PTAaron's 2007 Olympia Expo Sample Testing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTAaron

Product: CHARGE! by Labrada. This is one of those single serving energy shots... Didn't notice much from it at first, then a slight boost after a while, nothing to write home about.

Comment

• PTAaron

Thanks for the input Jake

Comment

• CathyFlora

Ok...looks like you didn't get this one. Amplified by Met-Rx
        Ingredients :
        Taurine, tyrosine, caffeine (200mg), inositol, synephrine, green tea extract, yerba mate, and white willow bark, and sweetened with sucralose.

I tried this energy shot last night after the majority of my leg workout. It was supposed to be orange flavor, but really it just tasted like the artificial sweetner it had in it, with a bit of a thick orangy aftertaste...that required half a water bottle to get rid of. The shooter was a semi-thick syrup prepackaged in a single serving "bullet".

Overall, I'd say it did give me just the right amount of energy to get through the rest of my workout. After drinking it I hopped on the bike for 15 mins low intensity, then went and finished out my leg workout with some stiff leg deads...and got back on the bike for 20 mins at 60-70% max heart rate. I got no jitters from this, but it did keep me up late a good 4 hours all together. But at $72 a case (24) don't think I will be purchasing these.

Comment

• PTAaron

Thanks for adding that in I didn't get that one for some reason.

Comment

• CathyFlora

Originally posted by PTAaron
            Thanks for adding that in I didn't get that one for some reason.
            They might have ran out by the time you stragglers got there!!!...should have been there at 10 am like MEEEE...Hahaha...j/k

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by CathyFlora
              They might have ran out by the time you stragglers got there!!!...should have been there at 10 am like MEEEE...Hahaha...j/k
              I don't even remember seeing a Met-Rx booth... oh well!

Comment

• PTAaron

Product: Garbage Performance Beverage.
                This is another one (like the one I posted earlier today) that I forgot to put on my list... oops! This is supposed to be an energy booster of some sort that you mix in a bottle of water and drink through the day. It tastes good... but I can't really say that I noticed any kind of a boost from it. I actually fell asleep while writing notes at work today after drinking it!!! I'm pretty sure it didn't work for me!

Here is info on the product: http://bodybuilding.com/store/gar/garbage.html

Comment

• Andy James G

Thanks for the post man!!

Comment

• mouth

with rem and lean dream

does it tell you how long you HAVE to devote to rest? like, most sleep aids tell you to not to take them if you don't have 8 hours to rest. my life consists of a series of naps..haha...usually 3 hours and a 4 hour. would the products be decent for me?

Comment

• PTAaron

Melatonin is one of the main things in them... that works for about 8 hours for most people. I didn't pay attention to the label to see if it gave a time or not.

Comment

• CathyFlora

I just checked it, it doesn't have a time frame listed on it, just says it takes 20 mins to start working, and don't opperate machinery.

I am actually kind of scared to take it now, if you're falling asleep the next day...I already fall asleep on a moment's notice....think I will pass it on to one of my many insomniac friends.

Comment

• PTAaron

The day after taking them I was able to wake up just fine... I didn't take anything Tuesday night and it was Wednesday that I couldn't get out of bed. I would definitely use REM again because it worked, and it worked fast.

Comment

• KajedAnimal

I took Lean Dreams last night and was able to get out of bed fine. I figured I would give it another shot. I was really tired anyway. It also has valarian root to help you calm down and relax.

Comment

• KajedAnimal

I'm currently drinking Syntrax's Nectar Sweets whey protein isolate chocolate truffle flavor. It tastes really good, I mixed it with rice milk. There wasn't any clumping like you get with some proteins. I just checked their website, www.si03.com, and the protein is a little expensive for my taste.

Comment

• goes4ever
                                • Sep 2004

good thread, keep em coming

Comment

Working...