"HEALTH" for us old folk!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go4thepump

"HEALTH" for us old folk!!!!

Haveing just turned 41 , I have been dealing with issues that I often laughed about .

For instance , just all of a sudden this year , I have to hold small print about 18" away now to read ! (and I always laughed at my dad's little reading glasses)

It takes longer to get myself out of bed with all the joint pain ..

Age related high Blood Pressure (hereditary)

Thank God my little guy still works like a teen !!!

It seems that the older I get , the more I have to focus on better results . Before, I used to be able to just throw weights around and get big gains . Now, the BF takes longer to shed , the muscles take longer to grow (or should that be take longer to stop shrinking !!!)
    This comes with nutrition also . I used to be able to get sloppy on eating habits and not suffer . Now , it seems if I wander off just a couple days , it has bad results .

Are any of you seeing the same things ??
  • Ms.Wetback

I am not 40 but I will chime in and say my husband is experienceing some of the same things and he is 39+. The worst part for him is the memory, he can not learn as quick as he used to and it actually takes effort now.

Comment

• Kujhac
      • Oct 2007

I'm 53. Yes, the eyes lose the elasticity they once had IMO. 40 seems like the age it starts rearing its ugly head.

Had an angioplasty at age 38 (runs in the family) and then quintuple bypass while on. Surgeon didn't say anything but he made comments like, "you're a big guy" and "your skin is thin so we had to use staples".
      LOL

It comes to a point where you can't continue burning the candle at both ends. I guess I'm there.

Yes, BF is a bitch too. That's why I've been reading up on Frag and seeing mixed reviews. I think it's all dose related but I'm still checking it out. GH is out of my means at the moment.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Originally posted by Ms.Wetback
        I am not 40 but I will chime in and say my husband is experienceing some of the same things and he is 39+. The worst part for him is the memory, he can not learn as quick as he used to and it actually takes effort now.
        My wife says I'm losing my memory.
        I replied, "How can you lose something you never had in the first place?"

Now back to...ahh...what the hell was I just talking about?

BTW, I'm 48 but I still can't believe it?

Comment

• willie2
          • Dec 2003

well age does play a huge factor in eye sight, weight and other thangs...but if we work hard at keeping ourselves fit we can enjoy life well into the sunset of our lives....waxed poetic there didn't I.....

Comment

• JohnnyB
            vet
            • Jul 2003

I'll be 52 in a few days. At the begining of the year, my endo put me on hgh. I've lost 30lbs of bf, in 11 months. My wife says I look younger and my energy is up. I had to wait about 4 years before I found an endo that would write me a script and it's for a legit reason too. 3iu 5X a week has made a difference.

JohnnyB

Comment

• willie2
              • Dec 2003

Well guys (and girls...sorry Ms. Wetback) I'll be 60 in June...so I'm an old guy. I feel great most days and yes age does have its draw backs but for the most part its been a hell of a ride!

Comment

• meateater

hrt

Comment

• jboldman
                  VET
                  • Feb 2007

when you get older you appreciate the things others take for granted , like being able to climb that mountain or look better than a 22yr old. cheer up you guys at 40, you have plenty of really good time to build and develop before you have to worry about it. at 60+ i have to realize my limitations and work on my good points, aerobics become more important and mass less so. I am still able to lift heavier than my 28yo sons and generate comments when i wear short sleeve shirts. what you really need to concentrate on are the blood test results particularly the cholesterol. I would also absolutely recommend low dose ACE inibitors to counteract normal rises in BP and prevent/reverse LV hypertrophy.

jb
                  Admin CuttingEdgeMuscle.com

Comment

• Sadie

Originally posted by go4thepump
                    It takes longer to get myself out of bed with all the joint pain ..

is it bad that i have had this one for about 5 yrs and i just turned 30 lol sounds like someone stomping on bubble wrap when i get out of bed in the morning hehe

Comment

• Rajincajun
                      Vet
                      • May 2007

I got a young wife so she keeps me going. With her I don't have time to be old LOL!!! But I have noticed a lot of things now that I'm 40 but honestly I look young now that im 40 than I did when I was 35. I believe it has a lot to do with my life and the people around me and of course a good diet and exercise.

I use to dread being or the fact that I was about to be 40 or even close to it. I feel great most of the time but I have my days when I wake up and I feel 40. Now being 40 is truly not old to be honest. I think 40 is a prefect age special for me. Everything in my life right now is so perfect to me anyways. I hope 50 is the same way and If my body can hold up I plan on looking better at 50 than I do now.
                      48? It's only the beginning.
                      In life I fail and fail again, that's why I succeed..

Comment

• Rajincajun
                        Vet
                        • May 2007

Ouch! Is it your knees or a mixture of everything? My ankles do that bad. If I ever had to sneak up on someone I couldnt LOL!!! One thing that I have found that stops a lot of joint pops is Flax seed oil (dont know if thats spelled right)
                        48? It's only the beginning.
                        In life I fail and fail again, that's why I succeed..

Comment

• meateater

helps my pain, physical AND mental.

Comment

• go4thepump

Actually , sincve I layed back on the lifting , I have felt much , MUCH better !!!!!!!!
                            And to think , I thopught lifting weights was thwe only way to stay young . Sex is the key baby !!!!!

Originally posted by Sadie
                            is it bad that i have had this one for about 5 yrs and i just turned 30 lol sounds like someone stomping on bubble wrap when i get out of bed in the morning hehe

Comment

• meateater

Originally posted by go4thepump
                              Actually , sincve I layed back on the lifting , I have felt much , MUCH better !!!!!!!!
                              And to think , I thopught lifting weights was thwe only way to stay young . Sex is the key baby !!!!!
                              Yup.

Comment

Working...