Another Gym bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j8296
    • Sep 2017

As a rough estimate, how many miles did you run per week? At least your metabolism stayed high with all of the exercise. Especially for someone that has built muscle over a span of years, like yourself. Once the body has reached a certain degree of muscularity, rebuilding is much easier than starting from scratch. Thousands would agree with us on that. Haha. Oh yes, I remember the crazy price hike due to unprecedented demand and dwindling supplies. Granted, a price increase is expected, but the consumers were definitely taken advantage of. The equipment you described is enough to try to maintain muscle for a short time period. Much better than nothing, that’s for sure. How long have gyms been (re)opened where you live? It’s taken me a few months to really get back on the horse again. Many of us were probably humbled by the drop in muscle size and strength. I know I was a bit unsettled, but still grateful to be able to enter a gym. Did you keep up on your nutrition during lockdown?

Comment

• Chooch
      VET
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Puff88
      Damn, chooch and Dakota you guys got some wild stories. Chooch - did you do time for those convictions you mention?
      Sorry I just saw this now. Those are friends of mine.... The bank robber that cuts my hair did 12 years. The dope dealer that cuts my grass is awaiting trial now, no prior convictions for him. As for me, I was a career drug dealer foe a long time. As for if I’ve ever been convicted of anything.....that’s probably not good talk in public lol. I’ve seen and done shit you wouldn’t believe though lol, it’s been a wild ride. I’ve sat at dinner with the highest mobster and local president of a 1% motorcycle club together at the same time haha. Traveled to Florida to meet the columbians. Seen gun play more than once. Quite a few friends murdered. It’s been crazy. You know how at the end of Goodfellas he’s bitching about being an average schmuck?? Yeah I don’t feel that way lol. I’m glad I got the chance to see my daughter grow and become something I’m very proud of. If I’d have gotten killed in the streets like some of my friends or ended up in prison foe a very long time I’d have never met my wife. There’s just so much in life to be grateful for at this point that I’m happy to be an average schmuck lol

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Puff88
        Damn, chooch and Dakota you guys got some wild stories. Chooch - did you do time for those convictions you mention?
        That is nothing. I deleted the post with the good stuff. I don't even want to play those years over in my head anymore. Most would never guess Founder and CEO of a successful company had those types of skeletons. I would rather keep it that way.
        The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

Working...