• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thate
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

Vince Gironda Eggs Diet

Vince Gironda Eggs Diet
    2-3 dozen eggs a day is a lot, especially if your current diet is moderate in protein and fat. Take it easy at first, and remember you will not be taking in any carbohydrates (assuming you are doing the fat loss diet) except once every 3-4 days in the form of a carb only meal.

Cooking and eating 2-3 dozen cooked eggs a day is difficult, but I found shakes to be the most convenient way of getting my fill.

One shake consists of:

Cream (half and half)
    12 eggs (raw)
    Water and Ice
    Pure protein powder (quality whey/or milk and egg) - the powder is mainly for flavor.

Drink this throughout your morning as breakfast.

Adjust the volume to your preference (ie. taste and consistency).

And adjust the egg content to what you can handle (ex. 6 eggs x 3 x day = 1.5 doz. = half way to 3 doz.)

Repeat at noon and evening. Or make several shakes in the morning and bring them with you to work (so long as you have a fridge for storage).

If you want to eat, eat some eggs or meat. But you'll probably find your appetite calms down, and your cravings will subside.

Nick told me my diet was...

eggs: unlimited
    meat: unlimited
    ..."thats it, any questions?"

remember to take digestive enzymes, an EFA blend, and a quality multi-vit (good b complex)
    Vince liked liver tabs, and glandulars as well.

If you are not trying to lose bodyfat then just keep your carb intake moderate. By moderate I mean have some toast with your eggs, or enjoy a small veggie side dish with your steak. What I don't mean is inhaling worthless cereals, or other processed starchy foods with every meal. The kind of carbs you ingest doesn't matter...it all becomes a form a glucose (sugar) and will cause an insulin response (usually leading to bodyfat deposits). The exception would be fiberous food products, as your body cannot digest them.
  • Forkboy

goodluck to salmonella

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Cream and egg yolks are just empty saturated fat calories imo.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Thate
        Vet
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by liftsiron
        Cream and egg yolks are just empty saturated fat calories imo.
        Empty, how do you figure? It greatly boosts testosterone levels. Empty cals example would be from alcohol imo.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Thate
          Empty, how do you figure? It greatly boosts testosterone levels. Empty cals example would be from alcohol imo.
          Your going under the false assumption that since testosterone is in part synthesized from cholesterol, that diets mega high in cholesterol must raise natural test levels...very wrong, if that were the case you could eat tablespoons full of lard all day. A normal eugonadal male will produce 4-7mgs of test per day regardless if they supersaturate their diet or not with cholesterol. Vince had many unfounded and somewhat goofy ideas, all based on assumption, not science.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• GetBigger

egg yolks are imo not an empty cal source. they give alot of vitamins and minerals. also lecithin which is good for lowering cholesterol.

Comment

• John Benz
              Vet
              • Jan 2004

Vince had many unfounded and somewhat goofy ideas, all based on assumption, not science.
              Vince based his radical ideas on years of experience as arguably the most renowned personal trainer of his time. Larry Scott, Sergio and young Arnold Schwarzennegger were among the many pros who sought his "hands-on" unorthodox approach. He threw out anything that failed to produce results. Two of his ideas that seemed goofy back then were to replace hundreds of sit-ups with a new exercise he called the abdominal crunch and he was also the first to preach low-carb and zero carb diets for subcutaneous fat loss. I read everything he wrote and never saw anything that was unfounded or goofy.

The WHOLE egg remains the gold standard of proteins with a BV rating of 100. Individually, neither the white nor the yolk rates this high. In a boiled egg, there is more than enough lecithin to shuttle excess cholesterol out of the system. IFBB pro Pat Skailes told me he made his greatest gains eating 2-3 dozen raw eggs every day for years.

2 well-known trainers who espouse the potency of raw eggs are DC and IRON ADDICT. Science can tell us what "should" work, but no scientific study can negate the results these men achieved in hundreds of satisfied clients. Below is a pic of Pat Skailes before he won his pro card and while still completely natural. He's about 44 here.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Benz; 05-29-2009, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• liftsiron
                Administrator
                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by GetBigger
                egg yolks are imo not an empty cal source. they give alot of vitamins and minerals. also lecithin which is good for lowering cholesterol.
                True, but heavy cream and egg yolks are very calorie dense, and to much will get you fat, when there are dozens of better food choices for a bodybuilder who desires to look lean and cut without excess aerobics. As for the guy eating two to three dozen raw eggs a day, think of the gains the would have made if he had brains enough to realize that raw egg protein is poorly utilized by the human body.

You can find dozens of comparisons b/t raw and cooked eggs, this taken from wikipedia pretty much sums it up.

