard to change but I find staying present and being aware that I'm more than just my body, I'm the thinker behind the thoughts, has really helped me. A few months back actually, I had been completely off cycle for almost 6 months and lost over 20 pounds and I really didn't think of it in anyway except that I was using my talent in other places instead of dominantly at the gym, and when the time comes to refocus on the gym, my body will respond like it always does.

It helps to think of other great qualities you possess, how much you actually have to be grateful for in life, and goals you set.....direct yourself in a sense. Otherwise people and events direct my life for me. And I stopped that over a year ago.

Jmho.

Prince

Yeah, this is where God takes over for me. I get that inner joy from scripture, although it's not the easiest life. People always seem to think that idk why. As put together as I seem in person( I only know this because I have heard numerous people tell others how put together I am for my age. No I'm not bragging) I'm one step away from falling apart. I feel like I'm 2 people. One that is constantly fighting to keep the other one at bay.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Sums it up perfectly. Not trying to get too religious on you, I just feel it relates to our conversation and what I deal with on a daily basis in my own mind, including steroid use. So I truly mean it when I say I wish wasn't this way, but I enjoy it and it makes me happy and that's where it becomes a motherf*cker.

Comment

• Aklion
                          VET
                          • Jan 2019

I have two boys. The older one lives on his own and i have no say in what he puts in his body. The younger one won't be allowed to use aas, or any illegal substance as long as he lives in my home.

Comment

• Big B
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by b52
                            You took words out of my mouth...

Comment

• Roughrydr
                              • Oct 2017

My two sons are both in their 30's, so at this point I wouldn't care.
                              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...