Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2BIGFRED
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Jester
    no.... it's probably the worst it has been in the past few years.
    ambien and lunesta sound like a "wonder drug"... but they eventually lose their effectiveness after a year or so of continuous use.
    Right now... my only option is to stop them cold turkey.
    So, if over the next few days I seem like more of an asshole than my usual self... you know why. LOL
    Dr put me on ambien for constant use today because I work swing shifts.Its works great for me and he said when it stops he will switch me to something else.

Comment

• Jester
      VET
      • May 2004

Originally posted by 2BIGFRED
      Dr put me on ambien for constant use today because I work swing shifts.Its works great for me and he said when it stops he will switch me to something else.

welcome to the "other side"

Comment

• HERO

Originally posted by Scotsmark
        If I get less than 6, whether I'm training or not, I'll fall asleep during the day. I get a minimum of 8 hours when I'm at home, sometimes more than 10!
        When I'm at work though, I sometimes get called out after only a few hours, have to stay up for a couple then I'll get maybe 6-8 hours back.
        I'm lucky, I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere.
        Same here...ill always get at least 8 hours a day, i find if i go over 10 ill feel tired all day

Comment

• OKMEDIC
          • Oct 2007

I get about 7 or so. I am also one of the chosen who can fall asleep just about on command. Some say when I tell them of this that I'm not getting enough sleep, but I feel fine throughout the day. Rarely do I have sleep issues, unless I make a late run to Starbucks. The even more odd thing is that sometimes I will drink a cup of coffee that I make here at the house and it will mess with me more than Starbucks coffee. Makes one wonder. And with the sleep study, there are way too many factors that can play into someone's life that may effect their sleep. And mood and everything else; as stated by an earlier post. I do love my sleep though. I'm glad I'm not one of those people who feel that they are waisting time by sleeping. For me, sleep = happiness.
          The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• Supes25

damn i get about 10 or im cranky!

Comment

• ram71
              • Feb 2008

I use to only get 4 hours of sleep at night for about 3 years now I get 7-8 hours and feel much better.

Comment

• rippedfreak
                Banned
                • Dec 2005

having issues sleeping..n i think its due to my bed..getting lower back pains but other than that getting about 5 hours of sleep a night..not bad for me once im up

Comment

• meateater

Get a temper-pedic bed....I got a king size, best bed ever.

Comment

Working...