"Chicken eggs are widely used in many types of dishes, both sweet and savory. Eggs can be pickled, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, scrambled, fried and refrigerated. They can also be eaten raw, though this is not recommended for people who may be especially susceptible to salmonella, such as the elderly, the infirm, or pregnant women. In addition, the protein in raw eggs is only 51% bio-available, whereas that of a cooked egg is nearer 91% bio-available, meaning the protein of cooked eggs is nearly twice as absorbable as the protein from raw eggs.[4] As an ingredient, egg yolks are an important emulsifier in the kitchen, and the proteins in egg white allow it to form foams and aerated dishes."
                Last edited by liftsiron; 05-29-2009, 05:53 AM.
                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• John Benz
                  Vet
                  • Jan 2004

I hate when people, especially knowledgeable people go with scientific articles even when they fly in the face of real world results. Iron Addict and DC swear by raw eggs and are convinced that they are as anabolic as cooked ones....reminds me of the following little bit of humor.

THE FOLLOWING POST IS FICTIONAL. ANY SIMILARITIES TO REAL PEOPLE OR EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

You have this one favorite exercise that you do. You grip the bar your way and you lift it your way. You get this really great squeeze at the top and since you've discovered it, (the particular muscle) has grown 1/4 of an inch in 3 weeks. This has since fired up your whole program and you know you're on your way to the best gains of your lifting career.

The gym you're training at has 2 guys who are getting regional exposure, Pork and Chop. Everyone is in awe of them and they have "God like" status. Only a chosen few have the privilege to talk to them.

You're at the gym and you finish the 2nd set of your favorite exercise and as soon as you drop the bar to the floor, you feel a tap on the shoulder. You turn around and it's Pork with Chop standing behind him with a pissed look on his face.

Pork says, "Look boy alright, next week we have (enter muscle magazine name here) coming by to shoot us for their next issue, alright, and we don't want people to think we train in a gym with people who don't know what they're doing, alright. That exercise you're doing and the way you're doing it makes me and Chop look bad, alright?"

"Yea, look bad. It makes us look bad, alright?" says Chop.

"And if you want proof, alright," says Pork as he reaches into his 2 sizes too small spandex shorts and pulls out a soggy piece of paper, "this is a study from the Journal of the Association of Guys with Too Much Time on their Hands, alright. They had 6 well-trained individuals do your exercise your way for 6 weeks, alright. They concluded that this exercise done your way is completely worthless and anyone who thinks otherwise is a big pooh-pooh brain, alright?"

What do you do?

A. Ignore him and continue on with your 3rd set. Who cares what some study says? You've seen it with your own eyes, that's all the proof you need.

B. Bow down before them and accept the fact that if the study says its worthless, that it must be. Besides what's personal experience compared to science. The 1/4 inch gain must have all been in your head.

C. Take the damp paper from Pork's hand, place it on the floor, pull out your member, urinate on it, pick it back up and rub it all up in Pork's face as you scream, "CONCLUDE THIS, ALRIGHT?"

Comment

• liftsiron
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2003

Hey JB eat all the raw eggs you want. It's funny that DC has his own protein line, which to my knowledge isn't a raw egg product.
                    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Thate
                      Vet
                      • Mar 2007

Your going under the false assumption that since testosterone is in part synthesized from cholesterol, that diets mega high in cholesterol must raise natural test levels...very wrong, if that were the case you could eat tablespoons full of lard all day. A normal eugonadal male will produce 4-7mgs of test per day regardless if they supersaturate their diet or not with cholesterol. Vince had many unfounded and somewhat goofy ideas, all based on assumption, not science.
                      This doesn't address how they are empty calories, your original point.

Comment

• liftsiron
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Thate
                        This doesn't address how they are empty calories, your original point.
                        Ok they are not empty calories, they provide a huge amount of saturated fat and cholesterol...both very good for your heart, and the extra fat should help to add a great degree of bulk right to the waist.
                        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• GetBigger

you both have different views no big deal. its what the games about. agree to disagree

Comment

• John Benz
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2004

Actually I agree with liftsiron that cooked eggs are easier to digest, but I do not agree that they are better for you. Raw eggs contain beneficial enzymes that are lost in the cooking process and the overall quality of any protein is lowered when subjected to heat. I have never seen a study that was published in a major scientific journal like JAMA that proved there was a connection between raw eggs and Biotin definciency. Still I eat my eggs cooked, but not over cooked.

Also the yolks are far more than just cholesterol and fat, they are an extremely high quality protein and one of the rare sources of natural Vitamin D.

Comment

• TAVARES88
                              • Aug 2008

Other advocate of whole eggs is Charles Poliquin.

How about whole enriched omega-3 eggs ?
                              Adopt what is useful and reject what is not.

Comment

Working...