Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Prohormones/Research Chems
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Tadalafil improves lean mass and endothelial function in nonobese men

Randomized Controlled Trial
Endocrine

. 2017 Jun;56(3):639-648.
doi: 10.1007/s12020-016-1208-y. Epub 2017 Jan 30.
Tadalafil improves lean mass and endothelial function in nonobese men with mild ED/LUTS: in vivo and in vitro characterization
Antonio Aversa 1 , Simona Fittipaldi 2 , Davide Francomano 3 , Viviana M Bimonte 4 , Emanuela A Greco 3 5 , Clara Crescioli 4 , Luigi Di Luigi 4 , Andrea Lenzi 3 , Silvia Migliaccio 4
Affiliations

PMID: 28133708 DOI: 10.1007/s12020-016-1208-y

Abstract

Purpose: Phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor administration in diabetic men with erectile dysfunction (ED) is associated with reduced waist circumference. We evaluated potential effects of daily tadalafil administration on body composition and investigated its possible mechanism(s) of action in C2C12 skeletal muscle cells in vitro.

Methods: Forty-three men on stable caloric intake (mean age 48.5 ± 7; BMI 25.5 ± 0.9 kg/m2) complaining mild ED and/or low urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) were randomly assigned to receive tadalafil (TAD) 5 mg/daily (once-a-day=OAD-TAD; n = 23) or 20 mg on-demand (on-demand=OD-TAD; n = 20) for 2 months. Primary outcomes were variations of body composition measured by Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; secondary outcomes were ED/LUTS questionnaire scores along with hormone (testosterone, estradiol, insulin) and endothelial function (Endopat2000) variations.

Results: OAD-TAD increased abdominal lean mass (p < 0.01) that returned to baseline after 2 months withdrawal. LUTS scores improved (p<0.01) in OD-TAD while ED scores improved (p < 0.01) in both groups. We found significant improvements in endothelial function (p < 0.05) that directly correlated with serum insulin (p < 0.01; r = 0.3641) and inversely correlated with estradiol levels (p < 0.01; r = 0.3655) even when corrected for potential confounders. Exposure of C2C12 cells upon increasing tadalafil concentrations (10-7 to 10-6 M) increased total androgen receptor mRNA and protein expression as well as myogenin protein expression after 24 and 72 h (2.8 ± 0.4-fold and 1.4 ± 0.02-fold vs. control, respectively, p < 0.05).

Conclusions: Daily tadalafil improved lean mass content in non-obese men probably via enhanced insulin secretion, estradiol reduction, and improvement of endothelial function in vivo. The in vitro increased myogenin and androgen receptor protein expression in skeletal muscle cells suggests a translational action of phosphodiesterase type-5 on this receptor.

Keywords: Androgen receptor; Erectile Dysfunction; Estradiol; Fat mass; Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms; Phosphodiesterase type-5; Skeletal muscle; Testosterone.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #2
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Interesting

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #3
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
It is a little known fact that that is what Hank uses exclusively for his cutting. ��
Old 09-19-2022, 09:16 AM   #4
akajavman1
VET

akajavman1 is on a distinguished road
This is very interesting. Just recently started using a low dose as a preworkout and can definitely see a difference in my workouts especially at my age! 60.
akajavman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #5
Mikect1000
VET

Mikect1000 is on a distinguished road
I’ve been taking 5mgs a day for a year now and I think it helps. At 45 and a power lifter who competes in the 275s I’m the leanest I’ve ever been at this weight for sure. Never thought this can be a factor.
Mikect1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:22 AM   #6
Demigod

Demigod is on a distinguished road
Interesting indeed. I'd like to see that studied further. That drug has a lot of benefits other than what it's intended for.
Demigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 05:38 PM   #7
Paramuscle

Paramuscle will become famous soon enough
I started a few years ago taking 5 mgs a day for the BPH which is what makes it tougher to piss when you get older and are on test as well..... Anyway, I don’t know about the lean mass part but it helps with the other.

~PM
Paramuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:37 PM   #8
preist943
VET

preist943 will become famous soon enough
when it first cam out years ago i noticed low dose increased pumps in the gym as well as a thicker look all day . i guess it wasnt in my "head" after all lol
preist943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:21 AM   #9
jrod

jrod will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramuscle View Post
I started a few years ago taking 5 mgs a day for the BPH which is what makes it tougher to piss when you get older and are on test as well..... Anyway, I don’t know about the lean mass part but it helps with the other.

~PM
This is what I use it for as well.
I used a little as 2.5mg and it seemed to work better for me than a high dose. Too high of a dose messes with my stomach and in can’t breath through my nose at all.
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:29 AM   #10
Paramuscle

Paramuscle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
This is what I use it for as well.
I used a little as 2.5mg and it seemed to work better for me than a high dose. Too high of a dose messes with my stomach and in can’t breath through my nose at all.

I will try to back mine down and see how it goes. Thank you

~PM
Paramuscle is offline   Reply With Quote