Since the 1990s, at least eight accomplished bodybuilders have died at a young age

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Since the 1990s, at least eight accomplished bodybuilders have died at a young age

This is an interesting article please note that more that 70,000 Americans die each year from kidney failure, Diabetes ranks number one and high blood pressure ranks number two as associated with causing the kidney failure and it's true many BB'ers have one or both conditions. And of course abuse of any drug(s) has ramification.
    Article:
    Since the 1990s, at least eight accomplished bodybuilders have died at a young age, and in addition to Wheeler, another six were forced to stop competing because of serious illness, often involving kidney disease.
    The main source of information for bodybuilders is word of mouth and experimentation, Brainum said. “These guys have no guidance, they talk among themselves, and they don’t even tell the truth to each other,” he said.
    The risk-taking has been made worse by a trend toward ever larger physiques among the sport’s top competitors, some said. Jay Cutler, who won the 2009 Mr. Olympia contest, weighs almost 40 pounds more than Arnold Schwarzenegger did when he won the title in 1974, even though Cutler is five inches shorter.

ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle
  • BigSickD
    Vet
    • May 2004

IMO it is a small percentage, tragic nontheless and I will never play down the seriousness of steroid abuse. I do, however, feel that used properly they can be fairly safe. That is why I have guys at my gym in there sixties that have been using for almost 40yrs and enjoying life. I had a buddy of mine that is 54 tell me that if using has knocked off a few years of his life, it has been worth it to stay in shape and able to still do physical things others his age cannot.
    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by BigSickD
      IMO it is a small percentage, tragic nontheless and I will never play down the seriousness of steroid abuse. I do, however, feel that used properly they can be fairly safe. That is why I have guys at my gym in there sixties that have been using for almost 40yrs and enjoying life. I had a buddy of mine that is 54 tell me that if using has knocked off a few years of his life, it has been worth it to stay in shape and able to still do physical things others his age cannot.
      I'm in agreement 100%!
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• borgluvr

Originally posted by BigSickD

Totally agree with this comment, brother! I had an argument yesterday with a co-worker, whom said it was easy for me to stay in shape! LOL! They have no f'in idea the suffering I have to keep my bodyfat in the high single digits in the summer months...while everyone is gorging themselves on icecream and beer...I'm not! Off topic, moderate responsible AAS usage I feel isn't dangerous...just kkep an eye on your blood pressure...check it regularly!

Comment

• Persian
          VET
          • Oct 2007

a human body is a machine ..
          u treat it well check it up..dont abuse it ur fine ...u give it the rite nutrients ...everything spot on its safe
          u choose that 1 lifestyle super healthy ..sure use steroids but if some1 is thinking of effing about ..then best not 2 touch it ...

Comment

Working...