Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jboldman
    VET
    • Feb 2007

perhaps if you are worried about it, it is time for a break to rest recover and recharge!

bufbiker, you are amazing!

jb
    Admin CuttingEdgeMuscle.com

Comment

• millenium girl
      • Apr 2006

I will take a complete break while in NYC next month.
      Don't forget to join
      http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
      http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• bufbiker

If you stop progressing then you definately need it. Lack of pregress is a sure fire sign of either overtraining or under eating.

Comment

• millenium girl
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by bufbiker
          Lack of pregress is a sure fire sign of either overtraining or under eating.
          Both .... I can't eat much and people keep telling me that I do too much. Maybe you guys could check out my training log and tell me what you think. Thanks!
          Don't forget to join

Comment

• willsgotrythm
            Vet
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by millenium girl
            Both .... I can't eat much and people keep telling me that I do too much. Maybe you guys could check out my training log and tell me what you think. Thanks!
            I know you do quite a bit MG, but I cant say your overtraining. After NYC why dont you downsize your routine, go to the gym say 4 days a week instead of 7. Take your favorite routines and make one consolidated routine out of them. Then take 5 to 7 days off after every six weeks. Try that for a year and see if you like it and feel a little better and dont feel like your muscles are melting.

Comment

• Phatbastard
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by millenium girl
              I've had my share of injuries over the years but what really worries me is that instead of progressing I'm regressing and my muscles are kinda melting ....
              These are the signs of over training!

I have always Advocated when people hit this spot take 1 week off. Then come back you will be fresh and pass any plateau. Problem is most wan't listen those that do have always come back and thanked me.

Listen to your body it will tell you when to take a break. From what I read it's telling you. I know this post is a little late for your NY trip but u had tens days off there!

Let me ask you how did you feel after that and are you progressing again?

Phat

Comment

• Glycomann

You know MG I seem to do better when I'm off the juice.. I know it's weird and deosn't make sense.

Comment

• millenium girl
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by willsgotrythm
                  I know you do quite a bit MG, but I cant say your overtraining. After NYC why dont you downsize your routine, go to the gym say 4 days a week instead of 7. Take your favorite routines and make one consolidated routine out of them. Then take 5 to 7 days off after every six weeks. Try that for a year and see if you like it and feel a little better and dont feel like your muscles are melting.
                  I don't hit the gym 7 days a week. I workout 3 times a week most of the time.
                  Originally posted by Phatbastard
                  These are the signs of over training!

I have always Advocated when people hit this spot take 1 week off. Then come back you will be fresh and pass any plateau. Problem is most wan't listen those that do have always come back and thanked me.

Listen to your body it will tell you when to take a break. From what I read it's telling you. I know this post is a little late for your NY trip but u had tens days off there!

Let me ask you how did you feel after that and are you progressing again?

Phat
                  No matter how many breaks I take, I'm not progressing anymore.

Originally posted by Glycomann
                  You know MG I seem to do better when I'm off the juice.. I know it's weird and deosn't make sense.
                  Those on steroids recover more quickly or better from their workouts.
                  Don't forget to join

Comment

• willi
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

I dont like breaks and I dont plan them.

I just listen to my body, it always has the answer. Most of the time because I am always changing workouts and intensity levels things are fine and growth continues. Just went through a hard time and debated about taking some time (days only my friend) off but all I had to do was back off killer intensity and I perked up and growth resumed.

Bout to go on an nice trip. There will be a gym and probably a nice one at that. But it would be a good week to stand down for a rest. But will I do that? We shall see.

Also lack of sleep or lack of eating kills.

Comment

• willi
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Also,

I dont expect to progress forever. Even for those of us who are enhanced there logically is a wall. Ive gone over several walls but I don't think I will make it to 300lbs or the kind of lifts Deacon posted....But I'm not going to give up either. Maybe I will see those goals.

But if I find things do one day stop as I expect, I will be satisified knowing that I have achieved some incredible goals. I enjoy this and it is fulfilling. I intend to do this until I cannot. Griowth or not.

Comment

• millenium girl
                        • Apr 2006

I think that I've been doing too much cardio the last few weeks. I worked out twice a day focusing on calories and now I have insomnia I have lost weight, I have no appetite, my digestion is far from good and I can't focus. I feel tired all the time... Time for a break I guess.
                        Last edited by millenium girl; 03-14-2013, 03:06 PM.
                        Don't forget to join

Comment

• gotclen
                          Vet
                          • Nov 2011

From your last post M GIrl it screams of over doing it.

I have found it is very hard for me to amp up for my work outs. I';m down to 4 days a week. Just maintaining lean mass. Sure as hell am not building any new muscle. IMO we all young and old could use a 5 to 7 day break every 8 to 10 weeks or so. Life has it's way of beating us up.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Take a break. Eat and rest and stay off the scale.
                          GC

Comment

Working...